996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Have 996TT prices bottomed out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 01:49 PM
mod220 is infamous around these parts
Have 996TT prices bottomed out?

I almost made a purchase last year, but knowing the economy was heading down i decided to wait. but here we are a year later, in the midst of a very deep recession, the stock market has lost half its value, yet used 996TT w/ 40k miles are still priced where they were last year ($45-55k). have prices bottomed or am i missing something?

Old 03-05-2009, 03:46 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Be patient, there is MUCH more pain ahead for the economy. Wait until all the commercial real estate starts defaulting. That will be the next shoe...er BOOT to drop. As the small companies go under, the landlords will not be in a position to make the nut. bad news. Maybe a 25% default rate coming. Oh yeah, then get ready for consumer credit card debt, which is unsecured.. Fun times indeed.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:55 PM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
I personally think that they are still dropping a little bit. When I bought mine in aug. 08 there weren't nearly as many 'deals' out there that there are now. I think there is a much better selection than there was just six months ago that will continue to drive down prices as people are needing to sell thier cars.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Banned
jbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant future
Here is the deal, wait till you notice prices going up slightly thats when you have seen the bottom

When Im deal hunting I always wait till the first steady increase then I know I did good

Old 03-05-2009, 04:21 PM
mmmmm is infamous around these parts
enjoying the car is worth much more than 5-10K dollars per year. Just buy the newest 911tt you can justify.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:21 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
most that have purchased 996TT's in the last couple of years still made out if given that money would've been put into equities or real estate. my honest opinion... don't try to time when you think it's hit bottom... don't shop for the cheapest TT out there, rather, time is on your side, find the one you want with the right mods and you will be getting a hell of a deal. trust me on this one. if you buy the cheapest one available, you'll end up spending more to make it perfect... there are some great deals on very clean cars with great mods... that imo is what makes it such a great time to buy.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:29 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jhuang25
most that have purchased 996TT's in the last couple of years still made out if given that money would've been put into equities or real estate. my honest opinion... don't try to time when you think it's hit bottom... don't shop for the cheapest TT out there, rather, time is on your side, find the one you want with the right mods and you will be getting a hell of a deal. trust me on this one. if you buy the cheapest one available, you'll end up spending more to make it perfect... there are some great deals on very clean cars with great mods... that imo is what makes it such a great time to buy.
+1. Just buy the car and stop being bottom feeders. What's cheap isnt always dear FWIW....

Old 03-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Nigel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by $manager
Be patient, there is MUCH more pain ahead for the economy. Wait until all the commercial real estate starts defaulting. That will be the next shoe...er BOOT to drop. As the small companies go under, the landlords will not be in a position to make the nut. bad news. Maybe a 25% default rate coming. Oh yeah, then get ready for consumer credit card debt, which is unsecured.. Fun times indeed.
Absolutely correct.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:55 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Mr Huang-
I do agree that if you want it buy it, but I gotta say you have me scratching my head on the first part.

A used 996tt is a depreciating asset and although I agree again about timing any bottom, prices on these cars will drop greater than 'normal" in the next 6 months. Too much pain not yet uncovered. Guys, we are in a depression. Right now.

Any of the obvious throw a dart at it short trades notwithstanding, if you just went long any of the proshare ultrashort etf's over the past 6-12 months, you could buy one GT2 with the profits. One of each color that is. Remember, you can ALWAYS make money in equities

Old 03-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Nigel is infamous around these parts
Mr Huang-
I do agree that if you want it buy it, but I gotta say you have me scratching my head on the first part.

A used 996tt is a depreciating asset and although I agree again about timing any bottom, prices on these cars will drop greater than 'normal" in the next 6 months. Too much pain not yet uncovered. Guys, we are in a depression. Right now.

Any of the obvious throw a dart at it short trades notwithstanding, if you just went long any of the proshare ultrashort etf's over the past 6-12 months, you could buy one GT2 with the profits. One of each color that is. Remember, you can ALWAYS make money in equities
You think they'll drop even more? I've been watching this market since last Fall, because I'm waiting for the right 996TT to appear. I saw them drop a LOT in November/December, but they seem to have held steady, if not risen a little, in the last month or so.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:30 PM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
i agree w some of the above, buying the car u want is worth more than wondering if it will drop 5k

Old 03-05-2009, 05:59 PM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Originally Posted by s14roller
i agree w some of the above, buying the car u want is worth more than wondering if it will drop 5k
I agree with this. I just got a 2005 Turbo S Cab with 6K genuine miles in mint condition. worth the little extra I paid.

SWR

Old 03-05-2009, 06:00 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
Mr Huang-

i think you may have misunderstood what i meant.... last 2 years, equities and real estate has been as well, but anyways.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
It's low enough. Enjoy your life.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
what did you pay?

The only problem with a super low mileage car is that it hurts to drive it.

Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider
I agree with this. I just got a 2005 Turbo S Cab with 6K genuine miles in mint condition. worth the little extra I paid.

SWR

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Have 996TT prices bottomed out?