996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

221.3 mph First shakedown pass of the day. TX mile EVOMS GTXXXX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by houstonT
Tommy just ran 232 in his Supra.
Peter
Awesome!!

Just a Q: Are SW and Tommy spray nitrous on the cars?

Old 03-28-2009, 07:11 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Tommy is driving (2) different cars at the Texas Mile
Silver Car (big single turbo, multiple year record holder at TX Mile and last year
was beat by SW).

And Red twin turbo nitrous car that did 13XX RWHP on Dyno recently
and then 16XX RWHP on nitrous.

Dont know about SW's run (likely not nitrous though)?

Old 03-28-2009, 07:14 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Thanks Sean. Best run was 192.3. Ya baby.

This is an awesome accomplishment, was the wind and weather favorable
today?

Great run!

MK

Old 03-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Red face

Originally Posted by Prche951
aerodynamics is a monster of a factor at that speed. I don't know how the GTR's Cd compares to the 996, but I have heard that the GTR becomes a dog at speed, so it may be much worse, then again that is what I heard not based on facts. Considering how much heavier the GTR is, the hp would have to be much more than you have IMO.

what are you putting down? 700 brake?
I think my car is about 650 real crank hp:
134 traps
190+ in HORRENDOUS heat at the TX MILE
0-300 kph in 26 seconds
(about the same as an ENZO and a RUF RT12)

some others rate HP differently so this is all IMHO

MK

Old 03-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by houstonT
Marty, the GTR made 700 rwhp UNCORRECTED RWD. It ran the 190 mph in AWD configuration and is probably in the neighborhood of 630 rwhp AWD or so SAE.
Peter
This makes sense to me, it has more power and better aero than my car.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:36 PM
justinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911

246.2?!?!??! WOW what kind of power is that thing putting down? To beat that I think someone's going to have to put a 917 engine into a go-cart. I can't wait to read about all the times people put down tomorrow!
It made 1285 rwhp during TX2k9. This was the exact configuration we ran it in at the mile which resulted in 246mph. Unfortunately, we lost a rod cap at 8000rpm on the next run and were unable to continue. The conditions today were absolutely astonishing; 25 mph tailwind and cold. The car would have easily gone over 250 with the tailwind, and we could even have raised the boost a few psi more to the tire/gear limitting 255ish. Unfortunately we only got the one good run in yesterday.

2 more supras were laying it down today... Amit's widebody(243.7mph) and Tommy's QuickSilver(241mph). Ashik was having some problems with the tps. Incidentally, I tuned all of these cars so no matter who gets the top time, everyone is a winner

It really looks like everyone stepped up their game for this event, and it was great hanging out. I think we are going to retire S.W.s black Supra and put it up for sale after the engine is replaced. We are all pretty worn out from those late nights, early mornings, and general lack of sleep prepping this car for event after event(7.91 in the 1/4 mile and 246 in the mile).

Everyone stay safe out there!

EVOMS is doing a great job at representing the Porsche community. A friendly lot, although I didn't get to talk to them personally. Good Luck Guys.

Justin

Old 03-28-2009, 07:38 PM
justinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to behold
Neither S.W., Tommy, or Amit are using nitrous for the mile.

Justin

Old 03-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by MY996TT
Hey congrats BlackHorseTurbo!

Joe's GTxxxx is amazing, but doing 192.3 on K24/18 and a Tip is quite an accomplishment.
Agreed! Great job!

Justin

Old 03-28-2009, 08:11 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by justinn
It made 1285 rwhp during TX2k9. This was the exact configuration we ran it in at the mile which resulted in 246mph. Unfortunately, we lost a rod cap at 8000rpm on the next run and were unable to continue. The conditions today were absolutely astonishing; 25 mph tailwind and cold. The car would have easily gone over 250 with the tailwind, and we could even have raised the boost a few psi more to the tire/gear limitting 255ish. Unfortunately we only got the one good run in yesterday.

2 more supras were laying it down today... Amit's widebody(243.7mph) and Tommy's QuickSilver(241mph). Ashik was having some problems with the tps. Incidentally, I tuned all of these cars so no matter who gets the top time, everyone is a winner

It really looks like everyone stepped up their game for this event, and it was great hanging out. I think we are going to retire S.W.s black Supra and put it up for sale after the engine is replaced. We are all pretty worn out from those late nights, early mornings, and general lack of sleep prepping this car for event after event(7.91 in the 1/4 mile and 246 in the mile).

EVOMS is doing a great job at representing the Porsche community. A friendly lot, although I didn't get to talk to them personally. Good Luck Guys.

Justin
Justin, sorry to hear about the misfortune of blowing the Rod Cap. Sounds like today with the tailwinds and cool temps had the ability to put the car into the realm of reaching the moon! Congrats to Tommy and Amit's cars though, VERY impressive!!!

Old 03-28-2009, 08:11 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Joe asked me to post this run for him. 0-300 KM in 15.95 seconds. Clearly one of the fastest cars in the world, if not the fastest, to 300K for a street car....
Some other numbers pulled from that run 4.81 60-130 with 2 .8sec shifts. A sub 4sec car most likely on a dedicated 60-130 run.
0-100 was still quicker than many smaller, quick spooling turbos at 6.91
0-60 4.42
0-100 6.91
0-150 10.79
0-200 17.99

100k-200k 4.34
100k to 300K 11.14

Congrats to Joe and Todd Z!

Old 03-28-2009, 08:29 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Man, you really know your stuff. Very impressive Justin.

Originally Posted by justinn

Justin

Old 03-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Justin is the man! Congrats on all your cars you have out there today sporting a Tuning Concept tune!

Justin,
I was thinking about how I need to get those numbers for you, so tomorrow I'm going to get off my *** and take the durametric out. Shoot me a PM with your email address.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:55 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Justin is the man! Congrats on all your cars you have out there today sporting a Tuning Concept tune!

Justin,
I was thinking about how I need to get those numbers for you, so tomorrow I'm going to get off my *** and take the durametric out. Shoot me a PM with your email address.

While your out getting your 60-130's?

Old 03-28-2009, 09:04 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Great news Joe!

Old 03-28-2009, 09:17 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Great job Joe, Todd and Justin.

Good job representing Houston, Todd!!!

For some BlackWhoreTurbo Smooth Jazz turn it to one ninety two point three on your FM dial!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 221.3 mph First shakedown pass of the day. TX mile EVOMS GTXXXX