996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

recommended spacer size for front and rear OEM turbo twists on a 996tt.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:52 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
recommended spacer size for front and rear OEM turbo twists on a 996tt.

Also, looking for a quality brand and location to purchase. Do most of these spacer sets come complete with longer/extended wheel bolts? Thank you.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:10 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
Also, looking for a quality brand and location to purchase. Do most of these spacer sets come complete with longer/extended wheel bolts? Thank you.
Call an Expert like Alan Bayliss at Wheel Enhancement,
Porsche makes extend lug bolts.
Do not get carried away with the look, let FUNCTION prevail unless
you are a posuer.

Good luck,

MK

Old 04-09-2009, 10:47 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Performance products IIRC, also has the spacer kits with longer lugs.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:02 AM
derm is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by IAPorscheDoc
Performance products IIRC, also has the spacer kits with longer lugs.
I bought 2 sets of 15mm spacers from Performance Products last month, more aggressive look and "subjectively" handles better; no unwanted issues.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:44 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Also with stock twist wheels, do you think 18mm fit without rubbing or the best choice is 15mm. Or maybe a combination 15 in front and 18 in the back ???

Old 04-10-2009, 08:01 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
You do not need spacers with stock wheels, it is only if you buy wheels that
do not have correct offsets, that you would require spacers (or in my case
trying to stay clear of my custom intake tubes inside of my fenderwells.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:12 AM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I am also interested for my stock wheels, more for the look than function...

What sizes for front / rear, part numbers, brands, where to buy is what I am would be interested in learning. Thanks!

Old 04-10-2009, 08:25 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
You got me there Woodster. My thinking was to move the wheels in the most outboard position inside the fender without touching it. And I was under the impression, without mentioning the look improvement, it will also improve the handling. I saw pictures of "Seal Grey Matte" car and like the look... But I was thinking of doing the same thing with stock wheels...

Old 04-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by raineycd
I am also interested for my stock wheels, more for the look than function...

What sizes for front / rear, part numbers, brands, where to buy is what I am would be interested in learning. Thanks!
Look here raineycd http://www.automotion.com/dept.asp?P...Fid=22&level=0

Old 04-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Check out Links' thread here to see what 15mm spacers look like on stock wheels:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tyle-wing.html

Old 04-10-2009, 08:36 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by derm
I bought 2 sets of 15mm spacers from Performance Products last month, more aggressive look and "subjectively" handles better; no unwanted issues.
very nice. have any before & after photos? and possibly a link to the product?

Old 04-10-2009, 08:38 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jpflip
You got me there Woodster. My thinking was to move the wheels in the most outboard position inside the fender without touching it. And I was under the impression, without mentioning the look improvement, it will also improve the handling. I saw pictures of "Seal Grey Matte" car and like the look... But I was thinking of doing the same thing with stock wheels...

Spacers provide a noticeable handling improvement by increasing your cars track as well as providing an aesthetic appeal. You do not need them, but they do not compromise anything and certainly look better. I'd go with 15 mm as it is the safest if you run fairly meaty (I.E. higher sidewalls than stock) and not much negative camber.

Spacers are a win win, looks and some performance.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Spacers provide a noticeable handling improvement by increasing your cars track as well as providing an aesthetic appeal. You do not need them, but they do not compromise anything and certainly look better. I'd go with 15 mm as it is the safest if you run fairly meaty (I.E. higher sidewalls than stock) and not much negative camber.

Spacers are a win win, looks and some performance.

Thanks a lot for the info.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Check out Links' thread here to see what 15mm spacers look like on stock wheels:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tyle-wing.html
Thanks for the pics. In fact it looks nice...I have to admit you are a bit responsible for this extra spending after I saw this photo of your car ;-)

Attached Images  
Old 04-10-2009, 10:07 AM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
For 15mm should one go for hubcentric spacers or the "other" type (like the H&R DR series)? Or does it matter at all?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: recommended spacer size for front and rear OEM turbo twists on a 996tt.