996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Finally, 996TT Grill Screens ***Pics***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 10:37 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Finally, 996TT Grill Screens ***Pics***

Can someone tell me how to cut and paste a word doc w/ pics?

Old 03-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
you can't cut and paste with the pics only the text will show up...can you convert it to pdf as that will include the pics?...if you can't email it to me and I'll convert it for you...

Old 03-14-2009, 11:08 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
you can't cut and paste with the pics only the text will show up...can you convert it to pdf as that will include the pics?...if you can't email it to me and I'll convert it for you...
Done. You should have it by now. Stand by, guys.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I've got it and converted it and the upload failed because it is too big...I'll break it into two parts...

Old 03-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Administrator
I broke it into 4 parts and it was still too big..so I bounced it up to my server...

Here is DT's DIY and a fine one it is...enjoy...

http://www.vsecobra.com/chucks_photos/GrillscreensC.pdf

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-15-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:39 AM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
very nice bet it will keep those pesky rodents from clogging your air passages leaves too .
best job i've seen...

Old 03-15-2009, 10:01 AM
wowgogs is infamous around these parts
wow I must say that looks GREAT!! good job on those

Old 03-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Banned
jmenge is infamous around these parts
Great job and the best part is that its not really noticeable yet functional!

Old 03-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
I broke it into 4 parts and it was still too big..so I bounced it up to my server...

Here is DT's DYI and a fine one it is...enjoy...

http://www.vsecobra.com/chucks_photos/GrillscreensC.pdf
Thanks, Chuck.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by wowgogs
wow I must say that looks GREAT!! good job on those
Thanks, guys. The powder-coating is really tough and glossy and looks as though it's up to the task of deflecting stuff for a long time. We shall see.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:08 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Want to wrap mine?

Old 03-15-2009, 11:20 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I thought Dan at Vivid was going to make these. Any idea what happened?

BTW, nice job.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:25 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
That looks very good. Nice job.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
That's professional grade work.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by landjet
I thought Dan at Vivid was going to make these. Any idea what happened?

BTW, nice job.
Yea, Dan was the last vendor I talked to about this. Here's my original thread on the subject where he said he would look into it.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...l-screens.html

At this point people all over the world have "thought" about it. But as far asI know, I'm the only one who has taken the time to make the templates and do the job with the quality I'd be happy with.

It's all about how you cut the mesh and and how you fasten it to the stock plastic grill. I have more pics on this subject, but didn't include them in the pdf file above as it was big enough as it was.

Thanks for all the positive comments, guys.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally, 996TT Grill Screens ***Pics***