996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

center console cubby question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 06:40 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
center console cubby question.

I searched, but didnt find anything. Is the cubby pocket a direct replacement for the cd holder? Does anyone know the part number for the cubby pocket? And what is the best way to remove the CD holder? Thank you.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:50 AM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
It is a direct replacement. It actually just pulls out--takes a little force, don't be afraid to yank. You can pop the leather-covered panels flanking the center console off to get better access if you need to.

I don't know part numbers, but here is a link to where I bought mine, just choose upper or lower cubby--not that I endorse one vendor over another

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...de=996ttintacc

Old 04-14-2009, 06:54 AM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
I searched, but didnt find anything. Is the cubby pocket a direct replacement for the cd holder? Does anyone know the part number for the cubby pocket? And what is the best way to remove the CD holder? Thank you.

Yes, the cubby is a direct replacement.

I got one from Suncoast for like ~$30 I think...

I believe its the same part number as all 996's and boxters..

Old 04-14-2009, 06:56 AM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
I think this is the Part Number.... 996 552 253 01 01C

but you might want to double check.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:57 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
There is an upper and lower cubby. Make sure you get the correct one. Just push all the cd release buttons. Grab on and pull straight out. New one just snaps back in.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Old 04-14-2009, 06:16 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
thank you so much for the help! You guys are AWESOME! +Rep for all. Do you guys happen to know what determines if you get the cubby vs. the cd holder from the factory? I know my gt2 came with the cubby pocket whereas my turbo came with the cd holder above the climate control.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:22 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
No idea but now you need to sell your old CD holder on ebay for hundreds of dollars like eveyone else. Seriously you will see them for $50.00 plus. I kept mine to give back when and if I even trade up.