996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How many people here are using Meth injection?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:17 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
How many people here are using Meth injection?

Was thinking of doing this on my TT but wanted to get some user impresions first...

1. How do you like it?
2. Any issues? (I've "heard" it can have the tendancy to fowl plugs more)
3. What power gains have you seen? Dyno, seat of pants, 60-130....
4. What/who is your tuner and do they support WI?

etc... any other details would be much appreciated...

and yes for the record I did STFA and read as much as I could....

Old 03-20-2009, 12:24 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Old 03-20-2009, 01:58 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
No down side other than the cost of the QUALITY kit, install, and making sure you keep the bottle full. I plan to do it within the next few months. It adds octane AND cools the charge allowing for more boost AND timing. It seems to be good for 20-40whp on average.

Try this:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-complete.html

Old 03-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Ultimate CC is infamous around these parts
I have been running meth injection for several years now and if done properly there is no downsides to it...besides the addition...

Old 03-29-2009, 10:55 AM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
I love it on my Cobra..

I have it set to come on at 11psi so there is no wasted meth in just cruising around. Two gallons of 50/50 (water/meth) mix lasts me about two months of daily driving. Also, the car has seen no detonation or lean spots since.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Ultimate CC is infamous around these parts
what blower setup are you running?

Old 03-29-2009, 04:09 PM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
hey Alan,
You've probably read my posts/results....but here you go:

1. love it, no complaints
2. no issues
3. ~25+hp / 30+ ft/tq....as much as 40+ horsepower gains in some areas of the powerband (on my k16's)
4. EPL

Old 03-29-2009, 04:36 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
what blower setup are you running?
Stock Eaton @ 21psi.. (gets really hot even in winter)

Though I'll continue to use the kit once I complete my current build. (2.6 Kenne Bell with 302ci stroked 4v.) It's just too hot here in TX to ignore the IAT drops / HP gains of the meth. The octane increase is also a plus.

Last edited by _Zac; 03-29-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:01 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
I have ran meth on three of my cars, love it!!!! I think that now that more tuners are starting to actually tune themselves we will start seeing more of these kits come to play.

-You can use 50/50 meth/water or all meth
-programed with boost or Maf
-reduces intake temps
-reduces detonation

The best part is you dont need larger intercoolers......

Tom

Old 03-29-2009, 06:21 PM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
Hey, what's cookin' How's your car doing.. You missed it, these guys went to the track last weekend. Have photos on my site, check them out.

Auqamist is probably the best kit on the market.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-complete.html

Jose has it on his Eclipse race car.

The other kit I heard of that is good is:
http://www.snowperformance.net/produ...t=284&offset=0

Originally Posted by str8blst
Was thinking of doing this on my TT but wanted to get some user impresions first...

1. How do you like it?
2. Any issues? (I've "heard" it can have the tendancy to fowl plugs more)
3. What power gains have you seen? Dyno, seat of pants, 60-130....
4. What/who is your tuner and do they support WI?

etc... any other details would be much appreciated...

and yes for the record I did STFA and read as much as I could....

Old 03-29-2009, 09:11 PM
One thing I recommend though, on my kit we added a solenoid just before the nozzle to stop excess meth from puddling in the intake. It's not necessary, but we wired it so the solenoid opens/closes as the pump turns on/off. This kept the pressure in the lines from start to finish with no over spray.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:12 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Great thread and positive results. I read the initial thread from EPL and could not agree more with the facts. I have a close friend of mine with a 993TT 1000rwhp that has it and loves it. I drove the car and it actually sprays while on boost only, improves octane rating, and reduces intake temps. Some may have different opinions on this subject but I think the addition of Meth. is superb.