996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Street Racing stories, what mods u have on ur 996TT and what kills u made

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Q8-996TT is infamous around these parts
Street Racing stories, what mods u have on ur 996TT and what kills u made

Hello guys , i like street racing or quarter miles, i would like to know your racing stories with your 996 turbos please include what mods you have on your car and the other cars name and what mods they have , videos will alway be better as proof :P haha i hope ull enjoy this topic.

Ill start with some stories form 996 turbos here in Kuwait that i know about.

Recently one week ago 996TT K24/18g tuned by protomotive, AWD, stock K-16 intercoolers, he raced a 740rwhp paxton supercharged c5z06 with 370ci stocker rollig was 120 km/h up to 1 kilometer ( we dont use miles in kuwait hehe) at the finish line the vette was only less than one car on the finish line and the turbo was pulling him fast ! another 100m infront the turbo would be infront ! remember the VETTE IS 740WRHP paxton supercharged and 370ci strocker!! WOW porsche Rules

Old 04-07-2009, 08:23 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Q the street racing thing may be ok in Kuwait but we use race tracks in the USA and be glad to tell you about those stories if you are interested.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:36 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Q the street racing thing may be ok in Kuwait but we use race tracks in the USA and be glad to tell you about those stories if you are interested.
Yeah, keep it safe. There is a lot of traffic over here and it's not worth putting others at risk. Doing a straight-line pull to stupid speeds on the highway is a sin that is almost unavoidable with a Turbo, even though it should be avoided, but "racing" takes things to another level that has too often resulted in people getting killed. I have a friend in the UAE that got killed a few years back, so it's not just on this side of the pond.

For a disturbing view of my psyche, I am OK with the consequences of whatever harm I do to myself. It's too often that the person doing something stupid walks away fine, though, while maiming some innocents. That's a result I can't deal with.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:40 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
My car looks too slow... Carmon Red, convertible, natural color leather with wood trims, and Tip... no one wanted to race me. The only thing I killed are the bugs on my windshield.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:49 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with Tom.

jeff

Old 04-07-2009, 09:09 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Q8-
Two British tourists were killed a month or so ago in Miami Beach due to some knucklehead street racing a 997TT. I doubt you'll hear a whole lot of stories for a while with the exception of the Houston crew. There are plenty of their stories up from them, search and ye shall find.....

Old 04-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
We don't do any street racing here in the states. Everything is done south of the border in Mexico!

They have a LOT of empty freeways where you do not have to worry about injuring innocent people that are just minding their own business!

Old 04-07-2009, 10:21 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
I flew by a ranch hand with a sombrero on a burrow the other day in Mexico. He was well off the side of the road. But his sombrero went flying. Buenos tiempos mis amigos.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:35 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
I flew by a ranch hand with a sombrero on a burrow the other day in Mexico. He was well off the side of the road. But his sombrero went flying. Buenos tiempos mis amigos.
That sounds like a scene out of a movie.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Here in Texaco the highways are 6 lanes wide, empty at night and perfect for roll ons. Austin doesn't count, the streets are skinny and full of angry women w/ a castration complex.

In NY, FLA, and CA the gay rights activist, feminatzis, estrogen laden girly men w/ a downsairs mix up and PC police have shut down the roads for everything but the Prius, the Miata, and the VW Bug. Oh, and the Bug is only legal if you have fresh flowers in the dash flower holder.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 04-07-2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Austin isn't Texaco
Old 04-07-2009, 11:13 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Here in Texaco the highways are 6 lanes wide, empty at night and perfect for roll ons. Austin doesn't count, the streets are skinny and full of angry women w/ a castration complex.

In NY, FLA, and CA the gay rights activist, feminatzis, estrogen laden girly men w/ a downsairs mix up and PC police have shut down the roads for everything but the Prius, the Miata, and the VW Bug. Oh, and the Bug is only legal if you have fresh flowers in the dash flower holder.
hey hey hey, watch it! I thought no one knows I put flowers in my car.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:03 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
90% Protomotive build

Killed one large goose near Henderson one day, it wasnt pretty!

Old 04-07-2009, 01:04 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !

LOL !!

Old 04-07-2009, 01:22 PM

It pains me, but you are correct. I love parking my Turbo next to my dad's Prius when I drive out to visit them. People tend to have a puzzled look on their faces when passing by.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:52 PM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold

I'll agree with you on the Florida thing

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Street Racing stories, what mods u have on ur 996TT and what kills u made