996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

recommended spacer size for front and rear OEM turbo twists on a 996tt.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:41 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ray C.
Try Damon at Tirerack. I just ordered 7mm for fronts and 15mm for rears from him. These are H&R spacers with 60mm bolts. Good Luck!
Very strange! I have a wholesale account with them and they told me that they do not sell H&R spacers... I was told that by 3 different salesmen... I thought that was strange given the fact that they sell other h&r products such as coilovers, springs, and swaybars...

Old 05-04-2009, 04:44 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by oak
yes, that's awhile ago, H&R coil overs set at 1/4" lower than GT2 height at the fenders.

Your car looks FANTASTIC! No rubbing with that setup, I would assume. Which set of H&rs did you go with and can you give us a review of your experience with them? I am currently looking for a set on my car and the H&R products seem to be the cheapest option out there. They make two different lines : street-performance and a custom clubsport set.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
You can do 15mm all around, 21mm rears if you roll the fenders.

http://www.automotion.com/product.as...dept%5Fid=5128

They have everything there.

I would support Vivid a board sponsor: http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/h...7-p-50842.html

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 05-04-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:19 PM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ari
You can do 15mm all around, 21mm rears if you roll the fenders.

They have everything there.

I would support Vivid a board sponsor: http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/h...7-p-50842.html
I ordered my 15mm H&R spacers from Automotion aka Performance Product 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for them to be shipped. They don't stock them and what they do is drop ship. But they do have a great price. So buyers beware.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:28 PM
GTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to behold
What about these guys, good quality gear.

http://www.boothedesign.com/spacers.html

Old 05-04-2009, 09:36 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
Your car looks FANTASTIC! No rubbing with that setup, I would assume. Which set of H&rs did you go with and can you give us a review of your experience with them? I am currently looking for a set on my car and the H&R products seem to be the cheapest option out there. They make two different lines : street-performance and a custom clubsport set.
I had no rubbing, but you may experience some rubbing. It seems like it just depends on your set up. No biggie if you need to roll your fenders. I just used the Eastwood version when I went with 12's rears with 315's.

The H&R's were great I had no problems with them at all. They worked fine on the street and track. Best bang for the buck!

Old 05-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Is automotion the same as Performance Products? A few years ago I drove in and picked it up from stock...

Originally Posted by 996Choy
I ordered my 15mm H&R spacers from Automotion aka Performance Product 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for them to be shipped. They don't stock them and what they do is drop ship. But they do have a great price. So buyers beware.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:43 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
once you get spacers and if you need to roll your fenders the eastwood tool works great.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:53 PM
I used a 2lb hammer with duct tape at the striking end. Took 2 minutes per side and came out perfect.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:08 PM
oak
or you can just use a jig saw and just buzz the lip off.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:42 PM
drh
drh has a spectacular aura aboutdrh has a spectacular aura aboutdrh has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
Also, looking for a quality brand and location to purchase. Do most of these spacer sets come complete with longer/extended wheel bolts? Thank you.
I bought a set from Ruf. 15mm on the rear and 7mm for the front.
The rear 15mm have pressed in studs. The 7mm come with studs that you screw into the existing lug nut holes. These were ordered with a set of black magnesium lug nuts. Ruf spacers are hub centric.

I fit tested the 15mm on the front recently to see if there would be any problems and I found my stock wheel\tire with stock ride height rubbed the front portion of the fender well when I turned the wheel.

The Ruf tech said they do not recommend the 15mm on the front of the TT.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:36 AM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ari
Is automotion the same as Performance Products? A few years ago I drove in and picked it up from stock...
Yes same company. Guess I am just unlucky .. everytime I go to car meets I feel so embarrassed about how my car sit, can't wait to get my spacers ...

Old 05-05-2009, 08:08 AM
great! thank you all for the help.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Ray C. is infamous around these parts
This thread has been helpfull for me. As mentioned in my prior post, I contacted Damon @ Tirerack and he had the 7mm and 15mm spacers with associated lugs. These do not show on their website at this time but he has them in stock. TR recommends the 7mm in front with stock suspension/wheels; 15mm for the rears. I will post a comment once they are on the car.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:26 AM
TAndujar is infamous around these parts
Option IXRN on 996TT and C4S was a 17 mm spacer for the rear, part number 996.361.617.00.

Check PET Illustration 501-00.

Nick

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: recommended spacer size for front and rear OEM turbo twists on a 996tt.