996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Which guages should I get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Which guages should I get?

A/R ratio and maybe a boost gauge?

I need the A/F guage....do I need to boost gauge? Is the dash guage inaccurate?

Thanks

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 03-09-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Doh! I spelled gauge wrong...mods, can you correct?

Old 03-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Sean I have the AEM Wideband, but I've been told that it does not fair so well with leaded gas. I would suggest the Innovative one, or whatever Tommy recommended to me when/if my AEM goes bad.

For boost I'd get a matching brand if its possible, just to make it look clean. You could always just get another EBC that's more up to date (Hince a newer Profec B Type II that has a digital boost gauge built in). The stock dash gauge is a joke according to every post I've read, Akram, and testing that I've seen with my own eyes. As I stated in the other thread 25psi high with 24.5psi sustained was reading 1.5 on my dash. Hell mine reads 1.5bar before the car reachs 19psi on the boost gauge.

Regardless just make sure you get something that matches. You don't want two mis-matching gauges in the car. That'll look janky!

Old 03-09-2009, 09:42 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Sean,
Check this one out. Scott used it on his old Proto car. Also John D I think has a new one he sells at Speedtech.

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm

Ryan

Old 03-09-2009, 09:45 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
zitronix or brockway

Old 03-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
Sean,
Check this one out. Scott used it on his old Proto car. Also John D I think has a new one he sells at Speedtech.

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm

Ryan
That's a pretty trick unit esp since it can data log. I'd just stick with gauges in Sean's case because I do not think he needs to do any extra logging. Esp. since his tune has been modified already.

Sean I was thinking about a Brockaway (spelling?) unit because our cars utilize a true Wideband o2 sensor, but it will still not show the correct amount of boost unless it's got an external port to monitor boost and not the DME. I think, and correct me if I'm wrong John, that the Brockaway unit reads the boost off the same sensors as the dash, therefor it would be wrong.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:04 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Sean needs the gauge on the end of my fist,that way it will be right in his face...

Old 03-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Sean needs the gauge on the end of my fist,that way it will be right in his face...
Paul go get the GT2 and come grab me from the office. I'll get lunch! I got myself a ride to work today with the parentals and I'm starting to get hungry already LOL!

Tomorrow I'll have the Turbo up here so I can get some things taken care of on it.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
That's a pretty trick unit esp since it can data log. I'd just stick with gauges in Sean's case because I do not think he needs to do any extra logging. Esp. since his tune has been modified already.

Sean I was thinking about a Brockaway (spelling?) unit because our cars utilize a true Wideband o2 sensor, but it will still not show the correct amount of boost unless it's got an external port to monitor boost and not the DME. I think, and correct me if I'm wrong John, that the Brockaway unit reads the boost off the same sensors as the dash, therefor it would be wrong.
Chris,

Can you expand on this a little? Thanks

Edwin

Old 03-09-2009, 10:43 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
hmm im not sure thats correct cuase the durametric uses that port also . and Todd tunes off that .so if it was not accurate i dont think he would be doing that .

Old 03-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by unvmym3
hmm im not sure thats correct cuase the durametric uses that port also . and Todd tunes off that .so if it was not accurate i dont think he would be doing that .
I know the Durametric reads the actual MAP sensor, etc. It just depends what the Brockway reads off of. I am not sure which it does though. Like I said I could be wrong on that.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:50 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Sean i've got the RS 9000 which is similar to the Brockway unit if you want to swing by and check it out. It reads a/f off of both right and left bank. it also displays EGT, IAT, RPM's, VSS, Max RPM, 0-60 times. Best money i've spent in the whole process.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
Sean i've got the RS 9000 which is similar to the Brockway unit if you want to swing by and check it out. It reads a/f off of both right and left bank. it also displays EGT, IAT, RPM's, VSS, Max RPM, 0-60 times. Best money i've spent in the whole process.
Sean,

Pm sent

Edwin

Old 03-09-2009, 02:37 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
I checked with john. They don't sell them anymore and he has no other options.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:42 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
I'll start the bidding for mine at $1 Million Dollars Todd!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which guages should I get?