996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Project called B9R Under Construction...at BBi

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Former Vendor
Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BigBadBen
Nice pics Thomas. I was thinking about doing cams once EVO opens up my motor?
It seems we are both on a never ending road of constant upgrades my friend. Let me know how it goes, and what you decide.

Originally Posted by bimmer81
Hey Art your build is going great! Getting closer brotha. Thomas great pics!
Thanks Tito. Any progress on your project?

Old 06-16-2009, 09:45 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
[quote=Thomas@bbiautosport;2427867]It seems we are both on a never ending road of constant upgrades my friend. Let me know how it goes, and what you decide.

Yeah it sure is bro. John opened the motor and found it was just a blown head gasket as we had suspected all along. The 12 mm work starts this week and it should be put back together in two weeks. I am doing cams as well. I am going to PM you about the cams. I am enjoying the progress of your BBi builds

Old 06-16-2009, 09:50 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Where was the exact location Ben on the gasket? Hope everything turns out good for you bro. With your engine work, studs, and cams your car should be another monster. The only thing is "Can you Handle it?"

[quote=BigBadBen;2427902]
Originally Posted by Thomas@bbiautosport
It seems we are both on a never ending road of constant upgrades my friend. Let me know how it goes, and what you decide.

Yeah it sure is bro. John opened the motor and found it was just a blown head gasket as we had suspected all along. The 12 mm work starts this week and it should be put back together in two weeks. I am doing cams as well. I am going to PM you about the cams. I am enjoying the progress of your BBi builds

Old 06-16-2009, 10:10 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
[quote=art4iza;2427910]Where was the exact location Ben on the gasket? Hope everything turns out good for you bro. With your engine work, studs, and cams your car should be another monster. The only thing is "Can you Handle it?"

Hey Art,

I did not ask John that question but I will. It was nothing serious, it was as we expected. The question you pose is a very good one. I am not sure how to answer that, if you are referring to the power capability then Yes! and some........

If you are referring to another breakdown then NO! The US early warning missile system will become active from Canada. You are not that near to Tempe so you would be OK, the fallout would go East!

Old 06-17-2009, 08:42 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
No launches buddy!! We are already having difficulty with N. Korea here. My guess is #6 but I maybe wrong. I think you will be very happy with the current work being done. Keep us posted.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:43 AM
We gotta drive to Vienna for that one

[quote=Prche951;2427862]Art, can't wait to hear this motor. You and Kpg could do a concierto with those incredible engines.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by art4iza
No launches buddy!! We are already having difficulty with N. Korea here. My guess is #6 but I maybe wrong. I think you will be very happy with the current work being done. Keep us posted.
Yes, It was 6 Art, the cylinder closest to the exhaust tip on the passenger side.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:14 PM
BINGO!!! Your monster will come home before you know it brother. I need to open the third jar of vaseline b/c I am running dry I just heard that the fuel set up is gonig to cost another $$$$ I should have bought myself a rt12 and stopped all of it right there

Yes, It was 6 Art, the cylinder closest to the exhaust tip on the passenger side.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Question for you Art and Thomas, "Will we be happier after all this" or is it an elusion, if so a *loody expensive one at that

BINGO!!! Your monster will come home before you know it brother. I need to open the third jar of vaseline b/c I am running dry I just heard that the fuel set up is gonig to cost another $$$$ I should have bought myself a rt12 and stopped all of it right there

Old 06-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Not sure what it is as of now, most likely a nightmare of some sort It is a never ending bug

Question for you Art and Thomas, "Will we be happier after all this" or is it an elusion, if so a *loody expensive one at that

Old 06-17-2009, 02:33 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Question for you Art and Thomas, "Will we be happier after all this" or is it an illusion, if so a *loody expensive one at that
I wondered the same thing at times when building my car.....I can tell you one thing though,after those passes at the Texas Mile,every setback was worth it and then some.All the hard work and hard earned money we put into my car paid off for me.We had built something special.Don't worry Ben it will work out and you will have something unique....a fast Porsche.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by joetwint
I wondered the same thing at times when building my car.....I can tell you one thing though,after those passes at the Texas Mile,every setback was worth it and then some.All the hard work and hard earned money we put into my car paid off for me.We had built something special.Don't worry Ben it will work out and you will have something unique....a fast Porsche.
Thank you Joe, I hear EVOMS are massaging your car some more. Spoke to John yesterday and he said mine gets buttoned up after yours.

Cheers,

Ben

Old 06-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Thank you Joe, I hear EVOMS are massaging your car some more. Spoke to John yesterday and he said mine gets buttoned up after yours.

Cheers,

Ben

Me thinks KPG called Joe and talked crapped while drunk. Now Joe has to make sure KPG can't catch up/ Can't we all just get along? next time you guys get together just do paper scissors, rock and whoever wins can claim to be fastest. of course now Art is coming to play...lol.... I am totally staying out of this.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Joe is getting more work done Damn Joe, you gotta give us some slack here dude. I don't think we are here to come up to your power level. You will be on your own on that one. As long as the car is running efficient with good AFR, I will be a happy camper.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:27 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Joe is getting more work done Damn Joe, you gotta give us some slack here dude.
Yeah LOL,we are making a few changes to the setup because we felt there was a lot more in it and also to take better advantage of some things that were already incorporated .I don't want to clog up your thread talking about my car though .Mine will be on the dyno next week and I will update my thread then .Thanks Art

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New Project called B9R Under Construction...at BBi