996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Time to add some power......Beta Test New EPL Turbo Solution

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 07:29 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TiALSport
GT3071's can do ~475 hp each
the GT3076's can do over 500 each

Do you have compressor maps for these? How much "spool" difference is there betweeen the 2? I would imagine either of these will maximize the "stock" engines capability?

Old 03-26-2009, 07:54 AM
nanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of light
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob..._700382_20.htm

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob..._700382_12.htm

These turbine housings are supposed to flow much better than the k24, so they sheet blow the k24/18g set ups away

Old 03-26-2009, 08:19 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
wow, those turbo fit the stock manifolds?! That sounds fantastic. How are these "supposed" to compare to a k24/18g setup?

was the time in your sig of 11.8 done wiht the gt30s or a previous setup?
My 11.8 @ 118 was with my stock K16's.

Only pass I had with my 3071's was in like 60* weather and on like 17-18psi I ran a 11.5 @ 130mph.

Tialsport, tell Jake that I need to upgrade my exhaust side to this new exhaust side I want more power!!!

Old 03-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Conversation in the Seal Grey Matte house last night:
Me: Honey, I think I might need to spend a few thousand more on the car.
Her: Why? You car feels like a 747 on take off. It already makes me want to barf everytime you step on the gas.
Me: Well, yeah, but ten guys on the internet are faster than me.
Her: Oh... OK.... this is going to cost you some serious shoe money, you realize that right?

Old 03-26-2009, 08:24 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Her: Why? You car feels like a 747 on take off. It already makes me want to barf everytime you step on the gas.
Her: Oh... OK.... this is going to cost you some serious shoe money, you realize that right?

and your reply..."What kind of shoes honey?"

Old 03-26-2009, 08:34 AM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
You just made my morning!!

+Rep for you!

Old 03-26-2009, 08:58 AM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Powell
My 11.8 @ 118 was with my stock K16's.

Only pass I had with my 3071's was in like 60* weather and on like 17-18psi I ran a 11.5 @ 130mph.

Tialsport, tell Jake that I need to upgrade my exhaust side to this new exhaust side I want more power!!!
you just told Jake

Old 03-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
you just told Jake
Shot ya over a PM

Old 03-26-2009, 11:13 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
GT3071's can do ~475 hp each
the GT3076's can do over 500 each
AMAZING! i had no idea they made that much AND COULD FIT THE STOCK HEADERS!

Old 03-27-2009, 02:30 AM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
those turbos belong in your living room LOL now go built urself a glass case n store them. congrats they look beautifullllllll

Old 03-27-2009, 04:06 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
What is the highest trap that these turbos are known for?

Old 03-28-2009, 08:42 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
ok.. next question... since these are a bolt on to the factory headers, what should I expect to pay and who is the best source for these? what would be the advantages/disadvantages of the 3071 vs. 3076? Thanks

Old 03-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Progress report?

Old 04-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Interested and subscribed!

Old 04-01-2009, 02:37 PM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
ok.. next question... since these are a bolt on to the factory headers, what should I expect to pay and who is the best source for these? what would be the advantages/disadvantages of the 3071 vs. 3076? Thanks
the advantage of the 3071 is the quicker spool (not by leaps and bounds though) a disadvantage is it doesn't make the power a 3076 can

the 3076 advantages and disadvantages are the opposite of the 3071's

they are both much more efficient than the factory aero

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Time to add some power......Beta Test New EPL Turbo Solution