996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Hey National Meet Committee Members

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 06:07 AM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Hey National Meet Committee Members

Is there any new info, about a date, place, etc...

We need to talk about some things.

Old 10-05-2004, 07:23 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Well for starters there are no National meet comittee members

But I am willing to entertain ideas and suggestions Cole

D

Old 10-05-2004, 07:31 AM
GT3Scott is infamous around these partsGT3Scott is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Darren
Hmm I remember a few being set up a while back (including me!).

If you want to consider VIR and a drive through Skyline Drive in VA, you're welcome to come to my place for a catered meal or drinks and a garage tour. ;-)

Old 10-05-2004, 08:11 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by GT3Scott
garage tour. ;-)

Now that would be worth the trip!!!

Old 10-05-2004, 09:33 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Scott's Garage is the national meet - I'll be there tomorrow

Old 10-05-2004, 09:40 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to consider VIR and a drive through Skyline Drive in VA, you're welcome to come to my place for a catered meal or drinks and a garage tour. ;-)
I'm in!!!!

Old 10-05-2004, 09:41 AM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
That might actually be doable for me too. Any nice mountain retreats for me to take the wife to?

Old 10-05-2004, 10:42 AM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by Darren

But I am willing to entertain ideas and suggestions Cole

D
I thought there was, there was a topic in scheduled events thread.

Old 10-05-2004, 10:49 AM
This is the best place around, right near Charlottesville. Beautiful historic place, golf, top-notch restaurant. There are beautiful drives here (I can set up everything) and this is a great place to stay. If there's enough interest, I can look into it -- I am heading here Friday for a dinner anyway so I can talk to them about upcoming availability.

There is also an autocross with the local PCA coming up on October 24th on a airport runway. Would anyone be interested in doing it that weekend? Short notice, I know, but just thought we could take the opportunity of combining it with the autocross.

Keswick Hall at Monticello

Old 10-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Banned for Life
If it has golf, im there!!!!

Old 10-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Cole:

"Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Course

Our golf course offers a layout that combines the shot-making demands of a championship design with an almost surreal beauty.

Arnold Palmer has used the wonderful setting of the estate to fashion a course of exceptional natural beauty, featuring tall ancient oaks, grassy wetlands and spectacular mountain views as well as a variety of lakes and streams. Impeccable maintenance means that these standards continue to be exceeded.

The course was originally designed by Fred Findlay in 1939, and has a slope rating of 130."

Attached Images  
Old 10-05-2004, 12:42 PM
Banned for Life
Wow, simply beautiful. I have met Arnold and he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet in your life. Scott if the national meet isnt in your area, i would love to come up and play some golf with you and check out the garage.

Old 10-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Cole, sure come visit, but I ain't playin' golf. ;-) I'll be happy to go for countryside drives but golf ain't my thang.

If there is sufficient interest I'll check availability at Keswick Hall and at the golf course.

Old 10-05-2004, 05:32 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Cole, sure come visit, but I ain't playin' golf. ;-) I'll be happy to go for countryside drives but golf ain't my thang.

If there is sufficient interest I'll check availability at Keswick Hall and at the golf course.
You could drive the beer cart...

Old 10-05-2004, 06:36 PM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
That October date is too early. I think you would need to allow atleast 3 months for something of this magnitude. I would be willing to be on this committee... trust me the more help the better but make sure someone is in charge that can make decisions promptly and firmly or else this thing will get convoluted, disjointed and will never happen.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hey National Meet Committee Members