996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

SPEC clutch?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:29 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
The SPEC stage 3+ is a sprung hub and not a solid hub so I'm not sure what stage Gunther had but I don't think it was a stage 3+ if it was a solid hub.

I definitely need a sprung hub...I about to pull the trigger on this one
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part..._Stage_3+/8182

Old 04-22-2009, 05:15 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Soundeffects
The SPEC stage 3+ is a sprung hub and not a solid hub so I'm not sure what stage Gunther had but I don't think it was a stage 3+ if it was a solid hub.

Perhaps SPEC has changed the numbering but when I got mine about two years ago it was called stage 3+ and it was undriveable on the street due to the solid hub. It was a true on off switch. I swaped out the clutch disc to a stage 2+ and it works OK. Still not like stock but not an on off switch.

Look at the picture on the web link. They say actual clutch's may look different. That is just a file photo.

Last edited by Gunther; 04-22-2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: updated info
Old 04-22-2009, 05:16 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Let me know when you're back in town and we'll hook up for some dirt bike riding!
After the 18th of May I would love to do some riding before it gets to hot.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:42 AM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Soundeffects

This is the same clutch I have and so far I am very happy with it. Its breaking in nicely.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Banned
j.mitchell70 is infamous around these parts
How is the pedal feel/release height?

Old 04-22-2009, 01:01 PM
It then says on that link that dual mass flywheels use a SOLID HUB for stage 3+ so I'm not sure what what I need. AUDIKP-Did you see your disc before it was installed in the car, did it have springs in it?

Old 05-30-2009, 11:28 AM
So I got a Spec 3+ from Spec directly when they were at a local race event I was helping with. The guys there assured me it was my best option for 400whp....I talked to Chris Green and now Gunther has me thinking twice about putting it in.

It is a nonsprung clutch because of the dual mass flywheel. The price is right but I don't want to deal with some BS of it not being streetable. Any other updates on the experience so far?

Old 06-21-2009, 12:53 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Any word on the spec3 clutch? I'm really interested in feedback on the non sprung hub with the dual mass flywheel.audikp how are you liking the setup? Would u buy it again? I need something to hold 700rwhp.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:18 PM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by colorinc
Any word on the spec3 clutch? I'm really interested in feedback on the non sprung hub with the dual mass flywheel.audikp how are you liking the setup? Would u buy it again? I need something to hold 700rwhp.
I have the Spec 3+ and aasco lwfw....it has a higher then stock engagement but you can slip it into 1st. It is not an on/off switch like other that can hold higher hp.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:18 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
ok so here is the scoop a friend of mine just bought a 996tt(phillym5) well with his car he got a spec stage 3+ with an un sprung hub the previous owner ran it for 100 miles and didnt like it... anyways the price is right all i have to do is the labor im just real curious on how much hp/torque this thing will hold
tim

Originally Posted by audikp
I have the Spec 3+ and aasco lwfw....it has a higher then stock engagement but you can slip it into 1st. It is not an on/off switch like other that can hold higher hp.

Attached Images  
Old 06-21-2009, 04:27 PM
ok so here is the scoop a friend of mine just bought a 996tt(phillym5) well with his car he got a spec stage 3+ with an un sprung hub the previous owner ran it for 100 miles and didnt like it... anyways the price is right all i have to do is the labor im just real curious on how much hp/torque this thing will hold
tim
here is a link to my car... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-complete.html

It made more power/tq after that post too....over 700 ft/lbs and AWD...

it seems to be holding just fine...

Old 06-21-2009, 06:55 PM
WOW your car is a beast!! thanks for the info.. one more question does it suck to drive as much as everyone says? i will be leaving the stock dual mass flywheel in

tx
tim

here is a link to my car... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-complete.html

It made more power/tq after that post too....over 700 ft/lbs and AWD...

it seems to be holding just fine...

Old 06-21-2009, 06:58 PM
WOW your car is a beast!! thanks for the info.. one more question does it suck to drive as much as everyone says? i will be leaving the stock dual mass flywheel in

tx
tim
I have the aasco lwfw...so I'm not sure how the stock dmfw will be...

I do not think the car sucks to drive. Once I got used to the higher engagement point I don't have any problems...

Old 06-21-2009, 07:01 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !

tx
tim

I have a little different setup than K, but I am going BACK to a dual mass flywheel. The LWFW just proved too difficult for me to modulate at the dragstrip. The street isn't too bad, but it can be tricky on a hill, at a light, with the radio on. I've had this setup for about 6 months now, so I have some seat time with it.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:03 PM
with the lwfw are you running and unsprung hub? if so do you know of a good supplier for the lwfw? yeah i know what your talking about as far as car dynamics go its the little things you have to get used to and once you do its all good

I have the aasco lwfw...so I'm not sure how the stock dmfw will be...

I do not think the car sucks to drive. Once I got used to the higher engagement point I don't have any problems...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPEC clutch?