996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New rotors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 08:33 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
New rotors

What are your opinions on rotors. I need new ones. Should I go with OEM, and who has the best prices?

Old 04-05-2009, 11:54 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
I went to SharkWerks the other day and saw this... really nice.

http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=194

Old 04-06-2009, 12:32 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Dig the new avatar Todd!!

Old 04-06-2009, 06:27 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I ran the numbers and can get 7 sets of OEM front rotors for the price on one set of the Brembo 2 piece rotors and 1 set of replacement rotors. Each set of Brembos will last longer and weigh less, which is good, but I decided that at my driving level, they didn't make sense. I have the upgraded 6 piston GT3 calipers that use 350mm 997TT rotors which Suncoast sells for $415 per set. I don't know the cost for stock 996TT 330mm rotors.

Last edited by landjet; 04-06-2009 at 06:31 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:35 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
yesterday I was driving hard through some twisties and suddenly a huge goose strutted accross the road.

I went from 70 to stop just in time to miss the guy by 3 feet. I bet he was glad that I had good brakes.

W/ all the power you have now Todd it is pretty important to be able to stop.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:39 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
I had the same experience as Jitsu, except the hugh goose was Jitsu.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:22 AM
rolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

I can always count on you 2 characters to make me laugh first thing in the morning...+1 +1

Old 04-06-2009, 07:28 AM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
I had the same experience as Jitsu, except the hugh goose was Jitsu.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Walnut,

I can quarantee a brake failure if ever you replace the goose....on second thought, that apelike body of yours would probably total my car. Hopefully, I will be in the Cayenne

I see you are back from the annual Arkansas meeting of NAMBLA.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:39 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
i would def not go with stock OEM rotors, just not worth it even at suncoasts prices. if you drive them hard they warp or the pads imbed in them (am i using the correct terms?). i would opt for an inexpensive 14" Protomotive rotor upgrade. works with your existing caliper and they last 2-3times as long as OEM ones.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:48 AM
CarreraMark is infamous around these parts
you can get a great price on the OEMs at suncoast. Pelican parts has a good selection of aftermarket as well as the OEM ones. As i recall, Zimmerman makes the OEM ones for porsche and they there is a pretty significant price difference. here is the link:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/..._pg3.htm#item9

Old 04-06-2009, 09:07 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I do DE's with my car and never warped an OEM rotor. They do develop cracks after a while. No pad problems either.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:07 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Thanks guys. Great info here.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:45 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Todd,

I hear our factory rotors are interchangable with the '09 Hyandai Sonata rotors. Give them a shot. I hear you'll stop in not time at all with them.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by bmoores
Todd,

I hear our factory rotors are interchangable with the '09 Hyandai Sonata rotors. Give them a shot. I hear you'll stop in not time at all with them.
Ok. All good info accept for this post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New rotors