996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Time to add some power......Beta Test New EPL Turbo Solution

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 11:47 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cossey
I only said that because you seem to act like quite a d-bag, similar to what I've seen on H-T. I could care less about a post count, or if your car is faster. In the end, your posts just show a ton of immaturity. I respect what any of these guys have been able to do with the 996's and it's quite remarkable to say the least. You bash Tony because he recommends going to a bigger injector for safety issues. No one wants to buy a new motor due to an injector being put at it's limits.
i did come off like a d1ck on that post as i was hasty.. and i i have ***** to appologise on that, my point i was trying to make is that you make the 60s hit quite high .ive seen some people say that even at 600 whp u need swap injectors.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Cossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by unvmym3
i did come off like a d1ck on that post as i was hasty.. and i i have ***** to appologise on that, my point i was trying to make is that you make the 60s hit quite high .ive seen some people say that even at 600 whp u need swap injectors.
Apology accepted.. Tempers always flare on the internet for some reason lol.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:24 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
my bad , didnt mean to lash out on you .

Old 04-03-2009, 12:52 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Let's face it. Most of us are the type A variety, it happens. We all want to think we've got the best whatever since type A people are fairly competitive. I know that there's more than one way to skin a cat so to speak. Also, I know I've used Todd and am very happy as are many people. EPL is relatively new to the scene. However I know there are people that are pleased with them too. Progress is paved with trying things differently.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Banned
j.mitchell70 is infamous around these parts
Interesting discussion. I hate to see any car tuned with injector duty cycles in the 90%+ area.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Group hug?

Old 04-03-2009, 01:03 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
EPL is relatively new to the scene.
Clarification.... EPL is relatively new to the PORSCHE scene..... not new to tuning these DMEs in general.

FWIW, I think both Todd and Tony are excellent at what they do and we need more top notch guys to make our decision making even harder!

Old 04-03-2009, 02:13 PM
thankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Group hug?
My arms are open...

Old 04-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Good lord what a bunch of weepy, drippy Manginas

Now, back to the testosterone oriented (IE good) stuff. I emailed Todd about this and he reminded me that Mark and Scotts (former) car both made close to 900 rwhp on 60 lb injectors. However he did imply that the safety factor might be worth looking into.

For a 700 rwhp GT 3076 car w/ rails and duel pumps, what percentage of injector duty am I at w/ the 60 pounders at 1.5 bars?

Old 04-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu

Now, back to the testosterone oriented (IE good) stuff. I emailed Todd about this and he reminded me that Mark and Scotts (former) car both made close to 900 rwhp on 60 lb injectors. However he did imply that the safety factor might be worth looking into.

For a 700 rwhp GT 3076 car w/ rails and duel pumps, what percentage of injector duty am I at w/ the 60 pounders at 1.5 bars?
Chris car was at 7X% at 1 bar so I can say you and him will be close to high 90% if not 100% if using stock fuel pressure regulator on high boost.
Matt

Old 04-03-2009, 02:38 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Tony, would I need to step up to larger injectors past 60lb.s if using methanol?

Old 04-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !

Duty cycle is very easy to calculate. Logs injector pulse width and rpm.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:05 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
That is not a bad idea, Tony....which should I run?
You epitomize the herd mentality. You don't even have a boost nor a/f gauge in your car, run 4 different fuels without regard to the fuel your car was tuned for, yet you're talking about retuning your car for bigger injectors based on someone else's safety margin theory. I find this quite entertaining.....

Old 04-03-2009, 11:06 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by flash68
Clarification.... EPL is relatively new to the PORSCHE scene..... not new to tuning these DMEs in general.

FWIW, I think both Todd and Tony are excellent at what they do and we need more top notch guys to make our decision making even harder!

If I had a 996/997TT, I would not hesitate to take it to EPL.

I've seen what his tunes do to a 996TT, makes us TT V8 guys kind of envious!!

Old 04-04-2009, 06:20 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Jamie,

I know you are obsessed w/ me but strangely are misinformed. I am probably going to run the Brockway. However the decision over my injectors will be more influenced by Todd than the rest of this board. Todd and I have been e-mailing over the matter.

I do sometimes mix Sunoco 114 leaded w/ pump and run my car at 1.2-1.3 bars. The only prob w/ the Sunoco (vs C 16) is the specific gravity, but if mixed w/ a mojority of pump and reasonable boost levels, the car runs great. That combo is also cleared by my cars tuner.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Time to add some power......Beta Test New EPL Turbo Solution