996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pics of new wheels and tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Pics of new wheels and tires

I put my new wheels and tires on and washed the car yesterday so I thought I'd share some photos:

I weighed the stock setup - hollow spokes with Sumitomo HTR ZIII's in stock sizes: 58lbs rear and 48 front.

Then I weighed the new setup - Champion 18" RG5s with with Michelin Pilot Sports in stock sizes: 48lbs rear and 41 front.

You can really feel the difference behind the wheel. Car feels more agile.

Also, at Edwin's suggestion, I installed the clear turn signal bulbs and there's no more orange in the headlight housing. I like it!

Last edited by Seal Grey Matte; 04-05-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:18 AM
wezz is infamous around these parts
Congrats! Looks Great!!

Old 04-05-2009, 09:33 AM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
looks great Mike!

Old 04-05-2009, 10:02 AM
mburns813 is infamous around these partsmburns813 is infamous around these parts
Looks great. Big weight reduction.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:15 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
looks great!! any info on the clear turn signal bulbs that you mentioned?

Old 04-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
See Edwin's post here:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...light-led.html

At Edwin's suggestion, I bought them from here: http://www.xenonmods.com/
Click on "7507" on the top left. You need the 7507's in chrome/orange and the chrome/red in the rear.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Looking good, bro! Do you have any plans to install coilovers? I think some PSS9/10's would really tighten things up, not to mention the car would look killer on the Champions!

Well done.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks Adam! A suspension has been on my mind for a while now (since my first track day). I'm on the prowl for a nice used set. My only hesitation is that, if you look closely, my front lip spoiler is already cracked. I constantly encounter steep driveways, speedbumps and potholes, so I'm a bit hesitant to go any lower.

New Lip spoiler is on the way, BTW.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:44 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Looks awesome Mike!!!

Old 04-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Great looking wheels - stick out on the seal grey. Really like the deep lip.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:19 PM
mtesh73 is infamous around these parts
very nice looking setup. the wheels look top notch.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Abdullah is infamous around these parts
Nice Looking

Old 04-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Old 04-05-2009, 07:48 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
See Edwin's post here:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...light-led.html

At Edwin's suggestion, I bought them from here: http://www.xenonmods.com/
Click on "7507" on the top left. You need the 7507's in chrome/orange and the chrome/red in the rear.
thanks for the info. rep for you ,. sorry for being such a noob, but the turn signals in the rear flash red? I always thought they flashed orange?

edit: btw, edwin's link is inactive for some reason

Last edited by ExclusiveTT; 04-05-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:55 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
really nice... time for coilovers...!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of new wheels and tires