996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Real OEM Porsche GT2 Decklid, help me decide! -pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 10:52 PM
TurboChris996tt is just really niceTurboChris996tt is just really niceTurboChris996tt is just really niceTurboChris996tt is just really nice
Looks like a fakie to me.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:56 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TurboChris996tt
Looks like a fakie to me.
And what made you draw this conclusion?

Old 03-03-2009, 02:11 AM
boldis_63 is infamous around these partsboldis_63 is infamous around these parts
I have a original GT2 MY 03 and my lid looks exactly like the yellow one.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:49 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boldis_63
I have a original GT2 MY 03 and my lid looks exactly like the yellow one.
Boldis, Thank you for your input. +rep.

Does it have an impressed stamp in the fiberglass? does the mid section look like the yellow as opposed to the gray one?

Old 03-03-2009, 02:58 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Not sure if it's real or not.. but someone on this forum sold me a fake spoiler before, claiming it was real in the ad. It happens.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:59 AM
melsta has a spectacular aura aboutmelsta has a spectacular aura aboutmelsta has a spectacular aura about
what other parts did it came with? the real one will have the left/right air scoop i can take some pictures of mine cause i just got a oem one from a member on here and i didnt put it on yet.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:05 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
i will get you a picture tonight.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:14 AM
boldis_63 is infamous around these partsboldis_63 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT
Boldis, Thank you for your input. +rep.

Does it have an impressed stamp in the fiberglass? does the mid section look like the yellow as opposed to the gray one?
So i took a look again.

I have no stamp in the fiberglass, the mid section looks like to yellow one. I have the sticker in the ventilation duct too.. Turnwald .... and a number.
By chance i know Turnwald, the company and owner. He has been Porsche deliverer for some time in the beginning of the decade. It's possible that he was the supplier for the parts. I'll try to ask him..

Old 03-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by melsta
what other parts did it came with? the real one will have the left/right air scoop i can take some pictures of mine cause i just got a oem one from a member on here and i didnt put it on yet.
It came with the left and right scoops made of plastic and not fiberglass. Please take a picture of the underside when you have a chance. thank you, rep+

Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
i will get you a picture tonight.
Thank you, look forward to the picture for comparision. rep+

Originally Posted by boldis_63
So i took a look again.

I have no stamp in the fiberglass, the mid section looks like to yellow one. I have the sticker in the ventilation duct too.. Turnwald .... and a number.
By chance i know Turnwald, the company and owner. He has been Porsche deliverer for some time in the beginning of the decade. It's possible that he was the supplier for the parts. I'll try to ask him..
My sticker in the vent says "ft" on the left, the 2 lines of writing (not english, and 5 numbers on the bottom. Any chance you could take a picture of the whole underside of the decklid. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
This is just me, and I'm pretty paranoid, but I would be concerned if I bought an allegedly oem gt2 wing, and it lacked the stamped numbers, and the verified oem units have this stamp. A sticker wouldn't do a whole lot in my book...but a stamp pressed into the part...that would do it for me. Just something to think about.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:14 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
drop Gert from Carnewal an email. I'll bet he can get you the answer you're looking for.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by maxwell
drop Gert from Carnewal an email. I'll bet he can get you the answer you're looking for.
I'll shoot him over an email, thanks for your advice. rep+

Originally Posted by Scottslaw
This is just me, and I'm pretty paranoid, but I would be concerned if I bought an allegedly oem gt2 wing, and it lacked the stamped numbers, and the verified oem units have this stamp. A sticker wouldn't do a whole lot in my book...but a stamp pressed into the part...that would do it for me. Just something to think about.
I'm very paranoid about it too. I'm very interested to see a picture of boldis' decklid to give me some assurance its real. The seller assured me its 100% oem, so i guess i'll have to give it some more time, to see if i can prove otherwise.rep+

Old 03-03-2009, 09:45 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT

Thank you, look forward to the picture for comparision. rep+
I lied!!.. I'll get the picture tomorrow.. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Old 03-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
I lied!!.. I'll get the picture tomorrow.. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Not a problem, i look forward to your post.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:02 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
You have pm

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Real OEM Porsche GT2 Decklid, help me decide! -pictures