996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVOMS breakthrough power levels in 996 TT technology

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:58 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Thumbs up EVOMS breakthrough power levels in 996 TT technology

I am creating this to discuss the incredible accomplishment of EVOMS,
their engine builder, John, Joe G (JoeTwint), and Todd Zuccone.

The power levels of this amazing car is a really significant breakthrough
and what Dr. Jitsu eloquently described as the biggest advancement
is this particular engines apparent (and actual) ability to run HIGHER
Boost pressure. I honestly cannot quite fathom how much power this
engine must make and ALL the things that they accomplished to do so.

I will agree with one thing, and this has nothing to do with what tuner
I have spent my money with: The huge breakthrough with these engines
(the handful that have been built with differnt cams, Mackenzie heads
or ones that have the ability to flow air like Macks) and the best GT35 type water cooled BB turbos, is HIGHER BOOST.

EVOMS figured it out and accomplished it, good for them!
Again being and innovator!

Congrats!

Old 03-29-2009, 09:00 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Yep, it's definately more than slapping some parts on and posting "hey look at me" dyno's. Real world results is what they have always been about. They are on a different level.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:18 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I wondering if they are running more boost than what I am running? I have had the motor at 31 pounds and she runs like a clock. My dyno graph that I posted was 28 pounds 1010 RWHP. It would be nice for my car and Joe's car to be compared to see what are each others strong point and weak points?
Robert

Old 03-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Marty,

Based on the following quote from Joes build thread, I think you are correct:

"
Just wanted to give everyone an update on what is going on with this project.As some of you know already if you have read this thread we made 820 AWHP with the previous setup and we were tearing it down to install a custom grind set of intake and exhaust cams in an effort to make a little more power.As some of you guys already know modding is contagious,so while Evoms was developing the camshafts,Todd Zuccone and John Brey of Evoms went to work on develop a larger head stud to enable us to run more boost reliably.Now we were in for a lot more powerThese studs are the Holy Grail.After thorough testing (these studs were tested in just about every configuration and thread contour until the best combo was achieved)these studs have nearly double the clamping force of the stock studs.Just to give you guys an idea of the difference these studs have made, Evoms is able to now torque the heads to 80 lb ft as compared to 42-45 lb ft with the stock or A.R.P. studs with out any crankase distortion.This is serious.Anyone thinking of doing a motor build needs these.Evoms feels there will be no problem running 30lbs of boost or more reliably!It will probably see more in testing.Gone are the days of running 1.5 bar.

Some other additions below are the GT3RS crank and intermediate shaft along with the bigger rods.We did this because of where this car is headed power wise and rpm wise.In order to compliment the addition of the new camshafts operating range we felt that this was a must in order to sleep at night.8000+rpm here we come!Everything has been balanced, machined,and prepped.It is in the assembly phase and we should have some good dyno numbers for you guys next week at this time.

I would just like to publically thank Todd Z ,John Brey and all the Evoms guys for all the effort they have put into my car trying to make it the baddest 996 turbo on the planet.
Attached Thumbnails
"

Old 03-29-2009, 09:45 AM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
great run by Joe

i love how these 996turbo's are getting to supra territory...

.... i heard from a little birdie that theres a red car running around in New York with smaller turbo's making 4 digit numbers to the wheels ..

running real strong

Old 03-29-2009, 09:49 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Awesome...

Old 03-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
And ultimately, our cars have a big traction advantage w/ rear engines and larger powerband.

Its still going to be hard to compete w/ an iron block, howeever.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:27 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
And ultimately, our cars have a big traction advantage w/ rear engines and larger powerband.

How does the 996TT have a larger powerband over the Supra? Those guys have 9500 RPM in them.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:52 AM
SleeperX is infamous around these parts

And don't forget AWD for some!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Joe and Rob's car rev nearly as high and make power sooner, Ryan.

Sleeper, you will break things w/ AWD over 700 whp.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:07 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I am creating this to discuss the incredible accomplishment of EVOMS,
their engine builder, John, Joe G (JoeTwint), and Todd Zuccone.

The power levels of this amazing car is a really significant breakthrough
and what Dr. Jitsu eloquently described as the biggest advancement
is this particular engines apparent (and actual) ability to run HIGHER
Boost pressure. I honestly cannot quite fathom how much power this
engine must make and ALL the things that they accomplished to do so.

I will agree with one thing, and this has nothing to do with what tuner
I have spent my money with: The huge breakthrough with these engines
(the handful that have been built with differnt cams, Mackenzie heads
or ones that have the ability to flow air like Macks) and the best GT35 type water cooled BB turbos, is HIGHER BOOST.

EVOMS figured it out and accomplished it, good for them!
Again being and innovator!

Congrats!
Marty,

This thread topic is a little difficult to respond without coming across a sounding like sour grapes. I am not trying to take away from what EVOMS has accomplished because they have got it out there with Joe's car and actually tested it at the Texas Mile versus an engine dyno.

I take exception to the implication that the above hasn't been around until now. The comments so far have focused on cams, studs and higher boost. I believe a better description than groundbreaking is "building upon." The changing of intake cam profiles for these engines has been going for several years by about a half dozen or more different people.

The twelve mm studs have been used to my knowledge for over one year on the 996tt motors. These 12 mm studs are one reason why Supra motors can boost where they boost to. I believe you will see further improvements by way of cut washers, type of threads employed and depth of stud along with not bottoming them out and their required machining which will further limit head movement and allow for even greater boost.

I don't believe there is any secret to the GT35R turbo's. All you have to do is look at the turbo map. It will tell you the boost and the flow required to max out these puppies. To date I know of no 996tt that has max'ed them out. I believe and I have not looked recently, that the number would be about 2.4 bar and about 600 hp per turbo. It sounds like Joe is very close or maybe there.

On to the GT40R's.

With that being said, I applaud both Joe and EVOMS.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
great run by Joe

i love how these 996turbo's are getting to supra territory...

.... i heard from a little birdie that theres a red car running around in New York with smaller turbo's making 4 digit numbers to the wheels ..

running real strong
yeah, and they are doing it while retaining daily driveability, which is the most impressive part. Most of those other big power cars do not maintain their daily driver ability

Old 03-29-2009, 11:15 AM
SleeperX is infamous around these parts

What breaks over 700hp? Axles? Doesn't EVOMS sell upgraded axles? Didnt Switzer build an 870+rwhp car that is AWD?

Old 03-29-2009, 11:23 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !

Sorry, but I'm calling bull****.

The Supra has a broader and longer powerband. Nearly as high as in 8000 RPM? That's 1500 RPM all during prime time HP.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Sleeper,

I have been told consistently by knowledgeable people that AWD will eventually break if you don't converst to RWD on very high hp cars. The Switzer car you are referring to was detuned because it would not be reliable at that power level.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMS breakthrough power levels in 996 TT technology