996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

AAARRRGGGHHHH...Stupid freakin' deer!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 03:53 PM
BlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to behold
AAARRRGGGHHHH...Stupid freakin' deer!

Im so pissed. I cant belive my one month old 996TT is already in a body shop.
Took out a deer going 40 mph on a road 2 miles from my house at dawn.
Hit my right front fender/bumper, flipped up and slammed the windscreen right in front of my head, the fell over the left side of the car. I think it broke its legs. I had no chance to avoid it at all.

Damage to fender, bumper, front spoiler, and windsceen, clearbra ruined.
Estimate at $3300.

I'll say one thing, this car is damn solid. I hardly felt the impact at all. I guess Im lucky the bastard didnt end up in my lap.

Car seemed to drive fine afterwards; brakes, suspension and alignment seemed unchanged.

Are there any other issues i should worry about (internals, etc)? I dont really know much about the car, just got it.

Avi

Old 03-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Damn! Glad you are ok. I might have the alignment checked, but I can't think of anything else. If you lived in the city you wouldn't have to worry about deer. Getting mugged, car jacked or having your car vandalized maybe, but not hitting a deer.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:44 PM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
That really sucks I know you just got the car. The weather has been nice the last couple of days to the point I was tempted to go for a ride myself. The main thing is like you say you didn't end up with it on your lap.

Who is going to repair it for you?

Old 03-13-2009, 04:47 PM
tscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to behold
Mine's in the body shop right now getting fixed from my deer hit. Front bumper, fender, hood and a little more. About $7K.

They are tough. I hit the deer doing close to 55.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:49 PM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
Wow, always hate to hear about damage. At least it doesn't seem too bad since 3K on one of these cars is a tail light. Lucky that here in Vegas we don't have to worry about hitting any deer, just a drunk gambler once in a while!

Old 03-13-2009, 04:56 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Cars can be fixed. Just be glad he didn't join you in the front seat!!!
Glad you're OK!

Old 03-13-2009, 05:02 PM
BlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to behold
Truth is, I live in suburban cleveland, not in the sticks. All the new shopping centers went up and dispaced all the furry vermin.

Took the car to a place called VIP Autobody in warrensville heights,recommended by my guy at Marshall Goldman. I hope hes good.
I felt better when I pulled in to the shop and saw a Black Merc AMG 63 with black/chrome rims sitting there. Im still seething about this. No clean CarFax anymore.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:03 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
UPGRADE TIME! Get yourself the GT2 or TechArt front bumper.

Sorry to hear of your accident - but look for the silver lining and upgrade.

Hope you get your car back soon.

Rich

Old 03-13-2009, 05:07 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
sorry about your accident and your car....but sorry for the poor little deer too. poor little guy.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:17 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
FYI $3300 seems like a very low estimate considering that a used fender goes for about $900. Make sure the insurance company replaces whats damaged.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:40 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RiA
UPGRADE TIME! Get yourself the GT2 or TechArt front bumper.

Sorry to hear of your accident - but look for the silver lining and upgrade.

Hope you get your car back soon.

Rich
My feelings exactly. time to do a full conversion to GT2 front bumper and ducting. it can be done for that amount if you do it right.
end result, better looking, better functioning car.

also take off the front bumper and shock supports

BTW did you shoot the deer?

Last edited by tom kerr; 03-13-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adam699
FYI $3300 seems like a very low estimate considering that a used fender goes for about $900. Make sure the insurance company replaces whats damaged.
That does seem pretty low. Make sure they are replacing the parts with authentic, new OEM parts. If you want to convert your car to GT2 or TA, let me know

Edwin

Old 03-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
+100 on the low estimate comments. I got rear ended two months ago, with no engine damage, and damage to the bumper, quarter panel, taillight, spoiler, intercooler, and front bumper, and the damage came to 25k and change. Make sure they are fixing/replacing everything. Also, make sure they blend the paint or you will notice the shade variations. Good luck. I'm still waiting on my car to be finished...I feel your pain!

Old 03-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Clifforza is infamous around these parts
Venison BBQ at "Blue's" place! Glad you're OK. That could have been a real mess. The deer probably didn't have any insurance either, right?
Hope she's out of the shop soon.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:35 PM
dublinoh is infamous around these partsdublinoh is infamous around these parts
"furry vermin." Yes, glad your okay.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AAARRRGGGHHHH...Stupid freakin' deer!