996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Project called B9R Under Construction...at BBi

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:31 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech

Boy, a lot of these high HP monster builds sell shortly after they are completed...
Just those that didnt meet expectations I would guess. I will never part with my car , hopefully just add another eventually...

Old 11-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Kevin,

That's great to hear - after all you have been through, I hope your car is everything you had hoped for - it sure seems like it is. I understand your attachment and feel the same way. These 996TT's are great cars.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 11-05-2009, 10:54 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Well I think you will all be happy for now. The deal did not come through for me so for now this car is a keeper Take a deep breath boys and have a beer. There will be a surprise in am when you wake up

Old 11-05-2009, 10:56 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
I sure hope this one statement was not against me b/c I met my expectations and then some.

Originally Posted by KPG
Just those that didnt meet expectations I would guess. I will never part with my car , hopefully just add another eventually...

Old 11-06-2009, 04:45 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
So when is the next Texas Mile being held?

Killer Angel gonna be there...

Old 11-06-2009, 06:13 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
I sure hope this one statement was not against me b/c I met my expectations and then some.
It was directed squarely at you. I just cannot understand how anyone who put so much heart,soul and a good portion of their bank account into a build like this can put the car up for sale after the first time it was run in anger. I wanted to sell my car many,many times thru the difficulties of the build but now that it is done I would never part with it so I have a hard time coming to grips with a "record" sale so quickly after TX. I look back on this thread...1000 posts, untold views, a blow by blow build up, moving heaven and earth to get the car to TX then... a for sale sign? I would guess you are not happy or scared ****less of the car. Just my opinion though

Old 11-06-2009, 07:16 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
These builds no matter how big or small have their teething problems. I've probably spent 40% of the money you guys have and still hit hiccups here and there. It's disheartening but its part of the deal. Sometimes the little quirks are out of our control. When everything runs well though its an unmatched feeling. From what I can gather Art had a very fast GT700 car before he embarked on his build. That was a car that was very quick and had 100% driveability. I find it hard to believe that some of the 1000+ cars still have that same driveability. That would be my problem. I don't ever want a full on race car. I drove my car yesterday and sat in some horrendous Houston traffic ....... don't get me wrong I was miserable. But driving the car in those conditions wasn't hard at all.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:28 AM
You need to calm down Cow Boy. Keeping the car and will look for the project build as well. Boy I hope you were not fighting with the wife when you were writing on this thread

Originally Posted by KPG
It was directed squarely at you. I just cannot understand how anyone who put so much heart,soul and a good portion of their bank account into a build like this can put the car up for sale after the first time it was run in anger.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Ben, if I tell you that it's very street drivable you will think I am joking. Just put on one bar, put the starbucks in cup holder and AC on and "Life is Good"

Originally Posted by bmoores
I find it hard to believe that some of the 1000+ cars still have that same driveability.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:58 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by art4iza
You need to calm down Cow Boy. Keeping the car and will look for the project build as well. Boy I hope you were not fighting with the wife when you were writing on this thread
Art, I am not a cowboy...I dont like horses. I cannot calm down since I am not worked up. I dont argue with my wife since I have been married so long I know better.
I made an obsevation based on your thread, some brief conversations with you at the mile and my own experiences with these builds. Based on what I knew at the time I couldnt understand why you would attempt to sell something you have invested so much financially and mentally. Again, just an opinion. I think the vast majority of the members here were in shock that you wanted to sell your car so soon after completion...thats just a fact.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Art, you are the nicest guy around and Kevin...well you are like me (and even I admit I am often an *******).

That said, I have to side w/ Kevin here; it just makes my head want to explode every time I see a car up for sale right after a tortuous marathon build up.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:15 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Kevin...well you are like me (and even I admit I am often an *******).
Doc, does that mean I get to pick a word with seven letters to describe us? I am going with " endowed ".... the rest are just jealous

Old 11-06-2009, 09:22 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Art, you are the nicest guy around and Kevin...well you are like me (and even I admit I am often an *******).

That said, I have to side w/ Kevin here; it just makes my head want to explode every time I see a car up for sale right after a tortuous marathon build up.
The world is coming to an end - Jitsu agrees with KPG.

Originally Posted by KPG
Doc, does that mean I get to pick a word with seven letters to describe us? I am going with " endowed ".... the rest are just jealous

Old 11-06-2009, 09:24 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
The world is coming to an end - Jitsu agrees with KPG.
I think the end of the world will be when Jitsu agrees with Paulie or vice versa...

Old 11-06-2009, 09:36 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
I think the end of the world will be when Jitsu agrees with Paulie or vice versa...
That's a lovers quarrel. Never going to happen.

Art -

Regardless of what anyone else says - in the end it is your car and your decision.

I do get were KPG is coming from and respect his opinion but in the end it is just an opinion.

You have the 2nd fastest (someone correct me if that is wrong) Porsche at the mile. So the 2nd fastest in the country. I'm sure many people can not understand why you would want to get rid of the car if it is as streetable as you say at 1 bar.

*Disclaimer - All comments above are the opinion of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of 6speed or any of its members.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New Project called B9R Under Construction...at BBi