996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Doing 24/18g !! :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
It's up to the tuner.

I have heard 1.1 on pump and 1.3 BAR. But I'm sure timing has lot to with it.

I just want a safe, reliable tune, not necessarily max HP. I'm not keen on a rebuild or worse because I blew the engine.

Where do you live? I'd love to switch test drives!

Originally Posted by Green Turbo
Ari,
How much boost are you planning to run? Right now I have mine setup at 1 bar since we have only 91 fuel in so. cal. I am going to hit the dyno soon and see what kind of power I put down.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
mafs do blow once ou start hitting 600 rwhp... the maf is actually not just an electronic device that can just be maxxed out and still thought to perform...
You can blindely tune a car for a certain boost even with the maf being out of its range...
but is it the way to go? IDK, I leave that up to the great tuning minds...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-23-2009, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by luva966tt
Ive had'nt any problems with my maf with a evo v flow intake since I switch from a k24 with a giac tune to an k24/18 w/ an proto tune. Prio to that I went thru alot of maf and oxy sensors
If you're near the limits of the factory Maf, I'd definitely suggest putting in some fresh 02 sensor, great advice to keep thinks safe as you rely on A/F much more as you reach the limits of the maf. I'm working on a fix for our race car right now on the MAF but it won't be the faint of heart. I know Tony has something in the works for the street guys that's being tested as we speak as well.

Last edited by onelove; 04-23-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
At what mileage do you recommend changing 02 Sensors?

Also, do you have just the converted K24/18g turbos for sale? Please PM me.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
At what mileage do you recommend changing 02 Sensors?

Also, do you have just the converted K24/18g turbos for sale? Please PM me.
Depends on race gas or not, I personally like to change maintenance parts in a race application much earlier than they are recommended. I'd probably change the 02s every 30-40k miles, likely sooner if you run race gas.

We have plenty of K24/18Gs in stock right now, $3,750 is the current price for 2 brand new turbos with 18G and wastegate actuator upgrades.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:25 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove

We have plenty of K24/18Gs in stock right now, $3,750 is the current price for 2 brand new turbos with 18G and wastegate actuator upgrades.
Does that include the EPL Flash???
Or what else would I need coming from a non-x50?

Old 04-23-2009, 02:40 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ari
It's up to the tuner.

I have heard 1.1 on pump and 1.3 BAR. But I'm sure timing has lot to with it.

I just want a safe, reliable tune, not necessarily max HP. I'm not keen on a rebuild or worse because I blew the engine.

Where do you live? I'd love to switch test drives!
Are you planning on just running a 5 bar FPR for now?

Old 04-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
Depends on race gas or not, I personally like to change maintenance parts in a race application much earlier than they are recommended. I'd probably change the 02s every 30-40k miles, likely sooner if you run race gas.

hey are wgs 1 bar? The same ones Blauch upgrades?

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jjbravo
Does that include the EPL Flash???
Or what else would I need coming from a non-x50?
You'd need a 5Bar FPR or Injectors and a tune in addition to that. The complete kit including these parts is $5,845.00 for factory boost control, $6,195.00 with the Greddy EBC. Again using brand new Borg Warner units as the base.

Originally Posted by MARKSKI
hey are wgs 1 bar? The same ones Blauch upgrades?
Yup, exactly the same as they handle the upgrade for us.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
What's the best route to go if I already have K24's on my car? Send them to Blauch? Any idea on costs for the 18g upgrade?

Is this the best route (economically) given that I already have K24's?

Old 04-23-2009, 05:17 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kato
What's the best route to go if I already have K24's on my car? Send them to Blauch? Any idea on costs for the 18g upgrade?

Is this the best route (economically) given that I already have K24's?
Yep, thats the best route in my opinion if you already have k24s.

Send to Blouch, the cost is about $1200 for the pair.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:34 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT
Yep, thats the best route in my opinion if you already have k24s.

Send to Blouch, the cost is about $1200 for the pair.
Yep, I'd say that's your best bet.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Well, we need to remember that (1) Blouch can be hard to get a hold of and (2) some people have had some turbos damaged in shipment and (3) these tuners don't mark up Blouch's prices much, if at all.
I got my turbos straight from Blouch, but that was before I decided on a tuner. If I had to do it all over again, I'd just go straight to the tuner and let them take care of the headache.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:58 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Well, we need to remember that (1) Blouch can be hard to get a hold of and (2) some people have had some turbos damaged in shipment and (3) these tuners don't mark up Blouch's prices much, if at all.
I got my turbos straight from Blouch, but that was before I decided on a tuner. If I had to do it all over again, I'd just go straight to the tuner and let them take care of the headache.

^^^^^^ Slate..I mean Sealgreymatte speaks the truth!!!

Old 04-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Former Vendor
We batch ship to Blouch to make sure we always have a set in stock, they are also shipped there and back in the original Borg Warner boxes to ensure they are protected during shipment. Our kit prices don't include any markup in these services.

We've had many customers with K24s stock who bought the kit and then sell thier factory turbos for fair value. Saves downtime and gets you brand new turbos so you know you are dealing with a clean slate.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Doing 24/18g !! :)