996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car currently weighs 2700 pounds!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 04:21 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Car currently weighs 2700 pounds!!!!!!!

ok I didnt want to "start" a new thread about my race car interior conversion (see elsewhere) or bury this in Dez's weight loss thread so I posted a new thread.
mainly because the numbers I would like to share are not usually associated with this car and are still NOT THE FINAL NUMBERS so thought it would just be interesting.

car started out at about 3250 and we stripped it to a little over 2500 pounds!!!!!!

cage when in and added close to 200 pounds ( yea heavy safe cage)

currently sits at 2700 with too much gas (little over half a tank)

lexan windows, doors, CF roof and hood, firesuppression, and one seat and dash to go back in

we are guessing about 2900 to finish

when the doors convert to Cup doors should be around 2800 pounds

just thought I would share!!!

here is what it currently looks like

thanks for looking

tom

Old 04-13-2009, 04:29 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
That's awesome!!

What are the cup doors made of?

Old 04-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
crap! That's going to be almost cheating! yow.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
So between 2900-2950 to play it safe... That's pretty darned impressive Tom!

Should really fly man!

Mike

Old 04-13-2009, 05:24 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
M A - M A

Certainly worthy of the last thread, and the one after that, and this one, and the shakedown thread, and the first race thread, and all consecutive race threads and updates after that. It's a forum dude, if people can't appreciate a fine example of the 996 TT in our section then they can leave. We need to catch up with the new "Drag race record" threads.

Last edited by heavychevy; 04-13-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:26 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Freaking awesome. That thing is going to scream. I can just imagine how much fun you're going to have getting used to it.

Last edited by TXGold; 04-13-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:39 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. You may not want a cup car....

Congratulations.

Jeff

Old 04-13-2009, 05:51 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
wow... thanks for sharing Tom...

Old 04-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Looks killer Tom, a lot of work but great results. Can't wait to see where she ends up.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:43 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Any pics of the finished CF roof yet?

Old 04-13-2009, 08:37 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SXN
That's awesome!!

What are the cup doors made of?

thanks, CF with Lexan windows in place of nets.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by dgreen78
Any pics of the finished CF roof yet?
had them re-clear coat it today, hopefully tomorrow.

thank you all for the comments

I really feel a little pressure now cause am really out of excuses. if this car is not one of the fastest cars on any track any where it will be because of my lack of driving talent not the cars fault.

I am making sure that everything is set up as well as it can to pretty much have a GT2 CUP car.

Dez, if everyone puts up with my blogging I will continue to give the updates that you mentioned.

sharing the journey of this car with you guys is half the fun! (well almost!)

Old 04-13-2009, 08:47 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Haha... I can almost picture your face when posting that thread title. Thats awesome, you keep raising the bar. Way to commit to this project and congrats on the results.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:48 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Looks great!! keep us posted.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Hats off to you...that is very impressive no matter how you measure it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car currently weighs 2700 pounds!!!!!!!