996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evoms or EPL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 05:06 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
Plugs are not hard to do once you get it down, in fact the whole car is pretty easy in my honest opinion. lol

Old 04-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Banned
j.mitchell70 is infamous around these parts
Yes I agree these cars are really easy to work on. Sure the plugs take a bit of time, but its all very easy to work and really a great way to get to know your car if you haven't torn into it before.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:08 PM
xlr8 is infamous around these parts
Call Tony at EPL. I have had both flashes and the EPL flash is definately better

Old 04-09-2009, 07:27 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
which are the best plugs to be using with a flash?

Old 04-09-2009, 07:54 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sharkster
Dammit why you always gotta bring that up.. that's so last week
Now that's funny. But what's the deal w/ plugs? You know I have a new 2004 factory engine and I think you said I DIDN'T need new plugs for my new EVOMit flash. ??

Old 04-09-2009, 07:58 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dtmarsh
Now that's funny. But what's the deal w/ plugs? You know I have a new 2004 factory engine and I think you said I DIDN'T need new plugs for my new EVOMit flash. ??
Well you don't have 20K on there yet do ya I mean not since the last time we changed? I know you also have Bosch's and not the crappy stock berus You should be good for a little while of course the car will let you know

Old 04-09-2009, 08:10 PM
cko
cko is infamous around these parts
1 more benefit of going local...

Getting local support can really save on headaches. Even a simple task such as getting a flash can turn into a real pain if things don't go well. Whoever is close, reputable, and skilled can be a real resource when you need something out of the ordinary or simple help diagnosing a problem. This is especially true if you have can't be without your car for longer periods. (or simply don't want to be without it.)

A GOOD local shop with tuning expertise can take some stress out of the equation. With that said, you'll likely be happy whichever your decision.

I was very happy with Tony at EPL. He did some custom tuning and programming to my specification. I felt better knowing that he was in driving distance from my home. (The trip from MA to CT can be a nice one if not stuck in traffic.)

Old 04-09-2009, 08:12 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
EPL hands down...Good Luck.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:51 PM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
How well does the stock clutch hold up at 500+ hp?

Old 04-09-2009, 09:52 PM
jimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Prche951
oh, yeah, this is how it all starts. I just want a flash, then oh, wait, diverter valves, then wait, the K16's just don't feel fast enough, so I need hybrids, then oh not enough fuel so new FPR, oh and waste gate kit, then the clutch feels like it's slipping, I need one of those. Wait the turbo intake tubes are too small, I need bigger ones. Hmmm, someone told me that the factory IC hoses pop off, I guess I need new silicone hoses. Speaking of IC's, they are just not efficient enough. Oh, these new hybrids just don't get enough fuel, hmm, new injectors....wait, the suspension can't handle all this power I need pss10's, hmmm, what about the brakes?

and it all started with, I just need a tune....

seriously, both have excellent rep, so enjoy whichever you decide on.
Wow, this post just saved me a bunch of money. I think I'm gonna stay stock for a while. Although that europipe stage 2 quiet sounds very appealing...

Old 04-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jimmy k
Wow, this post just saved me a bunch of money. I think I'm gonna stay stock for a while. Although that europipe stage 2 quiet sounds very appealing...

Old 04-09-2009, 11:00 PM
porschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of light
Stay LOCAL !!! whatever and who-ever you work with having a dyno run and tuner local is a headache saver, i started my first giac flash three years ago 2 1/2 hours away and never had the nearby help that i needed.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:28 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by g8rdmd
How well does the stock clutch hold up at 500+ hp?

Ain't gonna happen!!!

Old 04-10-2009, 06:55 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by porschenaround
Stay LOCAL !!! whatever and who-ever you work with having a dyno run and tuner local is a headache saver, i started my first giac flash three years ago 2 1/2 hours away and never had the nearby help that i needed.

STAY LOCAL! LOL I agree 100 percent both are great! I loved my car all the way to gt700 status! EPL on the other hand is awesome as well! Just go where issues can be fixed the quickest!

Old 04-10-2009, 02:30 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xlr8
Call Tony at EPL. I have had both flashes and the EPL flash is definately better
Care to explain the differences? And why you think it's better?

Not trying to give you a hard time, just trying to get some first hand opinions from someone who has had both....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evoms or EPL