996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K24/18G Conversion - Where and how much?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 04:20 PM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Sorry for the threadjack, but can the Tiptronic take the power from this upgrade? I'm picking up an '03 X50 with 5K miles on it next week. I assume the turbos are as good as new. What are the expected gains? I just realized that I'd need an exhaust as well.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:22 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ari
I'm looking to get my K24s upgraded.
This is the OP. If anyone misinterpreted any of my posts, they did not read this thread completely.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by seth_horwitz
Sorry for the threadjack, but can the Tiptronic take the power from this upgrade? I'm picking up an '03 X50 with 5K miles on it next week. I assume the turbos are as good as new. What are the expected gains? I just realized that I'd need an exhaust as well.
Tiptronic can take the extra no problem, you will have a bit more drivetrain loss with the auto, but other than that no problem.

Anyone considering this upgrade should likely already have an exhaust and set of diverter valves on their car.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:32 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by seth_horwitz
Of course. So far so good.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:28 PM
rosesplus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by onelove
If you have K24s already you can be out the door for under $3,000 with 5Bar, EPL tune and having Blouch do your upgrade with actuators(plus shipping).

If you've got K16s on your car though, no way to get the package that cheap. I don't see anyway to get the pricing down to $4,500.00 for an entire package including K24s as your post implies. That being said I think it might be time for another special price on these......
Then add on for a new clutch.......

Old 03-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Blouch does the conversion for everyone here. They charge the same whether you are retail or wholesale. You get the 18G upgrade and new 1.0bar actuators. We stock new ones because most upgraders are coming from K16's. If you want new K24/18G's, your looking at $4000. If you want tuning and a 5 bar to make it complete, pony up around $5500. But well worth it. Ask the Houston boys like BlackHorseTurbo, Paulie, etc...

Old 03-10-2009, 08:22 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
Should have called, We keep brand new ones on the shelf for $3,700 currently with the upgraded waste gates as well if people want to buy them seperately.

Wes, You are the man. I plan on continuing to do business with you guys when the time comes for more upgrades.

Originally Posted by vividracing
Ask the Houston boys like BlackHorseTurbo, Paulie, etc...
It is definitely worth it. The upgrade gave the car the ***** it was missing initially. Although, i'm already considering injectors and other add-ons to get more power. It is a slippery slope.