996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Imagine Auto (orginally Suman's thread)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Hey Chuck, I have a question... You banned dave (who I do not know) for crapping all over members... Here we have Suman being disrespectful (yet again) over his dealing (yet again) over a car that's been coast to coast for this master build... Do a search and you'll see how much contribution he's made over the years... This thread is an excellent example of his antics...

Talk about crapping on people...

And to the other members out there, I don't know the issues with Kasper... It's tough out there and businesses like these are hanging in the balance. I never did business with Steve K. I never could get him to answer emails or be "helpful" with questions privately. I assumed since I hadn't spent money with him yet, it was what it was... Having been the PCA "guru" for turbo platforms in 2007, I'm sure many felt he was a high contributor to the Porsche community. I won't bash him, because I don't know the details... I will say that it's always buyer beware and life does get in the way... Sucks for those who are on the losing end, right along with Kasper and iA!

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 04-09-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Mike, when you are right you are right...I didn't appreciate Suman's comments either, especially after all the effort of this forum and it's members on his behalf..but I gave him some slack because of what he has been through with his car (he is also just back after an imposed absence)...Dave only came here to flame IA and I originally gave him a pass on that because I wanted to hear what he had to say but when he disrespected 6 speed and it's members I sent him packing...no one is always right and that includes me...your thoughts are noted and appreciated..

Old 04-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
while we are in a confessional mode let me make one more thing absolutely clear...if a member of 6 speed has been harmed by another member or a sponsor I am going to be in that member's corner whether he is considered to be a complete jerk or is greatly admired by the rest of the community...a moderator should not make judgements as to who should be helped based on their popularity...IMHO helping any member that has been harmed is part of my responsibility as a moderator of 6 speed...I'm done...I am so sick of this mess

Old 04-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Flyfisher is infamous around these parts
Wow...crazy happenings since I was on here last. I live in Detroit, and the car industry is taking a beating here. I can see how the trickle down could definitely hit the tuners. For what it's worth, I feel I should state that my experience with IA has been great. Stephen answered a bunch of questions both in email and over the phone more than a year ago, and was great in getting me set up with a new exhaust a few months later. Absolutely no issues here.

Ken

Old 04-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Really sorry to hear about the issues folks are having with IA. If I was in your shoes, I'd be pissed, and rightfully so!! On the other hand, Stephen and IA has done 90% of the work on my car. I've been through 3 different kits, all of which Stephen and Doc have installed. I have been 100% satisfied with everything they've done, and until reading this thread, would still go to them for upgrades. I've left my car with IA for several weeks at a time, and each time, everything was delivered as promised.

I hope everyone gets their issues with IA resolved, and I wish Stephen and Doc the best!

Old 04-09-2009, 10:21 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Send him packing again, Chuck. Most every post I remember reading of his is stewing with an underlying narcissistic infantile arrogance that is clearly still present.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:46 PM
JS1967 is infamous around these parts
I have done a fair amount of business with IA and know Steve personally. Steve has displayed to me a great deal of integrity and poise as his business has literally dropped off. I also know that it has been his top priority to tie up loose ends and to get the cars in the shop back to there owners. I was at his shop when the truck was there to up the pick OP's car. All I can say is that there are two sides to every story. Steve is a stand up guy, he is not getting a fair review here.

Last edited by JS1967; 04-09-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:50 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bbywu
+1 on Kaspar...he's been a great resource to me...

Not sure what's going on, but I hope things work out.
+2 On Kaspar. He has always done right by me. I am sure you will get your car. There has to be an explanation. He is a veteran highly technical 6speeder with a great reputation. I am sure you dont have to worry pal. Hope everything works out well.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Bare fact is his business failed and I along with many others got screwed in this situation. If oyu have nothign to do with it get out of my thread! THis was to help me get my car back and MIKELLY AND TXGOLD AND ROBSLOW99 you all can enjoy your car because you decided not to trust this guy you are praising so hard right now! I TRUSTED HIM AND GOT SCREWED NOW GET OUT OF MY THREAD!

Old 04-10-2009, 06:49 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mannytt
good to hear you are getting your car back, and hopefully all the parts.

Just got an email that they forgot my muffler inlets intercoolers and brackets GREAT! more to deal with AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Old 04-10-2009, 06:52 AM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
Send him packing again, Chuck. Most every post I remember reading of his is stewing with an underlying narcissistic infantile arrogance that is clearly still present.

+1!! I see he missed the school bus again this morning!!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:33 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Suman, it is so ridiculous that this is what you have to go through to get 1,000HP..... There are a few 996tts running around our area with that upgrade or upgrades very close to 1,000 that will soon be at that point....At least those guys are out driving thier cars everyday and when they come home at night its in thier garage. After all this time, and money spent, all these shops its been in and out of, I hope for your sake that your car is THE fastest 996tt out there, or at least around our neck of the woods. If not, it would be a huge dissapointment.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Guys, there are tons of people on there who I think are either: (a) morons, (b) A$$holes, (c) pretentious and self-righteous. And for every person who I think is that way there are probably ten more who think I'm all of these things. If we started banning all of them, it would get pretty lonely around here.
God knows I don't agree with everything that comes out of Suman's mouth, but is that a good enough reason to ban him? Making threats against members, trying to sell stuff without registering as a sponsor, etc. I'm fine with that.... Ban Away! But if we start banning people because we don't like them... that's a road I don't want to go down. I know this board is international, but that just isn't very American.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:34 AM
truckgod is infamous around these parts
summan you were the only thing that has been holding your car up for the past month. Do you forget about the phone calls saying you and some buddy's were coming down to get the car later that week! or the on were you said you had a flight the next day and it landed at 1:00. how about the one were you beged us to put the motor in and trailer it to Arkansas, even though i told you we have no truck let alone a trailer to pull it down there with, then there was the hand full a builders that you called and said weree coming to get your car, they never showed up even after i cleared a saturday with my family to be at the shop waiting. Even the day the trasport showed up we were told via e-mail it was a hour away that was around 9:00 a.m. and at 2:30p.m. a open transport showed up. We were told it waas Demans guy coming to pack your parts and take the car Your quote to me was he has a big two car trailer he can fit it all. We did everything possible to help you get your car back. I even offered the trasport driver my personal vechile so he could go get ruber containers to put your parts in, then we helped pack and load your car. You never mentioned this stuff in your post just you crying about i canget my car. ITS A CAR not your life your passion and your living Stephen lost all of that.

Just in case you are wondering this is chris the one you talked to on the phone about four times a week

Chris

Old 04-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by LiNks
Suman, it is so ridiculous that this is what you have to go through to get 1,000HP..... There are a few 996tts running around our area with that upgrade or upgrades very close to 1,000 that will soon be at that point....At least those guys are out driving thier cars everyday and when they come home at night its in thier garage. After all this time, and money spent, all these shops its been in and out of, I hope for your sake that your car is THE fastest 996tt out there, or at least around our neck of the woods. If not, it would be a huge dissapointment.

Agreed! I stuck with Stephen becuase he and I had an understanding and I wanted him to be the successor of this build! Unfortunately his circumstances led him to closing the doors and literally crying on the phone with me. I understand his pain but you all have to understand I went into this wanting Stephen to be the one finishing this build regardless of who did my machine work on the motor. By the way guys the car hasnt been coast to coast it has always been at Stephens shop! The motor was modded by Neil Harvey at Performance Developments so only my heads and block were sent out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Imagine Auto (orginally Suman's thread)