996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT Perception

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
996TT Perception

Let’s discuss how prudent is 996TT for business?

How do you think clients perceive you?

Mine is yellow and I must say I sometimes feel I might be shooting myself in a foot with the executives who drive Audi’s A6 TDI.

If I see a guy in a great car, I always think; good for you man, but I get the feeling that 996TT can create more envy and denials than opportunities?

Chime in, experiences, thought…

Old 04-19-2009, 12:49 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
It's the yellow..

Old 04-19-2009, 12:52 PM
EvilRiva is infamous around these partsEvilRiva is infamous around these partsEvilRiva is infamous around these partsEvilRiva is infamous around these partsEvilRiva is infamous around these parts
Im gonna have to agree with ACF here.... No one envy's yellow... it's kinda like how no one wants to eat the orange popsicles, or yellow starbursts. You should have gotten Gt Silver.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:53 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
wow... borderline dude.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:56 PM
acf
My other thought is that it probably has more to do with how you carry yourself, rather than what kind of car you drive.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:56 PM
EvilRiva is infamous around these partsEvilRiva is infamous around these partsEvilRiva is infamous around these partsEvilRiva is infamous around these partsEvilRiva is infamous around these parts
It's hard to get respect in a yellow car, unless you're driving a lambo it seems. Don't get me wrong, he has an amazing car, but, he chose a "look at me colour" on a car that little people understand to be great. He wants attention for the colour of his car and doesn't seem to be getting it.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:57 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
I think it does good for our business. My business partner drops that I own one every chance he can get. Porsche = success. We are a Internet / Marketing Agency and our clients want success. Who wants to go with a loser?

Now I can see the opposite effect depending on your business. If you are in the paper business or some other consumable, people dont care and will just think they are overpaying for example.

My 2 cents.

BTW, yellow is HOT!

Old 04-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
I didn't want to discuss colour preferences here dude's. The car!

Old 04-19-2009, 01:01 PM
acf
Btw, that's not to say I dont love me a yellow 996TT every now and then. Last week, I was rollin beside a yellow 996 Turbo S with an areokit, yellowed out badges and all. It was sick.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by EvilRiva
Im gonna have to agree with ACF here.... No one envy's yellow... it's kinda like how no one wants to eat the orange popsicles, or yellow starbursts. You should have gotten Gt Silver.
Yeah right Audi A6 TDI (black) and not being envious because of a 996TT colour? So you would prefer the Audi? Comon dude!

Old 04-19-2009, 01:04 PM
My only point is, had you picked another colour, IMO, you'd be getting the respect/jealousy you are looking for. I can't be jealous of a guy driving a 996 Turbo, black, silver or grey is where you should be for that.

Yellow has it's place, but it isn't with respect for the car, it's with fun on the PCH, or driving down Hollywood Blvd. yellin look at me.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:08 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
OP says he IS getting jealousy... and that is the problem.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:10 PM
acf
lol !

Originally Posted by raineycd
OP says he IS getting jealousy... and that is the problem.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by EvilRiva
My only point is, had you picked another colour, IMO, you'd be getting the respect/jealousy you are looking for. I can't be jealous of a guy driving a 996 Turbo, black, silver or grey is where you should be for that.

Yellow has it's place, but it isn't with respect for the car, it's with fun on the PCH, or driving down Hollywood Blvd. yellin look at me.
The question is; how do clients in business perceive you when you roll in with your 911, regardless of colour.

And ok, what would you think if a (perfectly professional businessman top in its field) rolls in with a yellow 911?

How would you judge?

Old 04-19-2009, 01:16 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
I can tell you where I work that folks who drive Porsche aren't exactly well liked. I have seen a few in the parking lot including one who's tag read something like "paid cash" and there's noticeable resentment when they're mentioned around the water cooler. I am a contractor and I work with Govt. folks. When they see a nice car like this hackles raise - especially with a personalized tag that's so in your face. I have been very quiet about my desire to own one as a result and make sure to note that I'm going to buy used if I do mention it at all. Mercedes, Lexus, and some other nice marques are noted too but not to the same degree of scrutiny as they're more common. Many folks knew my Supra too but I didn't ever hear grumbling other than it rattled windows when I'd leave. Considering what many new cars go for and prices for used 911 I think this resentment is a little silly but perceptions are what they are.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996TT Perception