996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

OK so I am cheap! Or am I? (Exhaust)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:36 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider
Maybe there are some others who think like me. Perhaps have some skills and can offer advice, perhaps? Why do we chat in these forums anyway? Communication and sharing of ideas. At least that is what I thought when I joined, am I wrong?

SWR
This post is legit but the thread starter is . If you want advice on cobbling together an exhaust system just ask.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Do it your way. Little to lose.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Do it and don't worry about it. It's only an exhaust. You ain't going to hurt it.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:21 PM
nycsurfer is infamous around these parts
Yeah ,very cheap ,but there is nothing wrong saving your own money.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:07 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Cheap, maybe, but I think looking for a good deal is part of the fun in shopping! I like to find the best stuff and then find a good deal! If you can get an equivalent part for less money, then do it! Have your exhaust guy make a few more while he has your car and he could probably sell them!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 09:23 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider
Maybe there are some others who think like me. Perhaps have some skills and can offer advice, perhaps? Why do we chat in these forums anyway? Communication and sharing of ideas. At least that is what I thought when I joined, am I wrong?

SWR
No, just curious as to your thinking.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:15 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
In the end it's your choice, but when ppl ask you what kind of exhaust you have..
I'd rather be saying fabspeed instead of something ****ty like action muffler bent up some metal for me.

Just like someone mentioned earlier.. you drive a Porsche not a honda man.
I bet you cheap out on maintaining your car too dont u? haha

Old 03-10-2009, 10:37 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SXN
In the end it's your choice, but when ppl ask you what kind of exhaust you have..
I'd rather be saying fabspeed instead of something ****ty like action muffler bent up some metal for me.

Just like someone mentioned earlier.. you drive a Porsche not a honda man.
I bet you cheap out on maintaining your car too dont u? haha

Hot-roding is not about bragging who has the biggest paycheck and who can get a crown with a nice diamond in it, or who has a nice bank account.

I'm sure there is guys who need a nice Porsche jacket, baseball cap and a flashy keychain to get laid at a bar, but luckily enough I'm too young, smart and too good looking to get down to that level

It's not like a women will inquire about my exhaust...or a tailpipe...

Honestly, if a honda built their cars from the same quality materials that Porsche does and it had the same lines, built quality and herritage I wouldn't mind driving one.

I guess there is the true performance enthusiast guys and the "I own a Porsche" and drive it to church and back on sunday because I accomplished something in life and everyone is there ot see it enthusiast guys.

Ps. I'd reather say I have a custom exhaust than an off the shelf #1 like at McDonalds.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:40 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Its your car, as long as you know what to spend money on and what not to knock yourself out

I am used to somewhat ridiculous prices for modifications on a car that shares an engine with another car. Strangely enough the same mods with the same engine is 3 times more in my car. I cringe when I hear $14,000 for exhaust, I almost want to get into the exhaust business. LOL

Old 03-10-2009, 10:53 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by adam699
Hot-roding is not about bragging who has the biggest paycheck and who can get a crown with a nice diamond in it, or who has a nice bank account.

I'm sure there is guys who need a nice Porsche jacket, baseball cap and a flashy keychain to get laid at a bar, but luckily enough I'm too young, smart and too good looking to get down to that level

It's not like a women will inquire about my exhaust...or a tailpipe...

Honestly, if a honda built their cars from the same quality materials that Porsche does and it had the same lines, built quality and herritage I wouldn't mind driving one.

I guess there is the true performance enthusiast guys and the "I own a Porsche" and drive it to church and back on sunday because I accomplished something in life and everyone is there ot see it enthusiast guys.

Ps. I'd reather say I have a custom exhaust than an off the shelf #1 like at McDonalds.
Who's talking about chicks and gettin laid?
The man asked for ppl's opinions so I gave him mine.
To me, I went with a Europipe exhaust because of the research and engineering that went into it. I appreciate the quality of the craftsmanship and the sound it produces. I could have easily went and got some piping for a muffler shop to bend for me. But I could lose power or have a ****ty sounding exhaust in the end.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Soul is infamous around these parts
What's wrong with Hondas? I have a Porsche for enjoyment and track, and a Honda for daily. They receive equal love

Old 03-10-2009, 11:56 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
If I end up getting a 996 Turbo like I am considering, I may just do straight pipes and forget about the power loss! I need noise

Old 03-10-2009, 11:59 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SXN
Who's talking about chicks and gettin laid?
The man asked for ppl's opinions so I gave him mine.
To me, I went with a Europipe exhaust because of the research and engineering that went into it. I appreciate the quality of the craftsmanship and the sound it produces. I could have easily went and got some piping for a muffler shop to bend for me. But I could lose power or have a ****ty sounding exhaust in the end.
I apologize if I offended you, however you implied that "Fabspeed" will not sound as trendy as a custom exhaust in many peoples ears and some will fail to see the value ...and I agree. However, believe it or not, fabricating an exhaust pipe, and a straightpipe especially is not anywhere as complicated as sending a man to the moon and back. Heck even coming up as to where to put an x pipe/ derermining how far an exhaust pulse will travel is as easy as using a wax crayon and seeing how far will it melt.

Not everyone is mechanically inclined as some of us, and generally that's what you pay for whan you buy the "out of the box" solutions, but to bash something just because it is not a name brand, in my book is plain ignorant.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Soul
What's wrong with Hondas? I have a Porsche for enjoyment and track, and a Honda for daily. They receive equal love

I had a Honda once....actually twice...

Once i traded a CRX for an Iroc-z Camaro and the 2nd time around I got one for my ex Fiance of 4 years to drive around so she can finally get a job, but after she went on vacation to california to visit her friend, she ganked it, ran away over there and moved in with some ****** atty in beverly hills after knowing him for 4 days... I was stoopid enough to put her on tite a month earlier...cost me $22,000.00

So, in a way I'm biased against Hondas and Kalifornia

Old 03-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by adam699
I apologize if I offended you, however you implied that "Fabspeed" will not sound as trendy as a custom exhaust in many peoples ears and some will fail to see the value ...and I agree. However, believe it or not, fabricating an exhaust pipe, and a straightpipe especially is not anywhere as complicated as sending a man to the moon and back. Heck even coming up as to where to put an x pipe/ derermining how far an exhaust pulse will travel is as easy as using a wax crayon and seeing how far will it melt.

Not everyone is mechanically inclined as some of us, and generally that's what you pay for whan you buy the "out of the box" solutions, but to bash something just because it is not a name brand, in my book is plain ignorant.
Now that is the truest post I have ever read, exhaust isn't exactly space shuttles....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OK so I am cheap! Or am I? (Exhaust)