996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just moved to Palos Verdes - Where can I go to drive my car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
Just moved to Palos Verdes - Where can I go to drive my car?

I just moved from the West Side to Palos Verdes.

I used to drive in the Malibu mountains. Lots of second and third gear turns. Almost like in the Alps. During the week I could drive aggressively for an hour without having to stop.

What areas are close to Palos Verdes? I seems there is a cop around every turn here. They have nothing better to do than write tickets.

Are there any Sunday meets in the South Bay?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:49 PM
jsanch21 is infamous around these parts
Dude, PV has some decent areas for our cars, esp along the coast and up Hawthorne Blvd. Beware though, as cops are everywhere and almost never hand out warnings. Just my .02. I've lived here all my life

Old 04-19-2009, 03:14 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
seek and yee shall find... honestly, there are roads but way too conjested.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:40 AM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BlackBear
I just moved from the West Side to Palos Verdes.

I used to drive in the Malibu mountains. Lots of second and third gear turns. Almost like in the Alps. During the week I could drive aggressively for an hour without having to stop.

What areas are close to Palos Verdes? I seems there is a cop around every turn here. They have nothing better to do than write tickets.

Are there any Sunday meets in the South Bay?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Unless cops have changed around there, they pull you over for anything. Happend to me for apparently crossing the center divide when making a left turn. IMO they just wanted an excuse to see who was driving in the neighborhood in the early morning hours. Sorry, not an answer to your question, but thank you for finally giving me the chance to vent my frustrations at the PVPD!

Old 04-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Wanhand is infamous around these parts
From PCH up to Narbonne towards the ocean is a nice drive. It'll take you to Trump's Golf course.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Was just there Friday night for some Poker! There seemed to be some nice roads but yes, many, many cops. Torrance PD is a PITA as well-watch your back. They pulled me over in my NSX a looong time ago and sent me to the smog referee for a K&N air filter, LOL...

Take a trip up to the coast again and we'll run Latigo up and down a few times like back in the day! That will get you your fix... ;P

Yesterday it was packed-too many bikes (moto and pedal) running too slow...

Oh and come and hit the track with us next time...I'll drop you a note. We just went but should be heading out to Streets or Buttonwillow again soon.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:21 AM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
i live in PV and just for fun i sometimes go over to the switchbacks.its right next to the Trump National and barely any cops there since theres no spots for the popo's stop at besides the couple of spots before the turns and great view from top. let me know may be we can roll out together..................so where do u stay at in PV.
Mon

Old 04-20-2009, 12:16 PM
smistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond repute
Crenshaw between PV North and Indian Peak is a nice late night run!

Welcome to PV!

Old 04-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by smokinxtreme
i live in PV and just for fun i sometimes go over to the switchbacks.its right next to the Trump National and barely any cops there since theres no spots for the popo's stop at besides the couple of spots before the turns and great view from top. let me know may be we can roll out together..................so where do u stay at in PV.
Mon

Hit me up too in case you guys go to the switchback..

Old 04-20-2009, 03:11 PM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by wanhand
hit me up too in case you guys go to the switchback..
so u stay up in pv too.....

Old 04-20-2009, 03:19 PM
orlando333 is infamous around these parts
Oliver -- So you finished your house. FYI -- unless you want to be popped, I would not be running anywhere too fast in the Turbo.

You will have to go down to OC or Malibu to do some good runs.

If you want someone to run with, you have my number -- I now have a Lambo G (along with the Turbo and GT-R)

Old 04-20-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm in the zip 90710 area and just 5 mins. up the hill. Wish I live up there...

Old 04-20-2009, 03:27 PM
DeeMan007 is infamous around these parts
Welcome to PV! I've lived here all my life and to be honest, the roads are nothing like Malibu. I wish they were better here but there are cops all over the place. What you can do is find out when jsanch21 is running his Proto 700 and when all the cops are chasin him, you will have some clear roads! Just kidding Jay! =) Hey, looks like there are a few Turbos online here and in PV...we should do the road rally at the Concours at Trump. Last year they had a Bugatti Veyron in it!

Old 04-20-2009, 03:31 PM
orlando333 is infamous around these parts
You guys should have all came to the Long Beach GP -- quite a turn out -- 2 CGTs, an SLR, lots of turbos, a blacked out phantom, an F40 and lambos galore

Old 04-20-2009, 03:40 PM
DeeMan007 is infamous around these parts
WOW! My bro went to the event and was talking about all of the T&A, but he must have missed this lot full of beauties!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just moved to Palos Verdes - Where can I go to drive my car?