996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TurboS Project by IPD TurboMike

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Mike I knew those turbo's would not remain paper weights for long. combined with what he has set-up in that car already I know what's gonna happen.

My favorite thing about Mike's Projects is the trick stuff he pulls from all ends of the industry and innovates it into Porsche (no pun intended)...from Detroit to Rice town!

I agree with Greg on the cop exposure. You need to install an attorney right next to the methanol injection!

Old 04-09-2009, 10:08 PM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RSSGREG
Madman Turbo Mike is at it again. He just can't keep well enough alone.

Turbo Mike's Silver wide body Frankenstein creation was putting down 850 HP to the wheels back in 2000. I'm afraid to see what happens with project 996 Turbo. One thing I do know is that anyone who goes up against "Turbo Tweedy" better be packing some serious heat when the light turns green.

My only concern is combining Speed Yellow with tons of Horsepower tend to lead to a lot of court proceedings and DMV troubles. My fingers are crossed for you Turbo. God Speed!

Greg @ RSS
Turbo, is that the beast u ran with my R1? That thing is preetttyyyy fast, but i just got lucky that day. stock R1 i think.....had no idea ur beast was pushing 850. WHAT WAS I THINKIN???????

Old 04-10-2009, 07:42 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Neat project, cool stuff!

Old 04-11-2009, 12:52 PM
sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !
"Meet me at Cars and Coffee" ...click.

Get this, I get a call this morning at 6:45am from IPD TurboMike and all I hear is,"Meet me at Cars and Coffee" ...click. So hell yeah, I got outta bed, got ready, and just had to see it for myself buttoned back up. As we all know that feeling of finally getting that bumper back on and those freakin' bumperettes tightened up with the long allen wrench being careful not to gash the paint. !@#$%^ Anyways...

I roll in to CnC and there it was...it was back. After a week of blood, sweat, and tears, and all the battle wounds... TurboMike got those bad boys in!! Damn, this thing sounds crrrrrazzzy!! Hearing those Tial wastegates open up from behind sounded mean!!

So after CnC we passed by the boys at Stuttgart Performance/RSS and had to jack it up and share with the fellas. So here's the photos...

Driver's Side

Passenger's Side

****pit

Meth Tap

Finally a smile and ready for a few brews...

Last edited by sid350; 06-07-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:56 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
wow... Mike really put it all together quick...

Old 04-11-2009, 02:30 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
is he selling his k24s?

Old 04-11-2009, 04:30 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
how does it move?

Old 04-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Looks good! How is the performance?

Is that Robert's old car? BTW, what happened to Robert?

Old 04-11-2009, 06:42 PM
sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SXN
is he selling his k24s?
Spoke to him about this and he's gonna keep them on the shelf.

Originally Posted by boca996tt
how does it move?
Yeah it moves and he's only running it at 0.9bar right now to get familiar with the new setup. I can feel from our drive to Stuttgart this morning that it's fast and a lot more to come.

Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
Looks good! How is the performance?

Is that Robert's old car? BTW, what happened to Robert?
No it's not Robert's car. Haven't heard or seen him in awhile.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:21 PM
mojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to behold
congrats turbo mike...WoW... i remember last week u only have the driver side finished .. i cant wait to see it in person how your tweedy sounds like and performs... i see you tomorrow brother.....

Old 04-11-2009, 07:32 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Nice job and well done, I have to give it to you. Nice pictures posted by Sid too. Can't imagine doing all this in one week, you my man are "the cream of the crop"
Congrats and be safe!!

Old 04-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Banned
Robin@TitanMS is infamous around these parts
Nice job Mike! Looking forward to see what kind of power it makes. Hi to Greg and the guys for me...

Old 04-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Former Vendor
BBI Betim has much to be proud ofBBI Betim has much to be proud ofBBI Betim has much to be proud ofBBI Betim has much to be proud ofBBI Betim has much to be proud ofBBI Betim has much to be proud ofBBI Betim has much to be proud ofBBI Betim has much to be proud ofBBI Betim has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Just took mikes car for a "Legal" drive, I LIKE IT.... The old goat still has it in him. Way cool build. The car has nice power dilevery and dosent let up until the rev-limiter.

That BBI Exhaust sounds great as well...LOL

Old 04-17-2009, 01:11 AM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBI Betim
Just took mikes car for a "Legal" drive, I LIKE IT.... The old goat still has it in him. Way cool build. The car has nice power dilevery and dosent let up until the rev-limiter.

That BBI Exhaust sounds great as well...LOL

Betim,

I agree Turbo Mike still has plenty of tricks up his sleeve but the old goat part just ain't the way Turbo Mike rolls from what I have seen he put that awesome project together way faster than any of the new kids.

Last edited by Slowcart; 04-17-2009 at 01:28 AM. Reason: add
Old 04-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Former Vendor
BBI Betim has much to be proud ofBBI Betim has much to be proud ofBBI Betim has much to be proud ofBBI Betim has much to be proud ofBBI Betim has much to be proud ofBBI Betim has much to be proud ofBBI Betim has much to be proud ofBBI Betim has much to be proud ofBBI Betim has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Slowcart
Betim,

I agree Turbo Mike still has plenty of tricks up his sleeve but the old goat part just ain't the way Turbo Mike rolls from what I have seen he put that awesome project together way faster than any of the new kids.
HAHAHA Very True very true.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 996TurboS Project by IPD TurboMike