996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car insurance - Geico?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is infamous around these parts
Car insurance - Geico?

I am with Metlife and get a decent deal because I get a discount through my company. Still, I was going to check out Geico, and maybe AIG. If they have significantly less premiums, I may switch.

Anyone have any experience with making claims through these guys? Do they treat you right, or fight you on everything?

Thanks in advance

Old 09-29-2004, 11:10 PM
NC Bob is infamous around these parts
I have a perfect driving record. No tickets and no accidents. Gieco would not touch my TT. Boxster was OK.

Old 09-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is infamous around these parts
Doh! Was the savings at Gieco on the Boxster worth losing the multi-car discount at some other insurer?

Old 09-29-2004, 11:36 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Being recently in a major accident, I know insurance companies that are not accomtumed to dealing with high end cars can hold your claim up. It took me 3 months to get my money from my wrecked 2004 Turbo. I hear Chubb lets you tailor make your policy with coverages and value. You tell them the value, they give you a price. In the unfortunate case of a total loss, they right you a check on the spot for what you valued the car at. Its a little more pricey, but, speaking to sevaral agents that are my customers, they all say Chubb is best.

Lou

Old 09-29-2004, 11:37 PM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
Geico would not cover my TT. BTW, Progressive has my car listed as a Carrera GT. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 09-29-2004, 11:42 PM
JC996TT is infamous around these parts
Geico uses aftermarket parts as a policy and have taken a very strong stance on not paying the price quality shop need to repair our cars correctly leaving us to pay the difference out of pocket. In california anyway but every state is different as they are run by DOI

Old 09-30-2004, 01:27 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
well i have geico and some one just messed up my rear bumper on my tt ..and the payd me in 48 hours the check to get it fixed and i pay cheep for gieco ...they have all 4 cars for me and no problems..love alot cheaper than progressive for me ..for my tt i pay 120.00 a month ..

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:28 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I tried to get a policy with Geico once on short notice for an impulse car purchase. After spending nearly 2 hours on the phone with them to arrange everything, and have the paperwork overnighted, Saturday delivery to me, nothing shows up on Saturday. When I called to complain, they said they had no record of my phone call and offered to do everything over again. You've got one guess what I told them to do...

Old 09-30-2004, 02:12 AM
JC996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by wheelB
well i have geico and some one just messed up my rear bumper on my tt ..and the payd me in 48 hours the check to get it fixed and i pay cheep for gieco ...they have all 4 cars for me and no problems..love alot cheaper than progressive for me ..for my tt i pay 120.00 a month ..
Heh Progressive is worse. I am not knocking GEICO (they are my insurance carrier also) I am just giving a warning, I am in the business so I know how to get what I want but if you want the best in the business (not the cheapest) it has be to Auto Club.

Old 09-30-2004, 02:53 AM
DT04R is infamous around these parts
Howdy!

Interestingly enough, when I started pricing insurance for a new ride (teetering between a SRT-10 and a 996TT) the TT was significantly _less_ than the Viper (or even the current Z06). Talking ~$250/6-months with pretty substantial coverage (and a $500 de-duct). I confirmed the coverage was for a TT specifically (and not a NA model).

FWIW, I'm married, 38, clean record, etc. We have our house, boat, 3 cars with Florida Farm Bureau that we switched to from State Farm (FFB had no problem covering the house even though we're just a block off the ocean, unlike State Farm). Their customer service has been very good, though we haven't had to make a claim yet (on the east coast of Florida, but Vilano Beach has been pretty much missed every storm).

Seeya -

DT

Old 09-30-2004, 03:26 AM
john stephanus is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by greyghost
Geico would not cover my TT. BTW, Progressive has my car listed as a Carrera GT. Anyone else have this problem?

Hey...maybe if you crash it they will buy you a C-GT...

Old 09-30-2004, 04:19 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
I have state farm... its more expensive, but I feel its worth it...

Old 09-30-2004, 06:49 AM
ebaker is infamous around these parts
Your state department of insurance may have a website listing a company's resolved and unresolved complaints.

Old 09-30-2004, 06:55 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
I have not switched but checked Geico. They are $2K per year cheaper than USAA for 5 cars, no accidents or tickets...

I've been with USAA for 20 years but I'm tempted to move...

Roy

Old 09-30-2004, 07:21 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by greyghost
TOTAL YOUR CAR RIGHT NOW AND COLLECT THE 400K!!!!!!!
How is this a problem???
Evan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car insurance - Geico?