996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Real OEM Porsche GT2 Decklid, help me decide! -pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 01:22 PM
DRMitchell is infamous around these parts
Just take it to a dealer for verification.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
Thomas,

Both of the deck lids I have are different in the midsection from the yellow lid you have, but mine are identical to each other. The only difference between my two lids are the stamp & sticker... the one that came on my car from the factory (MY 2002) has a less obvious stamp than the one I bought to replace it (in 2007). Also, the original factory lid has the sticker and the replacement does not.

Let me know if you want more pictures, or if you want to meet and see them in person. It would be good for you to PM me your email and/or phone too.

Steve

Old 03-05-2009, 03:26 AM
boldis_63 is infamous around these partsboldis_63 is infamous around these parts
Ok, now I took a picture. I hope the pic is clear enough.

regards

Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2009, 03:28 AM
boldis_63 is infamous around these partsboldis_63 is infamous around these parts
And the sticker...

Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2009, 04:08 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Boldis, Thank you for taking the time to snap the shots. Your decklid looks exactly like mine. And the inner sticker is right on.

I did notice that this one is missing the weather stripping and the strip that goes to the intake duct. Hopefully these parts won't cost too much from factory.

Thank you again, and thanks to everyone who contributed here.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:35 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Definitely a fake, not even worth a hundred bucks, go ahead and ship it to me, I'll even be kind and give you double what it's worth, two hundred bucks, I'll pm you my details

Seriously, it looks real enough and unless you have a real GT2 what does it matter. It definitely looks quality. I say put it on.....

Old 03-05-2009, 09:20 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Thomas talked to my freind , his does not have the stamp either looks exactly like boldis's deck. sticker and all

Old 03-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Thomas,

FWIW, I flipped my spare lid over and looked inside to find the same sticker everyone else has on the inside of the air vent/intake. I took some pics but can't post them from home, so I'll do that when I get to work. Like I mentioned in my PM, I'm 100% sure you've got an OE lid, so get it painted and let's see what you're ride looks like with it on.

Steve

Old 03-05-2009, 10:44 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
Definitely a fake, not even worth a hundred bucks, go ahead and ship it to me, I'll even be kind and give you double what it's worth, two hundred bucks, I'll pm you my details

Seriously, it looks real enough and unless you have a real GT2 what does it matter. It definitely looks quality. I say put it on.....
Sure, whats your address. It matters to me cause i paid a huge premium for it to be oem. I already have a replica, and don't need another.

Originally Posted by unvmym3
Thomas talked to my freind , his does not have the stamp either looks exactly like boldis's deck. sticker and all
Thanks, for looking into this further for me. I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Bodybag
Thomas,

FWIW, I flipped my spare lid over and looked inside to find the same sticker everyone else has on the inside of the air vent/intake. I took some pics but can't post them from home, so I'll do that when I get to work. Like I mentioned in my PM, I'm 100% sure you've got an OE lid, so get it painted and let's see what you're ride looks like with it on.

Steve
Steve, you have really went above and beyond on this one for me. I owe you! I will take it to the body shop today; hopefully it'll fit in my little two seater. I'm not sure if it was the shipper but it has a fair amount of minor dings in the paint.

I wonder what this will cost me to paint.

Thanks again to everyone who helped, those in this thread, those on the phone, those through messages, and those through email. You know who you are.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:20 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
No problem bro , glad that i could somehow help out.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT
I wonder what this will cost me to paint.
If they quote you more than $500 then you need to call me and I will refer you to my painter. A base coat/clear coat on a small part like that shouldn't be over $500.

Here's the pic I mentioned this morning:

Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2009, 10:07 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
i got my pics for you
unfortunately they are iphone pics. Whats the best way to host them for you?
can I email them to you to post?

Old 03-06-2009, 12:14 AM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
sounds like you pretty much have this mystery solved, but one more area you could potentially investigate...remove your scoops and take a look at how your wing angle mechanism is built. From what I gather, only the Misha GT2 lid and OEM GT2 lid have an actual pivot assembly to adjust the angle of attack. The rest out there either cannot be changed or require the use of washers to change the angle slightly. The Misha and OEM pivot assembly work a little differently from what I've seen. Might be worth seeing what yours looks like behind the scoops.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by TunaRollZ
sounds like you pretty much have this mystery solved, but one more area you could potentially investigate...remove your scoops and take a look at how your wing angle mechanism is built. From what I gather, only the Misha GT2 lid and OEM GT2 lid have an actual pivot assembly to adjust the angle of attack. The rest out there either cannot be changed or require the use of washers to change the angle slightly. The Misha and OEM pivot assembly work a little differently from what I've seen. Might be worth seeing what yours looks like behind the scoops.

Thanks for your input. I have the Misha, and it's been my experience that washers are needed.

The hardware on this setup is identical looking to that on Porsche PET.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:52 AM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
Interesting. The current Misha OEM GT2 replica uses a pivot system very similar to the factory GT2 system. It uses several locking nuts and bolts and a pivot latch to adjust the AoA. Regardless though, it sounds like you got the real deal if the latch set up is identical to the OEM GT2 system.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Real OEM Porsche GT2 Decklid, help me decide! -pictures