996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just moved to Palos Verdes - Where can I go to drive my car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Wanhand
I'm in the zip 90710 area and just 5 mins. up the hill. Wish I live up there...

I think I saw you driving on Hawthorne a while back.

There are more Turbos here than I thought.

Can we put together a weekly drive or meet?

Old 05-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by orlando333
Oliver -- So you finished your house. FYI -- unless you want to be popped, I would not be running anywhere too fast in the Turbo.

You will have to go down to OC or Malibu to do some good runs.

If you want someone to run with, you have my number -- I now have a Lambo G (along with the Turbo and GT-R)

Good to hear from you. How is Turbo holding up against the GT-R?

Let me know if you change your mind re. the equipment we were talking about.

Do you want to go on a drive, would be fun to see the GT-R and the Turbo side by side.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 996garage
I grew up in PV and live there now (previously lived in WestLA). Definitely lots of cops, so it's worth investing in a radar detector...first thing I bought after moving back.

There's really nowhere to do a long spirited run, but if you want a nice cruise I used to ride my CBR around the roads up the hill across from Trump National, or just along PV Drive West along the cliffs.

We definitely need to have more Porsche meets down this way! Pacific Porsche hosts small events every now and then for new car releases, but that's about it.

Steve

I sent you a PM. Let's get a drive or meet together.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Wanhand is infamous around these parts
Put me on your list BlackBear for the Southbay run.

Narbonne turns into PV Drive East, towards the ocean and up to Miraleste Drive. Look how the twisty road going up there in the map.

Jon

Old 05-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Banned
OK, this weekend is Mother's day. Some of you might not be able to make it. But then again, some might.

Could you all just indicate who is up for a drive and lunch or something like that? Maybe on Saturday?

Could you please post a reply with the day that would work best for you?

We should do this monthly.

"The PV Sea Breezers"

Old 05-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Banned
Please put your name under the date and indicate if you are up for a Drive D, and/or Lunch L.

I'll start the list:

5/9 Saturday 5/10 Sunday

BlackBear D/L BlackBear D/L

Old 05-06-2009, 09:36 PM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
I'll start the list:

5/9 Saturday 5/10 Sunday

BlackBear D/L BlackBear D/L
smokinxtreme d/l may be.......lol

Old 05-06-2009, 09:37 PM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Wanhand
Put me on your list BlackBear for the Southbay run.

Narbonne turns into PV Drive East, towards the ocean and up to Miraleste Drive. Look how the twisty road going up there in the map.

Jon

yo bruthas that road is better known to the locals here as THE SWITCHBACK.............

Old 05-07-2009, 12:57 AM
996garage is infamous around these parts996garage is infamous around these parts
Sunday is mother's day, so that will be tough.
I can stop by for Lunch on Sat, but I'll be at the Toyotafest classic car show in LB in the morning.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:30 AM
lets hang out on sunday since i forgot its my twin girls b-day on saturday.....

Old 05-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by smokinxtreme
lets hang out on sunday since i forgot its my twin girls b-day on saturday.....

That's it? Just you and me?

I'll Pm you my contact info.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Banned
Where do you get your oil changed and services done in the PV area?

I don't like paying the dealer the huge mark up for a simple oil change.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Banned
Here is a link to pictures of my car, say hello if you see me around:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...12k-miles.html

Old 05-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Banned
Anyone game for a drive today or on Sunday?

Old 05-16-2009, 11:17 PM
ChasenIS is infamous around these parts
There are plenty of roads in PV to have some fun on, the catch is most of them are residential streets, or patrolled by sheriffs who aren't happy with exotics since a recent incident.

The switchbacks as mentioned are ok but its a short run, for any great roads you have to drive to Malibi or Glendora/Angeles crest. I was raised there an had quite some fun on the roads but theres certain times you can an cant run them hard ect.

Its a family city thats being over crowded an im glad to have left, that being said its a safe city hence why I leave my M3 there at my parents garage. Dont have to worry about her there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just moved to Palos Verdes - Where can I go to drive my car?