996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just moved to Palos Verdes - Where can I go to drive my car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 04:06 PM
orlando333 is infamous around these parts
you brother must have just gotten out of a prison

there was no talent on display that sunday -- lot of heffers but no stallions, other than the prancing horses parked next to the bulls in the picture above.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:38 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by orlando333
you brother must have just gotten out of a prison

there was no talent on display that sunday -- lot of heffers but no stallions, other than the prancing horses parked next to the bulls in the picture above.
^^^

Old 04-20-2009, 10:11 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Way to go the PV crew. Hopefully I will meet everyone one day at VCR or Irvine.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:16 PM
996garage is infamous around these parts996garage is infamous around these parts
I grew up in PV and live there now (previously lived in WestLA). Definitely lots of cops, so it's worth investing in a radar detector...first thing I bought after moving back.

There's really nowhere to do a long spirited run, but if you want a nice cruise I used to ride my CBR around the roads up the hill across from Trump National, or just along PV Drive West along the cliffs.

We definitely need to have more Porsche meets down this way! Pacific Porsche hosts small events every now and then for new car releases, but that's about it.

Steve

Old 04-21-2009, 02:32 PM
kiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like a lot of fun!!! Let me know when you guys all wanna meet up for a nice Southbay drive!!

Old 04-21-2009, 02:57 PM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
im in for a meet in PV..........

Old 04-21-2009, 03:04 PM
smistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smokinxtreme
im in for a meet in PV..........

me too!

Old 04-22-2009, 01:24 AM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
Be careful around the Portuguese Bend

Old 04-22-2009, 10:54 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
portuguese bend. killer roads on that side of pv.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:39 AM
kiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to behold
So what are we all waiting for??? Let's set this thing up and drive!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Wanhand is infamous around these parts
I'm heading to C&C this Saturday in case you fellows wants to convoy. Have a few relatives that wants to see unique cars...

Old 05-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by smokinxtreme
i live in PV and just for fun i sometimes go over to the switchbacks.its right next to the Trump National and barely any cops there since theres no spots for the popo's stop at besides the couple of spots before the turns and great view from top. let me know may be we can roll out together..................so where do u stay at in PV.
Mon

Let's check it out. I sent you a PM.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by smistry007
Crenshaw between PV North and Indian Peak is a nice late night run!

Welcome to PV!

I took that last Thursday on my way home from Home Despot. When I turned onto Hawthorn I came upon a waiting cop and was sure was going to pull me over..... He must have been on the phone or asleep.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Kato
Was just there Friday night for some Poker! There seemed to be some nice roads but yes, many, many cops. Torrance PD is a PITA as well-watch your back. They pulled me over in my NSX a looong time ago and sent me to the smog referee for a K&N air filter, LOL...

Take a trip up to the coast again and we'll run Latigo up and down a few times like back in the day! That will get you your fix... ;P

Yesterday it was packed-too many bikes (moto and pedal) running too slow...

Oh and come and hit the track with us next time...I'll drop you a note. We just went but should be heading out to Streets or Buttonwillow again soon.

Keep me posted on your track events.

How are the Toyos working out for you?

I need new rears and am contemplating them. I run my old Contis in the rear right now and they suck big time compared to the MPS II. I loose grip on every on ramp and in every turn.

How do the Toyos compare to PSIIs?

Old 05-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Wanhand
From PCH up to Narbonne towards the ocean is a nice drive. It'll take you to Trump's Golf course.

I just looked it up on the map.

Narbonne turns into PV Dr. E and then crosses PV Dr. N at the reservoir. Are you just staying on the biggest roads toward the ocean without going onto Western?

In that case you should end up close to Palos Verdes Shoreline Park.

Does that all sound right?

I'm all game if you have time to take me on a drive.

I'll PM you my #.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just moved to Palos Verdes - Where can I go to drive my car?