996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How much are you paying for an oil change at the dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:23 PM
CarreraMark is infamous around these parts
$159 at the dealer in Nashville.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Danyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant future
Cannot over-emphasize get a LARGE oil pan.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:09 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I got the 16 or 18 quart plastic thing from Griot's. It is not a hard or complex task.

But, that "big volume" unit from Griot's....

Big mistake. It is not just volume, it is a flash flood...you need a big cone to keep the splatter under control.

It took me 2 hours to clean up....so I use the dealer now. M1 is really a great agent for spreading out and sticking.

Jeff

Old 04-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Imolas54 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
I got the 16 or 18 quart plastic thing from Griot's. It is not a hard or complex task.

But, that "big volume" unit from Griot's....

Big mistake. It is not just volume, it is a flash flood...you need a big cone to keep the splatter under control.

It took me 2 hours to clean up....so I use the dealer now. M1 is really a great agent for spreading out and sticking.

Jeff
LOL that's what i brought too! I removed that drain plug, it made a big splash first so i like sh*t.... and when it couldn't drain into the pan fast enough i was Fu***K!

Old 04-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Steve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud of
My local Porsche dealer had a special $89.00 oil change. Won't do it myself for that price.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Flying Viper is infamous around these parts
dealer in NJ just got $299. from me. includes inspection and so on

Old 04-15-2009, 12:53 PM
PeterK is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Steve's 996
My local Porsche dealer had a special $89.00 oil change. Won't do it myself for that price.
Wow, how can they even recoup the price of the materials at these costs?

Old 04-15-2009, 03:24 PM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
Honestly the easiest car I ever changed oil on was a 996....

Can't even make a mess as the filter is directly below! No angles or anything...

Old 04-15-2009, 07:21 PM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Imolas54
i would have paid up to $150 for the change, I did it myself before but didn't have a large pan to drain and make a huge mess on my garage floor tiles.

This was huntington porsche on long island for reference.
I too was not very impressed with Huntington Porsche. Go to Lynmore in Huntington Station. They'll probably do it cheaper.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PeterK
Wow, how can they even recoup the price of the materials at these costs?
I posted this earlier in the thread. The dealers run the special to get you in and once you're there, they try to talk you into a bunch of services. Some people bite, some don't. I didn't.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:35 AM
cjaz is infamous around these parts
It's $300 at Brandywine Porsche in the philly burbs. Seems like a lot to me. I don't know of any independent's near me and not so sure i'm ready to do it myself yet.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Dodo is infamous around these parts
If it's going to make you feel any better, 1 lt (1.05 quart) of Mobil 1 0W40 is sold for $29 (22 Euros) here in Netherlends. I believe it's pretty much the same elsewhere in Europe.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:27 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Oil here is $7 per quart.

I bring my own oil. Indy charges me 80 and his filter.

Great guy.

Jeff

Old 04-16-2009, 10:32 AM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cjaz
It's $300 at Brandywine Porsche in the philly burbs. Seems like a lot to me. I don't know of any independent's near me and not so sure i'm ready to do it myself yet.
Seriously very easy to do...and by no stretch of the imagination am I mechanically inclined.

Just buy the oil from Walmart of something, Porsche filter from dealer, and while there, also buy a drain plug in case yours is old/stripped as it's only a few dollars.

At the very minimum read the DIY, then take a peep under the car as it's jacked up. I am confident you will see how easy it is. Easier to change than a Honda...

Old 04-16-2009, 02:22 PM
kosmo96 is infamous around these parts
I do it myself. It's very easy. I don't even bother to jack it up--it can be done while its sitting on the tires. Don't forget to drain the turbo's also.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much are you paying for an oil change at the dealer?