996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Real OEM Porsche GT2 Decklid, help me decide! -pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 03:24 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Real OEM Porsche GT2 Decklid, help me decide! -pictures

Anyone with a GT2 in their shop or in their garage, please HELP me figure this out!

I deeply appreciate any info anyone can give me in this matter; i need to find resolution as soon as possible

Guys, i need your help. I was going to buy a oem gt2 decklid from suncoast, but found out it would cost around 10k.

I picked up a gt2 decklid from a 6speeder, and i need help to make sure its real oem before i get it painted. The yellow one is the one i bought, and the seal gray one is my buddy's that came off his gt2 from factory. Both have stickers that list a 996.512.233.31. I called porsche and they couldn't find this part number. Must be a good sticker because it is also on my buddy's from factory. If you own a gt2 please compare this to your own.

The only differences i could spot are, the seal gray has a porsche part number stamp/imprinted into the decklid, and the part i circled looks a bit different from the gray and the yellow.

I will post more pictures up soon....

Thanks in advance.

Updated picture:

Here is the picture of the stamp thats on my buddy's oem gt2 decklid that isn't on the yellow one. I think this is also the stamp Zip22 is refering to.

Here is a sticker i found inside the duct on the underside of the deck lid. Has the letters ft on the left, and some numbers on the bottom. ( i know the quality sucks, was taken with iphone, and not exactly an easy place to fit a camera)

Last edited by NineNineSixTT; 03-02-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:26 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
hmm could the differance be possibly due to year ? what did you pay for the yellow one if you dont mind me asking ? you can pm me if you wish.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:33 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Is the seal gray one for sale?

Old 03-02-2009, 05:43 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Is the seal gray one for sale?
Not that i know of.

Originally Posted by unvmym3
hmm could the differance be possibly due to year ? what did you pay for the yellow one if you dont mind me asking ? you can pm me if you wish.
You have pm.

Anyone out there with a gt2 that can help me compare with their decklid?

Old 03-02-2009, 06:16 PM
ZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond repute
I have an OEM GT2 decklid and it matches the seal gray...see below:

Old 03-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by ZIP22
I have an OEM GT2 decklid and it matches the seal gray...see below:

Thanks Zip for posting the picture. You mid section resembles the seal gray. Does your decklid have a stamp impression with the porsche part number on it? +rep

Old 03-02-2009, 07:27 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
Let me know if you decide you want to sell the yellow one..I might be interested since it matches my car already.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Soundeffects
Let me know if you decide you want to sell the yellow one..I might be interested since it matches my car already.
Thanks for interest. I'm very interested in figuring out the authenticity of the decklid.

If its not real, something needs to be done.

Anyone else with anything furthermore to add about this decklid?

Old 03-02-2009, 07:37 PM
ZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT
Thanks Zip for posting the picture. You mid section resembles the seal gray. Does your decklid have a stamp impression with the porsche part number on it? +rep

Yes, it does have the stamp.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by ZIP22
Yes, it does have the stamp.

Thanks Zip. Seems like yours and the seal gray are identical. Now back to my original question: Is the yellow one a real oem gt2 decklid?... looks perfect except the 2 things i noticed above.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:17 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
If it looks perfect and fits, should be just fine right? Unless you paid more than what a replica goes for, then all bets are off. What was the story behind it - why would someone have a spare GT2 decklid?

Old 03-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by jimmer23
If it looks perfect and fits, should be just fine right? Unless you paid more than what a replica goes for, then all bets are off. What was the story behind it - why would someone have a spare GT2 decklid?

I paid alot more than a replica goes for. I currently have a misha, and though the fitment is decent, i prefer an oem.

The seller bought it off someone who claims to have taken it off their SY GT2 to put the techart gts kit on.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:17 PM
updated 2 more pictures....

Old 03-02-2009, 09:22 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Ah ha. I gotta tell you, if there's no stamp actually pressed in then it doesn't look good for your wing.

Did the guy have a good rep? Could be that he got scammed himself?

Hope you sort it out.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by jimmer23
Ah ha. I gotta tell you, if there's no stamp actually pressed in then it doesn't look good for your wing.

Did the guy have a good rep? Could be that he got scammed himself?

Hope you sort it out.
Thats what i was thinking regarding the stamp. Although i've seen a few variations of the oem decklid, from those that came from factory on the cars, and those that were ordered after.

He has a decent rep, and seems like an honest person.

I'm sure there are techs/ gt2 car owners who can help identify this parts authenticity.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Real OEM Porsche GT2 Decklid, help me decide! -pictures