996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Street Racing stories, what mods u have on ur 996TT and what kills u made

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 07:41 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Thank you for that dissertation on street racing pops.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:43 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Zac I'm going to give you some positive reps,just because you barley have any.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:45 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Zac I'm going to give you some positive reps,just because you barley have any.

I'd probably have more, but I doubt any one's going to take tech advice from the guy with the mustang in his sig. LOL!

Says I can't give you anymore till I spread the love hahaha..

Last edited by _Zac; 04-07-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:48 PM
I'm going to dig out my pinkie ring.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thank you for that dissertation on street racing pops.
I left out the part where I walked you by 5 lengths, Walnut.

When does Tweety want another spanking?

Old 04-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I think that those that race on the street and get away with it will never be convinced that they are reckless or endangering anyone else...and certainly there are precautions that one can take to minimize those risks (at least in your own mind)...but those that track/race regularly are all too familiar with the carnage and fatalities (sometimes very unexpected) that can result from triple digit speeds (sometimes much slower) in the best environment possible, a race track, with equally experienced drivers, safety workers and medical teams on site...this difference in opinion is just one of those things, and it won't be settled here...everyone should enjoy their car in the way they see fit and suffer the consequences

ps...Paulie is better looking than I had him pictured

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-07-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Sean your car is old news ,both Todd & I beat you,so why waste our time with you fantasy talk.

Ease up Chuck your scarring me.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:18 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Sean your car is old news ,both Todd & I beat you,so why waste our time with you fantasy talk.

Ease up Chuck your scarring me.
Yea. What Paulie said.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:19 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tom kerr
well after re-reading this post and seeing I got a negative rep from it I am guessing YOU are the "sensative sally"

back at ya
Dude... i dont even know how to give or take away rep points, but that was kinda gay.... your turbo looks bad *** on a track, id probably be your rep points biggest fan if i cared to leave them.

This guy just wanted to start a thread to read about some good races involving 996tt's and I wouldnt mind reading them just to get a sense of what our cars can be capable of.

did you really accuse me of giving you negative rep?..... really? thats incredible haha.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:22 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by LiNks
Dude... i dont even know how to give or take away rep points, but that was kinda gay.... did you really accuse me of giving you negative rep?..... really? thats incredible haha.
The two buttons (One looks like a gold metal, the other a red fire alarm bell) next to the post # in the right corner of the post is where you can leave positive/negative rep.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
just one button Zac...the medallion is for both positive and negative rep...the second button (alarm) is for reporting a post if you see spam or something objectionable...

Old 04-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Correct, sorry I posted a little hastily. lol Rep for you!

Old 04-07-2009, 09:45 PM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Q8-996TT
thanks M-theory, wow i can see cops behind you in ur pic with a gt2 i think some tickets is a must hahaha
As for my Avitar, that's my brother, who is a police officer and a huge Porsche fan. I took my car into his town and I let him drive my GT2 (He's a long time driving instructor at the police academy). He let me drive his police car, which was faster than I expected, and the AR-15 at arms reach was pretty cool too. He said my GT2 was "illegal" and "sick fast". We had a fun time driving around town. He would get behind me in the police car at a light and you could see the other drivers at the light saying "oh oh". He would then say over the loudspeaker in his best Buford Pusser impersonation: "Pull dat dere Por-she over" It was great!

Last edited by MTheory; 04-07-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:23 AM
Q8-996TT is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MTheory
As for my Avitar, that's my brother, who is a police officer and a huge Porsche fan. I took my car into his town and I let him drive my GT2 (He's a long time driving instructor at the police academy). He let me drive his police car, which was faster than I expected, and the AR-15 at arms reach was pretty cool too. He said my GT2 was "illegal" and "sick fast". We had a fun time driving around town. He would get behind me in the police car at a light and you could see the other drivers at the light saying "oh oh". He would then say over the loudspeaker in his best Buford Pusser impersonation: "Pull dat dere Por-she over" It was great!
thats nice

Old 04-08-2009, 07:13 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
On a serious note I feel that I should point out a few things: The stereotypical street race/street racer/fastnfurious type is indeed a menace to society. Second, everyone with a Porsche should be mandated to spend at least two full days (8 sessions) on a track w/ quality instruction.

Having said that, the culture here really is unique. First, Hewstone Texaco really is a different place w/ a hyper car culture: It is, geographically speaking, an ugly place. I have lived all over the country, Ca, NY, Chicago (been to Fla) and our land is flat w/ no redeeming geography. What is wonderful is that we have these exquisit and cheap masterplanned communities sprawled out and connected by the most massive and pristine (compared to other places) superhighways you will ever see. Everyone drives 25K miles a year here just doing regular commuting (our lifestyle is not sustainable, I will be the first to admit).

Although Houston is a HUGE place w/ more 500 plus hp cars than anywhere on the planet, most everyone knows everyone. Our meets, GTG are very cliquish and if we think there is even one in a million chance that you are an idiot, you will never get invited to a run. Most everyone I know has lots and lots of track experience, 1/4, road course, kartring etc.

When we go out for a run we like to go in fairly small groups (the most common is 4 cars) and if there is even a hint of traffic we will not go. Some new guys have done stupid stuff and you can guarantee they will never be invited again. 2 cars will square off and go on the third honk. Again, I, and most the people I know would rather lose a race than take any chance. There is an art and a science to the roll on.

Now for chance unscheduled the encounter on the street, yes I get those all the time. Again, I won't go unless it is 100% safe and when I do I rarely lose.

EdiT: And one other very important thing: Most of the roll on community here is much older, 30's 40's and above. The record 60 to 130 is held by a gentelman who is about 60. I generally don't believe that those under 30 have the experience or temperment to do what we do. I certainly would not let my son participate. Chris is an exception but he is mature and conservative (and a bit of a wuss) A while back there was a 19 year old in a TT Viper that wanted to play and none of us would get near him. As expected, he stacked his car (but is fortunately OK).

well said and understandable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Street Racing stories, what mods u have on ur 996TT and what kills u made