996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

SOMEBODY got new GRILLS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 05:26 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Why the grills? Was there an "incident"? This would seem to really cut down on a lot of airflow...

Old 04-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Deputy, Couldn't be further from the truth...Matter of fact, it's the same kinda setup Tom Kerr is running... Doesn't seem to restrict his airflow.

The Mesh cuts down on the 18 pounds of junk that collects in the radiator gills. And on a track car, some of that debris can damage the radiators or block airflow majorly. I have pulled out chunks of rubber that were the size of golf *****... Imagine those impacing the condensor/radiator at oh about 150MPH on track???

And this mesh is much less restricting than the mesh I was using and that stuff was track tested in summer time temps last year extended sessions at the track...

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 04-19-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:46 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Thanks Mike - I've got a GT2 bumper going on shortly and I'm going to do this while I have it off.

Cheers,
Rich

Old 04-19-2009, 06:32 PM
heron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond repute
tag for source and how - to!

Old 04-19-2009, 06:47 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
It looks cool too. When you stand back a couple of feet, it kinda looks like your intakes have teeth.

The mesh we used was the XXL, first one you see when you go to the web page. I got the black powder coated finish.

Last edited by landjet; 04-19-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:53 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
hey mike, any details on this "custom" pss-9 setup

Old 04-19-2009, 10:36 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Mike yes I would be interested to know this too, I guess the Pss9's have to come off the car to be modified though ?

Old 04-19-2009, 10:37 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
And how low is your car nowadays in regard to fender gap, circa 1 finger ?

Old 04-19-2009, 11:23 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Lower than that.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:27 AM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
looks nice

Old 04-20-2009, 12:04 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Hey guys-
I could probably get my shop to pre make some sets if enough guys are interested. I went with the welded stainless but with nascar here, we can get just about anything. I also have a powdercoat shop in town...they did my wheels for $60 per.

The ones they did for me were epoxied in place, so that is probably how they would be delivered.

Just thinking out loud....let me know if there is any interest and I'll make the call for pricing [I do know they are pretty cheap!]

Tom.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Sorry for the late resonse, but I wasn't near a computer today, or my iPhone...

First, Guys ordering the mesh we used from the link above, you're talking less than $40... It comes in ALUMINUM and is powdercoated and I couldn't believe how thick that stuff is... VERY durable... I'll post pics of the material when my knee allows...

It's a 3 hour job if you take your time... 2 hours if you've done one before... And it is BUTT simple... Get a bag of zip ties or a roll of aluminum safety wire and do this yourself... I could see a shop easily charing $300-400 in labor to do this... And it is SIMPLE to do...

Now on to the PSS9s... Bilstein will alter ANY of their struts to your specs. Mine came with the car pre-altered, but I'm guessing the "changes" were similar to FVD's Eurospec units.

When I called and talked with the tech from Bilstein (about a year ago) they said that they do them all the time for many applications and will work with the customer to get the best available compromise for your application. If you have the time to pull the struts and send them off to Bilstein, it might be worth checking into.

However, for those shopping coil overs, I've absolutely check prices and find out what Bilstein would charge to make the strut work for you...

But remember, I've said for a long time now that not all PSS9s are the same... FiNALLY someone else who has them on his car can see the difference in ride quality and performance...

Oh, and as posted in my handling DIY Sticky above, my ride heights are on the LOW end of the GT2 specs card in the FSM. Check that sticky for all the details above!

Mike

Old 04-20-2009, 04:12 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Mike-
Sounds like you have it nailed. Goodonya bro.

By the way...have you seen the Iphone app that does AFR's?

Old 04-20-2009, 04:18 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Looks good...

Old 04-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Not yet... You got a link???

That would be WAY cool... In my opinion the iPhone has no competition when it comes to mobile computing. At this point anyway!

Mike

Originally Posted by $manager
Mike-
Sounds like you have it nailed. Goodonya bro.

By the way...have you seen the Iphone app that does AFR's?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SOMEBODY got new GRILLS!