996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Z06 vs Tx Porsches....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 06:53 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
I'm still on my way home tonight, but wanted to thank my Supra brothers and bikes that ran me Sat night. What a good time. I can't believe we were able to get away with running the same 1 exit I10 loop for 3 straight hours with no issues. The cops we passed on the access road just ignored the Z06's, Supras, bikes going by.....crazy.

Sean, I won't even start into how much of a ***** you are. Just stick to your silly little 60-130 track events and car shows.

Rob, what happened to you? We talked Friday night and I text you and left you a vmail sat...I saw Akram with your car but he wouldn't run me on 19's.

Unfortunately I had a nitrous solenoid take a **** on me at the track, so I was only able to run 1 stage Sat night. I beat Kareem (40 psi kill mode) by a couple cars when I dragged him down to a 40 roll....sorry Kareem had to do it. I heard there are a couple vids of the run. He beat me from a 60 roll by about a car and half. Rob, fyi, he ran you at 30 psi. All my other runs were N/A after I emptied my bottle. I stopped by Quality Motorsports last night and we're mocking up a billet bracket twin 15 lb bottle + nano system next week. I forgot that the Supras like to run 15 times back to back and us poor nitrous cars who need to swap and warm bottles just doesn't lend itself to Houston style racing.

Powell, you're 996 kicks ***. Nice job piecing that together. Too bad we weren't able to get a run on the street together.

Hope to meet some more of you next year.

Jamie

Old 03-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
*****? How is that? I PMed you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
We are meeting up at Frank n Stiens.

If traffic is amenable we will probably do some runs on I 10, if not we will go to the Westpark Tollway.

And you responded:

Yea, I'm sure we'll find each other. See you soon.

Jamie

I went to Frank and Stiens and tried to set something up and no one wanted to do anything. I left at 10:45 and then as I am pulling into my driveway I get a call from Peter. You were right next to him and I would have gladly met you.

The next day I went and competed and won my class. Street racing is fun but competing in an arranged event is a step above that. Dude, seriously, I was just starting to like you but keep running your mouth to me and you will have a very unpleasant time the next time you come to Texas.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 03-23-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:41 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Sean,

I love you brother but you of all people know that the early bird gets no worm
in H-town...

MK

Old 03-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Jamie it was good meeting you too man. I would have gladly lined up with the Vette Saturday night, but since I put so many miles on it (well it isn't so much the miles, but the money in race gas that I've spent LOL) I decided the parents SUV was the way to roll that night. It was almost a bad choice because it almost put me to sleep driving home LOL! Though I think even on one kit you had me covered though

Last edited by Powell; 03-23-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:44 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I think they all turn down their boost when they race me?? I heard that several times on friday night? Oh well, I was out there with 10 different Supras and not one of them beat little bluey. Don't know what else I can do?
Robert

Old 03-23-2009, 08:52 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Congratulations for winning the street class against what? A stock gtr, a n/a vette and a poorly running GT?

We called you at 11pm when we were finishing dinner and you told Peter you were in bed for the night. No one is going to run on the street until the crowd clears out. So try washing the sand out of your ***** instead of threatening me to a gay wrestling match....

Old 03-23-2009, 08:54 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
Rob did you lose to anyone? Cause I've heard conflicting stories from several people.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:56 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
Seriously what was up with that F-GT's time? That's about what my Cobra can do on a COLD night with minor bolt-ons.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
You boys take this sh*t WAY to seriously

Christian

Old 03-23-2009, 09:05 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Christian,

their street scene is on a different level than most.
Ex; one of the organizers (Peter Blach) good friend by the name of
Bob Helms competed last year to a very high success in his Supra drag car.
This year he brought is Supra street car that was over 1K at the wheels.
Last year he putted over to Frank and Steins in his Viper twin Turbo..
I thought WTF??? He had a cast on all weekend and drove only his auto supra
(Vipes do not come with autos obviously)
Bob has a Viper Coupe with twin big Garrat Turbos and a drag built 2 speed AUTOMATIC !! Yes, these guys do take their power seriously.
Good guy as well (Bob).

Most all of it is in good fun from my perspective.

MK

Old 03-23-2009, 09:27 PM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Street racing is very serious business!

Old 03-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Jamie,

I have been in this town long enough to know where to find an empty 5 lane stretch of highway before 11 at night. It sure as hell isn't on I 10 (although I have experience there) and it is a lot better. If you had not dick tucked my original e-mail we could have run in the day-time. I know a perfect place that is almost car-less on Sat and Sunday afternoons.

Living in Houston I get to race pretty much anytime I want so you can be sure I am going to avoid the 2-4 AM 40 car packs of ****tards.

And what makes you think I only grapple? My stand up is damn good as I would be happy to show you.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:41 PM
wowgogs is infamous around these parts
haha this is great

Do you guys ever race for CASH or pinks at these events??

Old 03-23-2009, 09:55 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
We race for Dick-Tucks.

BTW, if you ever Dick Tuck turn around and that's the Dirty Squirrel.

Wow, great new word. Thanks, buddy.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:24 PM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice
Sean, we didn't even leave the track till 9:30-10, not to mention Jaime had to load up his car, then we went to eat some dinner after that. We didn't get done with dinner till close to midnight and it was still packed. We actually rolled out in a nice smallish group of about 15 or so. Got probably 20 races or so in with various cars that night.

Tim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Z06 vs Tx Porsches....