996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evoms or EPL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Evoms or EPL

I am new to the forum but not to Porsche. I have an opportunity to have either an EVOMS ecu flash or and EPL as their are shops in my vicinity that have been recommended highly. The evo flash is more expensive but I really want the best performing upgrade. I will do a Stage 1 and I am a moderately aggressive driver who does not track the car. I just want a solid performing upgrade that wont give cel headaches or other. Spoke to both shops including Tony directly at EPL and like both of them. Any recommendations would be really appreciated.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I love my EPL tune. I also had a EVOMS Stage 2 tune also. If you are going to upgrade later then EPL for sure! EPL and EVOMS are going to give you the same performance on a K16 car so I'd go with the cheaper one!

Old 04-09-2009, 02:54 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
This type of threads can easily start another "Flash" war. All we can tell you is if we have good/bad experience with certain tune. I believe Stage 1 doesn't make much of differences between tunes anyway.

I have had very good experience with the EVOMs tunes with difference stages; that's why I'm keep going back for more.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:22 PM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
I have had great experiences with Tony / EPL and purchased an EPL Stage 1 flash to replace the giac software that was in my car when I first got it. I noticed a significant difference between the two different softwares. Some people will say that there is no difference between stage 1 flashes, but from my experience I disagree.

edit: Just want to add one more thing, based on your screen name EPL is with in driving distance..... That is what originally lead me to EPL several years ago...

Last edited by audikp; 04-09-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Please. No war

No war intended on my part. I am just looking for some insight on experience. Also would do DV upgrade. Do I need to do an airbox upgrade if I am not planning on tracking the car?
Thanks for any help.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:57 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I would say if you have someone in your area and you visit and become happy with them start there and closer to home

Guys no flash wars please:P

Old 04-09-2009, 03:58 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
No war intended on my part. I am just looking for some insight on experience. Also would do DV upgrade. Do I need to do an airbox upgrade if I am not planning on tracking the car?
Thanks for any help.
Any flash you get will require spark plugs and some upgraded DV's. Then you'll be set.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:14 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
are the stock style plugs used when getting a flash or is a different brand / style plug needed?

Old 04-09-2009, 04:15 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Evoms,they have built and tuned some of the fastest Porches in the world.Their experience with the 996/997 is unsurpassed ...they have been tuning these models since the beginning.Besides that they also get out there and put their tuning to the test by competing in real world performance tests such as the mile ,quarter mile,road course,etc.I have had no experience with EPL,good or bad.so I cannot comment.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:15 PM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for any help.
No, you do not need an airbox upgrade if you plan to track the car.

A flash and DVs would be just fine for some added power and throttle response!

Old 04-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
I will do a Stage 1 and I am a moderately aggressive driver who does not track the car..

oh, yeah, this is how it all starts. I just want a flash, then oh, wait, diverter valves, then wait, the K16's just don't feel fast enough, so I need hybrids, then oh not enough fuel so new FPR, oh and waste gate kit, then the clutch feels like it's slipping, I need one of those. Wait the turbo intake tubes are too small, I need bigger ones. Hmmm, someone told me that the factory IC hoses pop off, I guess I need new silicone hoses. Speaking of IC's, they are just not efficient enough. Oh, these new hybrids just don't get enough fuel, hmm, new injectors....wait, the suspension can't handle all this power I need pss10's, hmmm, what about the brakes?

and it all started with, I just need a tune....

seriously, both have excellent rep, so enjoy whichever you decide on.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:36 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Evoms,they have built and tuned some of the fastest Porches in the world.
Some of the fastest Porsches? Joe , I hate to break it to you but some guy with a 996 just ran 231mph at the TX mile....get with the program THE FASTEST PORSCHE!

Old 04-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
Some of the fastest Porsches? Joe , I hate to break it to you but some guy with a 996 just ran 231mph at the TX mile....get with the program THE FASTEST PORSCHE!
Dammit why you always gotta bring that up.. that's so last week

Old 04-09-2009, 05:00 PM
many thanks, that's why i'm here.

Are new plugs a real necessity at flash or just good to do at time of flash. car has 18k on it. I'm starting to get pumped now.
thanks alot guys.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Are new plugs a real necessity at flash or just good to do at time of flash. car has 18k on it. I'm starting to get pumped now.
thanks alot guys.
I would change the plugs because you'll likely get a few pulls before the misfires start coming. The stock plugs (Berus) don't last too long at 500hp.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evoms or EPL