996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Octane Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:37 PM
lennyspoolin is infamous around these parts
Octane Question

Is CAM 2 100 octane gas okay to use on a heavely modded 911 turbo, Or do i need to look into something els. Does anyone trust thoughs over the counter octane boosters.
I have looked into VP gas and I'm alittle confused. I see that they offer many different octane levels. Can anyone tell me which would work well in porsches? I was thinking o f geting some motorsport 109 which is unleaded and 109 octane. Any help would be great.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Don't use octane boosters!!

MS109 would be good if you have catalytic converters. C16 would be good if you don't have catalytic converters.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:58 PM
VEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really nice
Thumbs up

109 is the best you can get from what i was told, big difference also.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:00 PM
VEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really nice
also depends on the mods. 109 is unleaded and the c16 is leaded some cars cant use the leaded.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:01 PM
will the c16 screw up any of the o2 sensers

Old 03-28-2009, 06:40 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Leaded fuel will cause SERIOUS issues if you have cats. They can catch the car on fire, from what I was told... Stick with unleaded fuel unless your car has been modified (both hardware and software) to use it.

VP is your best bet for buying barrels of the stuff. I looked into getting some 100 octane unleaded for my car, but decided I didn't want to deal with storing it at the time...

Mike

Old 03-28-2009, 09:18 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
VP - MS109 is very popular fuel and responds well to boost. MANY tuners use it. C16 is a little better, but comes with a some penalties, such as cost and being leaded, which will quickly kill your O2 sensors.

Last edited by ttboost; 03-28-2009 at 03:01 PM. Reason: meant leaded. NOT unleaded...
Old 03-28-2009, 11:00 AM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
Isn't there any good octane boosters out there?
i thought Lucas was good?

Old 03-28-2009, 11:07 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SXN
Isn't there any good octane boosters out there?
i thought Lucas was good?

Octane booster = Band-Aid.

You have nice car with exceptional performance, spend a couple bucks and make sure it gets the right fuel.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Does anyone know any local vp gas dealers near queens new york?

Old 03-28-2009, 07:36 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Go to VP website and call them on Monday, they can help you.
Also Sunoco GT260 PLUS (unleaded) works well for high boost applications.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:16 PM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
In Las Vegas we have Rebel stations which sell 100 octane "competition" fuel for $5.99. When I got my GT2 I began to use the stuff exclusively. An interesting thing happened. I have the GMG exhaust with the flared tips. After each outing I would take a damp cloth an clean out the tips so everything stayed shiny. At first, there was a decent amount of black soot with some heavier black deposits. Over time, as the 100 took hold through the engine, the deposits have gotten less and less noticeable. Also, my engine noticebly ran smoother. I don't know how to explain it, but as it stands now my GT2 runs flawlessly and my flared tips stay clean for a really long time compared to when I first got the car. I'm sure the previous owner, who luckly only put 1800 miles on the car, used crap gas. But I can attest that 100 octane does make a very noticable difference.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:55 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Go to VP website and call them on Monday, they can help you.
Also Sunoco GT260 PLUS (unleaded) works well for high boost applications.
+1 the sunco gtplus stuff is good for UL... i am running sunoco supreme 112 on a catless setup at $7.30 a gal delivered it a good deal.... o yeah i tried the octane booster thing.. not good i now have a built bottom end

tim

Old 03-29-2009, 10:05 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
My car only has an ECU reflash set for 93 octane. Is there any advantage for me to put 100 or 110 in my car at the track?

Old 03-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by landjet
My car only has an ECU reflash set for 93 octane. Is there any advantage for me to put 100 or 110 in my car at the track?

ONLY if your pump gas tune is too aggressive and it is retarding timing. Most people "mix" a little fuel in with their pump gas just eliminate the POSSIBILTY of detonation on maybe a hot day or a heat soaked engine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Octane Question