996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: What do you think about Tiptronic?
I like it.
52.63%
I have no opinion.
18.42%
I think it sucks a fat one.
28.95%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Tiptronic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
Matt - overwhelming majority say they like it.

Bite yourself.

Old 10-12-2004, 02:34 PM
gt2next is infamous around these parts
i have never been a fan of tiptronic, but this matt "fresh" guy makes me want to buy it over a 6-speed! dude, you have GOT to lighten up! you are a HORRIBLE representative for the 6-speed fans judging by the way you never know when to quit and take jabs at everybody from behind the keyboard if they don't agree with you. cheesh, is real life THAT bad on a daily basis that this is your only outlet to vent? LOL. words of wisdom: everybody has different taste. live and let be. let it go. relax. it will be okay. breath and count to ten.........starting to feel better? please, for the sake of everybody who prefers 6 speeds over tips, stop standing up for us. you are making us look bad and consider switching over to tip just b/c you are the representative for us! let. it. go.
comedy!!

Old 10-12-2004, 11:29 PM
Banned
Matt Fresh is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by gt2next
i have never been a fan of tiptronic, but this matt "fresh" guy makes me want to buy it over a 6-speed! dude, you have GOT to lighten up! you are a HORRIBLE representative for the 6-speed fans judging by the way you never know when to quit and take jabs at everybody from behind the keyboard if they don't agree with you. cheesh, is real life THAT bad on a daily basis that this is your only outlet to vent? LOL. words of wisdom: everybody has different taste. live and let be. let it go. relax. it will be okay. breath and count to ten.........starting to feel better? please, for the sake of everybody who prefers 6 speeds over tips, stop standing up for us. you are making us look bad and consider switching over to tip just b/c you are the representative for us! let. it. go.
comedy!!
I just want to see how many like tip vs. dont like it... think of it as a demographic study for my own sociological research of this board.

btw, when a bunch of people jump on the wagon to flame you, you might find yourself becoming defensive too. I am not going to be a ***** and back down from my belief b/c a bunch of people tell me that I am stupid for believing what I do. There are plenty who agree.

Old 10-12-2004, 11:32 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Matt Fresh
btw, when a bunch of people jump on the wagon to flame you, you might find yourself becoming defensive too. I am not going to be a ***** and back down from my belief b/c a bunch of people tell me that I am stupid for believing what I do. There are plenty who agree.
Have you noticed that you are pretty much the only person on this forum that gets jumped on this much.

Does that tell you anything?

Old 10-13-2004, 12:12 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
i don't get it, why is everyone ganging up on matt, so what if he words his opinions in a harsh manor. why take offense unless you got some type of chip on your shoulder. this forum doesn't state that you need to be politically correct. the guy is just stating his opinions whether it is wrong or right. give the guy a break he's 23 years old with a big ego. better to be confident than a wuss. let his mom worry about his manors and just shut the f@@k up.

btw tips rule.....

Last edited by cjv; 10-13-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:28 AM
Banned
Originally posted by NoMercy
Have you noticed that you are pretty much the only person on this forum that gets jumped on this much.

Does that tell you anything?
Yep, it tells me that I am controversial b/c I speak my mind. I will give you a perfect examle of someone like me: Eminem. Em speaks his mind, doesn't give a **** what anyone thinks, and most of the time he has a valid arguement and proof behind it. The guy is provocative and offensive many times, but many people believe in him. No matter how many people tell him he is a &#!()*@#$)(, etc. he stands behind what he believes. I was raised not to be a *****, and stand up for what I believe in. I also believe in calling a spade a spade, and I am a die hard sports car enthusiast that believes that an automatic transmission belongs in a Buick with a grandma driving it. If you dont agree with me, fine... but dont tell me that I am immature and that there is something wrong with me b/c I am not going to tuck my tail between my legs and cower away like a ***** b/c a bunch of happy tip-maniacs are all getting hard ons by ganging up to make a mockery of what I am saying.

... And yes, I am 23 and I have a big ego... and I'm rich *****!

btw... from the poll numbers so far (eventhough it is a little early to tell) it is interesting to note that the majority of people voting have, or like tiptronic. This would be a strong inclination of why there are so many people getting pissy when I put it down.

Last edited by Matt Fresh; 10-13-2004 at 12:32 AM.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Don Relentless
i don't get it, why is everyone ganging up on matt, so what if he words his opinions in a harsh manor. why take offense unless you got some type of chip on your shoulder. this forum doesn't state that you need to be politically correct. the guy is just stating his opinions whether it is wrong or right. give the guy a break he's 23 years old with a big ego. better to be confident than a wuss. let his mom worry about his manors and just shut the **** up.

btw tips rule.....
... with that statement who says that some young arrogant cocky ***** can't be jumped on. Who says we have to tolerate his constant *****ing. I think his opinions are weak and he is a scrwany *****. Hows that for politically correct.

Old 10-13-2004, 12:32 AM
offroad911 is infamous around these parts
Have you noticed that some of the folks who post here can't make their point without reverting to "potty mouth" exclaimations?

Educated, concise and articulate posts don't seem to require the use of "potty mouth" slang.

Just my humble observation!

Old 10-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Matt Fresh
... And yes, I am 23 and I have a big ego... and I'm a scrawny rich *****!

Old 10-13-2004, 12:33 AM
fdb996c2 is infamous around these partsfdb996c2 is infamous around these parts
i don't get it, why is everyone ganging up on matt, so what if he words his opinions in a harsh manor. why take offense unless you got some type of chip on your shoulder. this forum doesn't state that you need to be politically correct. the guy is just stating his opinions whether it is wrong or right. give the guy a break he's 23 years old with a big ego. better to be confident than a wuss. let his mom worry about his manors and just shut the **** up.

btw tips rule.....
I'll tell you why. I agree with Matt on the question of the technical superiority of the manual transmission. But when someone posts saying that for them a tip is the better choice, for whatever reason, Matt responds by saying the poster is gay, or stupid, or an incompetent driver. That is not being merely being "politically incorrect", or stating an opinion on the merits of the transmission, harshly or otherwise, it is a direct and personal insult. And one doesn't have to have a "chip on their shoulder" to be offended and angry when they are personally insulted, whether face-to-face or in an online forum. I'm not saying Matt doesn't have the right to be an ***. But nobody should be surprised when people respond in kind.

Last edited by fdb996c2; 10-13-2004 at 01:34 AM.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:34 AM
Banned
Originally posted by NoMercy
... with that statement who says that some young arrogant cocky ***** can't be jumped on. Who says we have to tolerate his constant *****ing. I think his opinions are weak and he is a scrwany *****. Hows that for politically correct.
I am not the one *****ing, *****. YOU ARE! And all the other people who got pissed off when I origionally posted about tip being against the idea behind Porsche ARE THE ONES WHO ARE *****ING.

Scrawny? I am a little over 6'2" and wiegh 185 lbs... last time I checked that is the target weight for my height, so you can go f--k yourself!

Old 10-13-2004, 12:39 AM
Banned
Originally posted by fdb996c2
I'll tell you why. I agree with Matt on the question of the technical superiority of the manual transmission. But when someone posts saying that for them a tip is the better choice, for whatever reason, Matt responds by saying the poster is gay, or stupid, or an incompetent driver. That is not being merely being "politically incorrect", or stating an opinion on the merits of the transmission, harshly or otherwise, it is a direct and personal insult. And one doesn't have to have a"chip on their shoulder" to be offended and angry when they are personnally insulted, whether face-to-face or in an online forum. I'm not saying Matt doesn't have the right to be an ***. But nobody should not be surprised when people respond in kind.
Dude, please go back and re-read the "how good is tiptronic on the TT" thread... at least the beginning. I never called anyone else gay for driving it, or a ***... I said that tiptronic ITSELF was GAY. I am sorry that so many are offended by the use of the word GAY but that is a word I use to describe things like tiptronic, pink shoes on men, and tapered jeans that sit 4 inches above your sneakers, etc. Then, everyone started to bash into me, and I got defensive. Many others got personal towards me, and I retailiated in my defense.

NoMercy: It is obvious that you suffer from a low self esteem, and I am sure that if we met you wouldn't say **** to my face. I feel sorry for you. I guess in Lone Tree, Co there isnt much to do except sit on the internet and talk **** all day (that is when you aren't downloading **** and spanking yourself).

Old 10-13-2004, 12:44 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
you are unbelievable man, are you as much of a chump in real life as you are on the net?

I still think you are a good guy, but you come across like an ***. It's better to speak softly and be heard then to speak cross and go virtually ignored. You'd have a lot more success if you didn't speak like an ***. I'm still laughing at your comments about evo and them not producing the power they claim, yet when you were given the chance to witness it first hand you ignored it and yet still go on bashing?

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 10-13-2004 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:50 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by fdb996c2
I'll tell you why. I agree with Matt on the question of the technical superiority of the manual transmission. But when someone posts saying that for them a tip is the better choice, for whatever reason, Matt responds by saying the poster is gay, or stupid, or an incompetent driver. That is not being merely being "politically incorrect", or stating an opinion on the merits of the transmission, harshly or otherwise, it is a direct and personal insult. And one doesn't have to have a"chip on their shoulder" to be offended and angry when they are personnally insulted, whether face-to-face or in an online forum. I'm not saying Matt doesn't have the right to be an ***. But nobody should not be surprised when people respond in kind.
your right, and your point is well put. but it just seems to me that people posting are just bashing with no other obvious point being made.

Old 10-13-2004, 12:51 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
your right, and your point is well put. but it just seems to me that people posting are just bashing with no other obvious point being made.

that thread definately turned into one large cluster****

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poll: Tiptronic