996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Protomotive 996 TT in (my) town

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 06:33 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
No, It's Bryant's (S351, with the silver GT2) buddy Jeff's car. This car is very clean, Jeff got a smoking deal on it and looks to be put together just right.
The dude who bought it last year and sent it back to Chicago after he got it had no idea what he was talking about.

Last edited by LUISGT3; 04-06-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:37 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
No, It's Bryant's (S351, with the silver GT2) buddy Jeff's car. This car is very clean, Jeff got a smoking deal on it and looks to be put together just right.
The dude who bought it last year and sent it back to Chicago after he got it had no idea what he was talking about.
LOL thats funny he even argued with people that had seen the car ..

Old 04-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmym3
actualy mark posted 60 to 130 times search and find them there on here somewhere at 1.1 bar on 93 pump it ran a 5.99 and 6.15 .
I stand by my post... If it did infact run a 5.99 and a 6.15 on 1.1bar and 93 octane then the new owner will not have problems duplicating those passes and getting them verified!

Though if I remember correctly Mark posted those 5.99 graphs in regards to Bobby's GT2 with secret custom turbos. Which was also supposedly on a 28" Drag Radial...

Hell you have the same turbos if I remember correctly. Have you ever thought to yourself ... "Why can't my car run those times, even on high boost?" So it should be a walk in the park for ya bro! Post your high boost times for comparison!

Regardless, the new owner has got one hell of a car. If this is the same car Mark has been talking about for awhile it has run some impressive numbers supposedly. I, for one, will be excited to see some verified numbers from this car! Esp. since it has been the test bed for many of different setups.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
the 5.99 and 6.15 were not on the 20gs... the 20gs will never do it....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Thank you Mark! I was almost a 100% sure I remember you saying those numbers in regards to the GT2. I wish you all were more open about the car because I have heard a number that it ran and I am REALLY intrigued on how it did it. The power and weight do not add up together, so I was wondering if someday you, Todd, or Bobby could (in another thread) shine some light on the car. I know it does exist, but the whole story doesn't really connect. After all we are all on this site to learn new things about these cars.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:42 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
you have it wrong ,like mark said the 5.99 and the 6.1 where on the new turbos not the 20 gs.

my car is currently apart , waiting on some things. and just for you ill post some times,keep talking your smack in the meantime.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Thank you Mark! I was almost a 100% sure I remember you saying those numbers in regards to the GT2. I wish you all were more open about the car because I have heard a number that it ran and I am REALLY intrigued on how it did it. The power and weight do not add up together, so I was wondering if someday you, Todd, or Bobby could (in another thread) shine some light on the car. I know it does exist, but the whole story doesn't really connect. After all we are all on this site to learn new things about these cars.
the white car at chicago motorcars had a full 20 set up with custom 20gs.. not off the shelf... car trapped 139 mph on C16 high boost... ... but that was when the car was Bobby's...
I am not responsible for any claims since then... good or bad... as it takes a little more then gas and boost to run these cars....
markski

click to view

Old 04-06-2009, 07:51 PM
you have it wrong ,like mark said the 5.99 and the 6.1 where on the new turbos not the 20 gs.

my car is currently apart , waiting on some things. and just for you ill post some times,keep talking your smack in the meantime.
I am going to keep talking smack because you've not had a running car since I have had my GT30's (since March of last year). If you car has been running then there have been no super impressive times that I can remember. We built my car in the garage (on a MEGA budget) and I have had tuning done remotely.. I have been to the track numerous times testing and posted up even if the car ran like crap. I catch crap from ALMOST every Protomotive band-wagoner mainly because we built the car ourselves. Hell I even admit when there are problems unlike a lot of people on this forum that try to cover their builders asses when they screw up. We all make mistakes!

You on the other hand have not done anything but down EPL and any other company that is not Protomotive. I am targeting you only because you have NO clue what you are talking about 99% of the time. You only repeat what is told to you even if you haven't seen it with your own eyes. That my friend is ignorance!

Old 04-06-2009, 07:52 PM
sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !
This was the first 20g ever made... the car was awesome... I drove it a handful of times.... I also was telling you guys about it last year......
markski
MARKSKI, so when are you gonna tell us about this new turbo you guys have up your sleeve?? At least give us a name or something to call it...

Old 04-06-2009, 07:55 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !

Are you saying that 20G's cannot run a 5.99 or even a 6.1? I think there is an 18G that ran a 6.0 already?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:10 PM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by $manager
Did Slosser admit it might be as fast as his SG crapper!!!!?
I believe it is Mr. Smartass!! Lets just see how long it stays that way.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:23 PM
I am going to keep talking smack because you've not had a running car since I have had my GT30's (since March of last year). If you car has been running then there have been no super impressive times that I can remember. We built my car in the garage (on a MEGA budget) and I have had tuning done remotely.. I have been to the track numerous times testing and posted up even if the car ran like crap. I catch crap from ALMOST every Protomotive band-wagoner mainly because we built the car ourselves. Hell I even admit when there are problems unlike a lot of people on this forum that try to cover their builders asses when they screw up. We all make mistakes!

You on the other hand have not done anything but down EPL and any other company that is not Protomotive. I am targeting you only because you have NO clue what you are talking about 99% of the time. You only repeat what is told to you even if you haven't seen it with your own eyes. That my friend is ignorance!
first off if you have no idea what your talking about get your facts strait before you start flapping your jaw off , my car has ben running just fine its just waiting on new turbos ..secondly good for you that you have been to the track several times,unlike you sitting and tinkering in you momys and dadys garage i have an extremely bussy work schedule i dont have the time. if you built the car your self good for you actualy why would anyone give you hell for that ?also your dillusional that i give no credit to other tuners beisdes proto , i give credit where credit is due , evoms , umw , i just dont care for epl for my personal reasons, if your but hurt about that well thats just to bad isnt it ? as for targeting me ? i laugh at you i could care less probably makes you feel good beeing a key board warrior cuase you could only do this over the internet... pat your self on the back cupcake. lets take this to pms lets not jack the the thread up.

Last edited by unvmy996; 04-06-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:31 PM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
I stand by my post... If it did infact run a 5.99 and a 6.15 on 1.1bar and 93 octane then the new owner will not have problems duplicating those passes and getting them verified!

Though if I remember correctly Mark posted those 5.99 graphs in regards to Bobby's GT2 with secret custom turbos. Which was also supposedly on a 28" Drag Radial...

Hell you have the same turbos if I remember correctly. Have you ever thought to yourself ... "Why can't my car run those times, even on high boost?" So it should be a walk in the park for ya bro! Post your high boost times for comparison!

Regardless, the new owner has got one hell of a car. If this is the same car Mark has been talking about for awhile it has run some impressive numbers supposedly. I, for one, will be excited to see some verified numbers from this car! Esp. since it has been the test bed for many of different setups.
My guess is you will still have to wonder..The new owner is also a street racer.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by ttboost
Are you saying that 20G's cannot run a 5.99 or even a 6.1? I think there is an 18G that ran a 6.0 already?
Not on pump gas at 1.1 bar

click to view

Old 04-06-2009, 08:45 PM
first off if you habve no idea what you talking about your get your facts strait before you start flapping your jaw off , my car has ben running just fine its just waiting on new turbos ..secondly good for you that you have been to the track several times,unlike you sitting and tinkering in you momys and dadys garage i have an extremely bussy work schedule i dont have the time. if you built the car your self good for you actualy why would anyone give you hell for that ?also your dillusional that i give no credit to other tuners beisdes proto , i give credit where credit is due , evoms , umw , i just dont care for epl for my personal reasons, if your but hurt about that well thats just to bad isnt it ? as for targeting me ? i laugh at you i could care less probably makes you feel good beeing a key board warrior cuase you could only do this over the internet... pat your self on the back cupcake. lets take this to pms lets not jack the the thread up.
PMs? Why so you can get banned from this forum too?? hilar ioush ilarious This look familiar???? http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/e36-m3...m3-banned.html

You are nothing but a muscle bound illiterate wannabe who thinks that you can swing your weight at every person and make them respect you. It doesn't work around here in Texas where we have laws, guns, and other things to stop people like you from doing anything you think you can. I am here to level the playing field for the average person that gets into these cars. I don't see why a person needs to spend $10k for something that can be done for $3k. Sorry I have extra time to delegate towards my car, and it sucks that you cannot. Maybe if you had time you would better educate yourself on these cars and not just have to spout off what you are told. I am not sure what you spend your time doing because I can hardly read your post because you probably are beyond RAGED at this point. Anyway I'm done!

And with that...

Now back to the thread! Get some pics of the car MK or Luis! I can't believe the guy who bought it originally passed it up because he didn't know who what he had found. The car looked gorgeous in the pictures! I wanted a white 996TT sooooo bad but I was impatient and didn't wait long enough! Sorry again for the thread Hijack/smackdown!

Last edited by Powell; 04-06-2009 at 09:01 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Protomotive 996 TT in (my) town