996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K24/18G Conversion - Where and how much?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jleeev
9Eleven- An 18G tune is $1500-$2500 alone. What is the source of your figures?

Best,

J
Our current pricing is:
$1499 for a 5 bar k24/18g flash
$1699 for a 58lb, 60lb, 72lb, or 96lb injector flash

Old 03-09-2009, 12:12 PM
jleeev is infamous around these parts
Thanks Tony but that's kind of my point.........curious to know what vendor(s) 9eleven is referring to with this statement?
"You should be able to send your turbos in, have the modifications done including the actuators and a FPR, get the ECU reprogrammed, all for about 3500.00"

Also Tony I was interested to see that tuning rates have remained constant even in this economic climate?

Cheers,

J

Old 03-09-2009, 12:19 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Ari,

Where in SoCal are you getting the work done? I'm interested in this upgrade as well, I have an X50 car also.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !

Also Tony I was interested to see that tuning rates have remained constant even in this economic climate?

Cheers,

J
Tuning rates have actually dropped quite a bit already. Last year when I went K24/18G with my yellow car I paid $2,999.00 for a tune. Now a similar tune is $1,699-$1,999.00 depending on the tuner. K16 Re-flashes have also gotten to the $1295.00 range, a far cry from the 2-3k they where some time ago.

Truth be told the economy has actually helped the tuning industry. In most cases people are purchasing performance cars at a bargain and much more interested in modding them. It's a lot easier to spend 2k for basic modifications for your 45k turbo now, than it was to spend 5k for the same modifications on your 65k turbo a year ago.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by paneraiwatches
Ari,

Where in SoCal are you getting the work done? I'm interested in this upgrade as well, I have an X50 car also.
Hmmm.. Package deal. 2x turbo upgrades, 2x 5bar or injectors, 2x flashes .

Email me if you're interested.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:03 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I'd call Blouch and then do the math on everything. One thing to consider is what you may get for a used set of K24s with 30K on them. I paid almost 3K for my tune as well but I'm very happy with it. Any way you go I think you'll be happy with your K24/18gs, I am.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:05 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
I recommend Vivid Racing for the turbos and they will also offer Softronic tuning. I went from a 12.8 60-130 (stock) to 6.8 60-130 (24/18g). That is pretty strong.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:29 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
6k is a little strong. You should be able to send your turbos in, have the modifications done including the actuators and a FPR, get the ECU reprogrammed, all for about 3500.00
I shopped around for a while and was able to get a set of barely used K24's and then send them to blouch and that set me back 4K in total. All the other bits and bobs quickly added up including 3K for the Proto Tune. I'd love to hear who is doing the work you are referring too. By the time I was done adding my personal touches I was done for a hair under 9K.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Billystang is infamous around these parts
I think PROTOMOTIVE is great.
i heard a lot good thinks for them and they been in business very long time
I will go with them when i make some money from stock market(i hope!)
Good Luck

Old 03-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
I shopped around for a while and was able to get a set of barely used K24's and then send them to blouch and that set me back 4K in total. All the other bits and bobs quickly added up including 3K for the Proto Tune. I'd love to hear who is doing the work you are referring too. By the time I was done adding my personal touches I was done for a hair under 9K.
Should have called, We keep brand new ones on the shelf for $3,700 currently with the upgraded waste gates as well if people want to buy them seperately.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:05 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Tony but that's kind of my point.........curious to know what vendor(s) 9eleven is referring to with this statement?
"You should be able to send your turbos in, have the modifications done including the actuators and a FPR, get the ECU reprogrammed, all for about 3500.00"

Cheers,

J
Call Dan at Vivid.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:11 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bmoores
If you already have K24's (X50, Gt2, S) it's less than half that for the total package.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Call Dan at Vivid.
If you have K24s already you can be out the door for under $3,000 with 5Bar, EPL tune and having Blouch do your upgrade with actuators(plus shipping).

If you've got K16s on your car though, no way to get the package that cheap. I don't see anyway to get the pricing down to $4,500.00 for an entire package including K24s as your post implies. That being said I think it might be time for another special price on these......

Old 03-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Our current pricing is:
$1499 for a 5 bar k24/18g flash
$1699 for a 58lb, 60lb, 72lb, or 96lb injector flash
And what do you charge to modify a set of K24's to include actuators??

Old 03-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by onelove
If you have K24s already you can be out the door for under $3,000 with 5Bar, EPL tune and having Blouch do your upgrade with actuators(plus shipping).
All my posts indicated that the buyer already owned a set of K24's. Your Honor, I rest my case.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K24/18G Conversion - Where and how much?