996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Question for those who installed their PSS10

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 11:45 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
Question for those who installed their PSS10

I have bought a used set on this site, i missed the wrench which ended up costing me 100$ and now i beleive i am missing an important bolt or some kind of part. I should have gone new...

Now my question, for the rear struts, there is a little nut with a blue ring and some sort of a pin that goes upward. This seems from what i can see, to limit the adjustment to the 10 click the strut should have. My problem is that i have no way to lock that nut in place, if the two pins just touch each other, the nut will turn wherever the **** make it go. (kinda hard to explain)

So i suppose i am missing a nut to lock them together so that they don't move on the threaded shaft, am i correct? I can't seem to find any picture on the web of the top of a PSS10 for the 996 turbo that would show me how it is suppose to be made.

Since i can't seem to find a nut with that fine of a thread, i used a sleeve to at least keep it from going up and down. I will thighten it with the lower nut that holds the spring in place so that it won't move.

Man i don't know how to explain this, if someone has a pic of his **** installed in the rear, that would be nice.

What i want to know is am i missing a nut or a sleeve or am i too dumb to understand how this should be installed?

in the meantine, here is mine, as you can see the sleeve i was talking about is there, it was custom made, didn't come with the kit, but i am pretty sure i should have an other nut to replace this. I just can't seem to find any drawing or instructions from bilstein.

thanks

Old 03-17-2009, 11:55 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
The blue nut with the numbers on it has a hole and inside that hole,a small allen bolt is there in order to keep it tightened up to the shock absorber...So you are probably missing that...

Old 03-17-2009, 12:09 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
no i have that, i am able to thighten the **** to the top of the shaft, it is an allen key like you said, but the part that goes under it, the one that threads over the shaft, there as so be something to hold it in place... It is the nut that is between the blue cap with the number and the sleeve.

thanks

Old 03-17-2009, 12:12 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Try contacting Bilstein. 1-858-386-5900

They can send you a diagram of the pss10 system, and you can see if you are missing anything. I have the pdf for pss9, i am not sure if its the same.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:24 PM
i have seen pictures of the pss9 and it doesn't seem to be made the same way.

thanks.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:41 PM
hmm, i think i might have found the instructions for the installation, from the picture, it looks like there actually is a sleeve, which i didn't have, seems like i did the right thing by making one...

can anyone confirm?

http://media.teilesuche24.de/parts/b...M4-Y595A00.PDF

picture is at page 20.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Cj_boxster is infamous around these parts
That nut in question looks like the tiny tiny allen nut that screws into the side of the blue collar (the numbered blue peice) and that suspends the numbered peice in place. if thats whats missing you can always take that numbered peice with you to your local hardware shops and search for a screw that threads into it and doesnt stick out too far.

I have a set of PSS10 sitting next to me but unfortunatly its made to work with the factory PASM system so there arent any adjustments other than height so i couldnt snap a photo to show you.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:44 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
If you don't mind me asking. How much were the used ones?

Old 03-18-2009, 05:23 PM
too much considering what i am going through (cause i am also missing the spanner wrenches), i paid 2000

Old 03-31-2009, 11:12 PM
Broker404 is infamous around these partsBroker404 is infamous around these parts
who sold you these? so we can know to not buy from them.