996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My First Mod: RPI GT exhaust, Agency DVs & BMC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 05:34 PM
JackBurton is infamous around these parts
I have the exhaust but never had the cel from the cats. A few of the other guys I hang out with have the rpi exhaust also and didnt get the lights. I dynoed my car before/after with the exhaust and it was a 21whp gain. It does drone though so it may not be for everyone. My wife said its "its not that bad or else I would make you take it off" so Im happy.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:26 PM
derm is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 996ttDMB
I took off my Europipe loud as it was to quiet for my taste. I replaced it with the rpi exhaust and agree with you in the fact it has a deep and nasty tone, but it is not an exhaust I would drive daily because of the 2k drone. The europipe is perfect for everyday but if yours is a weekend car I would most definetly get the RPI as it is a beautiful piece and is intoxicating.

You mean the RPI is even louder than the Europipe loud, then Europipe should make a Europipe superloud to take care of those like u & me , who like deep solid loud exhaust.

Actually, the reason why I choose RPI, is because the three RPI 996turbo Youtube video clips are so intoxicating that I've watched them over and over many many times before I commit. The live sound is exactly what was recorded in the video clip.

Originally Posted by JackBurton
I have the exhaust but never had the cel from the cats. A few of the other guys I hang out with have the rpi exhaust also and didnt get the lights. I dynoed my car before/after with the exhaust and it was a 21whp gain. It does drone though so it may not be for everyone. My wife said its "its not that bad or else I would make you take it off" so Im happy.

May be my O2 sensor is really aged and there throws the CEL.

Yesterday I took my wife and my kids for a ride for the first time, surprisingly, my 8-yr-old daughter said that she preferred my TT to my super quiet MB E-class!!

Old 03-30-2009, 07:24 PM
JackBurton is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by derm
You mean the RPI is even louder than the Europipe loud, then Europipe should make a Europipe superloud to take care of those like u & me , who like deep solid loud exhaust.

Actually, the reason why I choose RPI, is because the three RPI 996turbo Youtube video clips are so intoxicating that I've watched them over and over many many times before I commit. The live sound is exactly what was recorded in the video clip.

May be my O2 sensor is really aged and there throws the CEL.

Yesterday I took my wife and my kids for a ride for the first time, surprisingly, my 8-yr-old daughter said that she preferred my TT to my super quiet MB E-class!!
Haha, you have raised your daughter well. Maybe the next Danica Patrick?

Old 07-18-2009, 10:34 AM
derm is infamous around these parts
.........4 months later (July2009)................with the help of Kevin(UMW) , I finally find out that the reason for the CEL...........the pre and post-cat O2 sensor wires were mis-wired by my mechanic at the time of installation!!!

There is no more CEL now!!!!

To be fair to the RPI manufacturer, I have to clarify the reason for my CEL.