996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car buffed and ready for Oktoberfest show!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 04:26 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
If you don't have much damage, go to the hand method. Try 3M hand glaze, P21S Paint Cleaner and P21S Carnauba. Works very well.

PC 7424 random orbitals can be found online for about $120. Griot's sells a great pad setup with backer plate for the 6" pads, and get the red and orange pads (one for polish, one for wax).

Experiment on something other than your Porsche.

I also have tried the Griot's liquid Machine Glaze 1, 2 and 3. And their best of show wax. Works very well with random orbitals.

There are many tips, one being to drape the cord over your shoulder, and another to remove all jewelry (do this anyway). Otherwise it's damn hard to burn the paint using one of these.

But best to try by hand first. Then see.

Old 10-10-2004, 04:36 AM
andreas is infamous around these parts
Eric,

thanks and I will give it a go and follow your advise.

thanks

andreas

Old 10-10-2004, 04:39 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
If my car looked that good, I'd be scared to drive it!!

Old 10-10-2004, 04:57 AM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Sloth
Boat time you used the porter cable. How'd she come out??
Max...She looks HooooooooooooT! Mirror baby I Buffed the areas that thought needed it. Mainly the nose and front hood area and above the rear quarters and tail. Then the Klasse which is amazing stuff! We're talking hours...but its worth it. The wax will finish off...smells like Cocoa nut
Try these guys for products and tips..
http://www.properautocare.com/

Old 10-10-2004, 08:28 AM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
that cars reflection does not look real

thats amazing

Old 10-10-2004, 09:36 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by andreas
hey where did you guys get the porter cable setup for buffing and what is the best combination of stuff to get?? I want to buy one and try it myself on my car?? Can I F it up or is it pretty fail proof??

I have always been afraid to try anyhting other then good old elbow grease if doing it myself??

Help me out. need to get out a few swirl marks

Thanks

Andreas

read up on the PC at www.bettercarcare.com they have a GREAT article on it

I order my stuff from www.properautocare.com

Old 10-10-2004, 09:45 AM
NYSEGuy is infamous around these parts
Just got done myself from washing, claying, washing again, and 2 coats of Rejex, and some mothers for the polished lips for good measure... Shine baby shine!!! Tomorrow, I'll tackle the interior and throw a coat of Zymol on her for the finishing touches.

Britt, your shine always amazes me everytime I see it!

See you guys next weekend!

Old 10-10-2004, 09:59 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Will you guys stop !!! Your making me feel guilty and that my car is neglected...

Old 10-10-2004, 10:12 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
You be stylin' Britt! Looks Great!

Old 10-10-2004, 11:18 AM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
Great shots...the 3rd photo looks unreal.

Old 10-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Cody_1 is infamous around these parts
Greyghost -

Your car looks amazing! Truly inspirational. It was because of your car that I took the Rejex challenge myself.

Keep up the good work!

- Rich

Old 10-10-2004, 12:35 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Great color

Old 10-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
As much as I like to think that I can do everything to my car to keep it looking good, I really must give all the credit to Joe Alstin. He is a 20 year veteran to auto detailing and Harris (Renntech36) hooked me up with him.

I few weeks ago my car was subject to some nasty chemicals in the air which etched spots in my paint. I tried everything from vinegar to random orbitals with polishing compounds, you name it... I did it. Just ask Eric (The Plug Guy).

So, being one with a reputation for the cleanest Porsche in the country, I called Andrew Vogel (Detailer708) at Diamond Detailing to get some advice. I sent him the picture below and he said I would need to get a high speed buffer/polisher on the paint in order to bring it back. "Holy ****!!!" I said to myself. That's my biggest nightmare getting swirl marks and mangling my paint.

Andrew had the generousity to offer to come all the way from NY to do the job so that I could be guaranteed that it would be right but his schedule made it a few months from now... and of course, the Oktoberfest show is next weekend (16th), a week away.

So I said to myself... "Who has the best looking cars in town?" And I came up with Bob Snodgrass over at the Brumos Porsche Museum. Thus, Harris Snodgrass came to mind. I called Harris and explained the situation about the spots and me being so particular (which is a reputation I am notorious for) and he said that he had the man to get the job done right... Joe!

So that;s the story. After 1½ hours of buffing and polishing Joe and I tag teamed the paint and wheels and made the GreyGhost look better than it ever has. All the spots are gone. All the microscopic scratches are gone. All the minor flaws and swirls are gone. I would say the paint is nearly 98% flawless.

Thanks again to Joe, Harris, Andrew, and Eric. I must also thank 6SpeedOnline for giving me the opportunity to network with these people and make the commections. A side note, I gave Joe 150 6SpeedONline cards, so get rady for some new members.

Joe will also be out at the WGV event to give my car a special little something to make it ultra shiny. Anyone in North Florida should let him do his magic. German Glasurit paint is very delicate and scratching is extremely easy to do. I plan on hooking up with Joe once a year until I can master the high-speed polish.

Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2004, 07:38 PM
Here's the scene of the crime.

Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Another beauty shot for good luck!

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car buffed and ready for Oktoberfest show!