996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

windy city motorsports Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 10:25 AM
anikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to all
windy city motorsports Experience

Hi All,
I have located a nice 2005S at windy city motorsports in Schaumburg, IL. Anyone has any opinion about this used car guys? I say one rip-off review on multiple sites about these guys, so I am a bit worried. BTW, here is a link to the car

http://windy-city-motorsports.ebizau...o-3899492.html.

As usual, any and all feedback most welcome.

Thanks in advance,
-Arman

Old 03-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
If you're "a bit worried"...that means that it just doesn't feel right. Follow your instincts...there are certainly plenty of the TT's out there to choose from...why focus on one that you go into with an uneasy feeling? The market is flooded with great deals and beautiful cars.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:01 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Arman,

They are like 10 mins from my house. I haven’t heard of anything bad about them. But in general Parin @ CMC has been the best to deal with when it comes to exotic cars in Chicago. Let me know if you want me to check out the turbo. I will stop on my way back home.

I almost bought a 02 yellow tt from them last year. The car was not in great condition. No matter where you go...you have to do your own homework and PPI for sure.

Last edited by vbmw335; 03-09-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:13 PM
996-471 is a splendid one to behold996-471 is a splendid one to behold996-471 is a splendid one to behold996-471 is a splendid one to behold996-471 is a splendid one to behold996-471 is a splendid one to behold996-471 is a splendid one to behold996-471 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vbmw335
Arman,

They are like 10 mins from my house. I haven’t heard of anything bad about them. But in general Parin @ CMC has been the best to deal with when it comes to exotic cars in Chicago. Let me know if you want me to check out the turbo. I will stop on my way back home.

I almost bought a 02 yellow tt from them last year. The car was not in great condition. No matter where you go...you have to do your own homework and PPI for sure.
I am having problems with Chicago Motorcars right now. Parin told me that he was going to throw in a tune for the car when I bought it. It has been 6 months and no check. He was supposed to call a friend in Tulsa to install the tune, but "could not get a hold of him". He has told me twice he sent the check and still nothing. He also told me he had just spent $6000 on a Tubi exhaust, and when I got the car home it had straight pipes on it. If you buy something from Parin do a good inspection of the car and make sure you have everything before you leave the dealership. I drove 12 hours to pick the car up from Oklahoma, and he never showed up to meet me when I picked the car up.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:17 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 996-471
I am having problems with Chicago Motorcars right now. Parin told me that he was going to throw in a tune for the car when I bought it. It has been 6 months and no check. He was supposed to call a friend in Tulsa to install the tune, but "could not get a hold of him". He has told me twice he sent the check and still nothing. He also told me he had just spent $6000 on a Tubi exhaust, and when I got the car home it had straight pipes on it. If you buy something from Parin do a good inspection of the car and make sure you have everything before you leave the dealership. I drove 12 hours to pick the car up from Oklahoma, and he never showed up to meet me when I picked the car up.
Sorry to hear your bad experience. why dont you call him directly and get this resolved? did you pay for the tune already? was he referring to Bobby?

Old 03-09-2009, 03:21 PM
996-471 is a splendid one to behold996-471 is a splendid one to behold996-471 is a splendid one to behold996-471 is a splendid one to behold996-471 is a splendid one to behold996-471 is a splendid one to behold996-471 is a splendid one to behold996-471 is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to hear your bad experience. why dont you call him directly and get this resolved? did you pay for the tune already? was he referring to Bobby?
I call his cell phone and shop phone. No, I haven't paid for the tune. The thing that really made me mad about it, was that it was not my idea to throw in a tune, he offered it. Yes, he was referring me to bobby.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:46 PM
anikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to all
Arman,

Hello,
If it is not too much trouble would you be able to check out the car and let me know, if you see it is in good shape and has all the features as described, i.e AWE exhaust, blit diverter valves, GIAC programmer, etc. Then I may consider to hop on a plane and show up myself.

Thanks Again,
-Arman

Old 03-09-2009, 04:07 PM
soothsayer is infamous around these parts
I havent heard anything bad about them. I do like how they depict every option of the car through pics.. i.e. the x50 intercoolers. The car looks really nice.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Arman , check your pm

Old 03-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Thanks.

-Arman

Old 03-10-2009, 07:20 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Looks like a nice car....

but +1 on your own homework.....Car sales is the dirtiest business right next to running an underage whorehouse in eastern europe...you just cannot expect to have a good experiance on all levels.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
+1 what Adam699 said. Some salesmen will tell you anything to sell you a car. Then as soon as you leave the lot with the car they don't give a rat's *** about you.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Hi Guys ,
wanted to give an update, much thanks goes to
vbmw335
My Garage
he was kind enough to go over to the dealer and look the car over - paint was like glass - PCCB brand new (), so based on his rec. I had the car flat-bedded to Chicage Performance Tuning.

The owner, Al, is a super guy, very friendly and technical. He looked the car over, and simply over the phone said, repainted rear quarter panels, too new PCCBs indicating a recent replacement. Furthermore, he said he is able to hear a bearing noise coming from the engine and that is not related to belts or anything else. Most likely an internal issue. So I decided not to go for it. Windy City was kind enough to agree to return my $1K deposit.

So all and all great exprience, I found a good people in Chicago area, and did not end up w/ problem child.

SO THE SEARCH GOES ON.
-Arman

Old 03-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Good Luck finiding a nice car. CPT does a great job in the Chicago area.

No replacement for a good Independent shop PPI.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Arman: It's nice to hear of a dealership that treated a potential customer well and returned your deposit without having to go to the mat. You are out the money for the flatbed and PPI, but you potentially saved yourself a bunch of money for future issues. Was a CarFax run on this car? Strange that the dealership wouldn't have picked up on those issues. Your PPI man deserves a six-pak.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: windy city motorsports Experience