996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

221.3 mph First shakedown pass of the day. TX mile EVOMS GTXXXX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Here are a couple of quotes from another thread

Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I am creating this to discuss the incredible accomplishment of EVOMS,
their engine builder, John, Joe G (JoeTwint), and Todd Zuccone.

The power levels of this amazing car is a really significant breakthrough
and what Dr. Jitsu eloquently described as the biggest advancement
is this particular engines apparent (and actual) ability to run HIGHER
Boost pressure. I honestly cannot quite fathom how much power this
engine must make and ALL the things that they accomplished to do so.

I will agree with one thing, and this has nothing to do with what tuner
I have spent my money with: The huge breakthrough with these engines
(the handful that have been built with differnt cams, Mackenzie heads
or ones that have the ability to flow air like Macks) and the best GT35 type water cooled BB turbos, is HIGHER BOOST.

EVOMS figured it out and accomplished it, good for them!
Again being and innovator!

Congrats!

Marty,

This response was from CJV:

This thread topic is a little difficult to respond without coming across a sounding like sour grapes. I am not trying to take away from what EVOMS has accomplished because they have got it out there with Joe's car and actually tested it at the Texas Mile versus an engine dyno.

I take exception to the implication that the above hasn't been around until now. The comments so far have focused on cams, studs and higher boost. I believe a better description than groundbreaking is "building upon." The changing of intake cam profiles for these engines has been going for several years by about a half dozen or more different people.

The twelve mm studs have been used to my knowledge for over one year on the 996tt motors. These 12 mm studs are one reason why Supra motors can boost where they boost to. I believe you will see further improvements by way of cut washers, type of threads employed and depth of stud along with not bottoming them out and their required machining which will further limit head movement and allow for even greater boost.

I don't believe there is any secret to the GT35R turbo's. All you have to do is look at the turbo map. It will tell you the boost and the flow required to max out these puppies. To date I know of no 996tt that has max'ed them out. I believe and I have not looked recently, that the number would be about 2.4 bar and about 600 hp per turbo. It sounds like Joe is very close or maybe there.

On to the GT40R's.

With that being said, I applaud both Joe and EVOMS.

End CJV quote

As I mentioned, the only real tech difference seems to be the ability to run higher boost and put all the pieces together that have been in development for some time now. However an even more inmportant difference is that Evoms has someone willing to test thier project in a verifiable fashion. However I am not going to jump down Robs throat. He spent a FORTUNE on his car and did go through more than his share of heartbreak so what he does w/ it is his bussiness.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 03-29-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:04 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Sean, again, in this particular case, the "running more boost" theory does not apply. They were running 28lbs. Is his car capable of more? Yes, but they decided not to push it. (And as you can see by their results, they did not need to push it to make it the fastest Porsche in the standing mile)

Old 03-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
230 + mph is fast period...
but it takes a little more then 12 mm headstuds to run a mile like that...
You guys are disecting certain details about the car and trying to compare things such as how much boost and what turbos.... custom cams and or cranks... etc....
It really doesnt matter.... no one will be able to objectively make a valid comparison with another high HP car without getting into the unknown...
good work on the build.. congrats to all involved.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-29-2009, 12:49 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
Well said Markski.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:53 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Marski - nice said and Sean - Rob may have put a fortune into his car, but that does not explain why he does not put forth any objective data! He rants about his street racing all the time. Street racing is more dangerous than 1/4 mile, 60-130, and the mile

Old 03-29-2009, 01:22 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
You guys are disecting certain details about the car and trying to compare things such as how much boost and what turbos.... custom cams and or cranks... etc....
It really doesnt matter.... no one will be able to objectively make a valid comparison with another high HP car without getting into the unknown...
markski
+1 run what ya' brung at the next mile guys and then compare. 'Nuff said.

Congrats to EVOMS and Joe on a great accomplishment!

Old 03-29-2009, 01:37 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
+2
It is an accomplishment few will understand unless they try it themselves.
Robert

Old 03-29-2009, 01:43 PM
c m3 fly is infamous around these parts
Amazing, such power combined with streetability.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:25 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Guys, he's had his car back for like what, 2 days? He is the fastest Porsche, bar none - PERIOD. Why not just let him enjoy it, and in due time I'm sure more details will emerge. It's obviously more than head studs, and I'm sure Joe will, as he has in the past, share in order to raise the bar for all of us.

All this bickering and guessing and thinly-veiled jealousy at his incredible accomplishment, will do nothing but hurt the free-flow of information which makes this community so great IMO.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
My jealousy is NOT thinly veiled...it is blatant and obvious!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 05:02 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
LOLOL Sean - that's ****in funny!

Old 03-29-2009, 05:50 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jimmer23
Guys, he's had his car back for like what, 2 days? He is the fastest Porsche, bar none - PERIOD. Why not just let him enjoy it, and in due time I'm sure more details will emerge. It's obviously more than head studs, and I'm sure Joe will, as he has in the past, share in order to raise the bar for all of us.

All this bickering and guessing and thinly-veiled jealousy at his incredible accomplishment, will do nothing but hurt the free-flow of information which makes this community so great IMO.
+1....Keep in mind that there is a thread that Joe started (Evolution of my 996tt). For those who want some insight,

Old 03-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by topgun
+1....Keep in mind that there is a thread that Joe started (Evolution of my 996tt). For those who want some insight,
Yes, I quoted a post from that thread earlier.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:09 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MARKSKI
markski
CONGRATS!!! Let them enjoy.... I have followed the other thread also and they have had some hard hurdles. Good for them the figured the pieces out!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 08:33 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Plain & simple.......Joe's car went out and put up the # - a big #.

No one else has done that.

Congrats to Joe and Evoms.

Thumbs up to Rob for being a gentleman and having the class to stay above the fray.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 221.3 mph First shakedown pass of the day. TX mile EVOMS GTXXXX