996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: What do you think about Tiptronic?
I like it.
52.63%
I have no opinion.
18.42%
I think it sucks a fat one.
28.95%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Tiptronic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 12:53 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by Matt Fresh
Yep, it tells me that I am controversial b/c I speak my mind. I will give you a perfect examle of someone like me: Eminem. Em speaks his mind, doesn't give a **** what anyone thinks, and most of the time he has a valid arguement and proof behind it. The guy is provocative and offensive many times, but many people believe in him. No matter how many people tell him he is a &#!()*@#$)(, etc. he stands behind what he believes. I was raised not to be a *****, and stand up for what I believe in. I also believe in calling a spade a spade, and I am a die hard sports car enthusiast that believes that an automatic transmission belongs in a Buick with a grandma driving it. If you dont agree with me, fine... but dont tell me that I am immature and that there is something wrong with me b/c I am not going to tuck my tail between my legs and cower away like a ***** b/c a bunch of happy tip-maniacs are all getting hard ons by ganging up to make a mockery of what I am saying.....

I don't usually play with stupid stuff like this, but I know my son reads this so I will add one comment.

A real man knows that everyone has a right to have an opinion and that his opinion is that - his. He doesn't need to change the worlds opinion, he doesn't need to convince everyone he is right, he just knows he believes in his opinion and keeps his f*&king mouth shut.

Old 10-13-2004, 12:54 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by NoMercy
... with that statement who says that some young arrogant cocky ***** can't be jumped on. Who says we have to tolerate his constant *****ing. I think his opinions are weak and he is a scrwany *****. Hows that for politically correct.

bravo....

Old 10-13-2004, 01:27 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Hey Matty,

No esteem problem here buddy boy. I spent 11 years in the Marine Corps infantry. Built my own trading company from nothing. I work for myself and cater to no one. I have a 7,000 sq foot house and have a great wife (19 years) and three daughters. Lone Tree is actually a suburb of Denver. Plenty to do, but since I am in front of the computer during the day I can post here when the market is slow. Like your car.

If you had been a car salesman at BMW of Honolulu you would have been sucking my dick. Two years ago I had gone through an M3 (6speed) vert, a Dinan S2 M5 and a Dinan Z8. Call them sometime and ask mangement about me (Rocko or Kevin) Bill Walters, I am your dream client. But of course I would never buy anything from you because you are a punk *** tool.

As far as saying something to your face. I promise you that I would ... and will, noooooo problem. I am closer to 5'10 and weigh about 205. I lift weights 4 days a week and would be happy to meet you anytime for a spirited discussion. I may be at the shoot out. We can talk then

Old 10-13-2004, 01:36 AM
Banned
Matt Fresh is infamous around these parts
Hey Matty,

No esteem problem here buddy boy. I spent 11 years in the Marine Corps infantry. Built my own trading company from nothing. I work for myself and cater to no one. I have a 7,000 sq foot house and have a great wife (19 years) and three daughters. Lone Tree is actually a suburb of Denver. Plenty to do, but since I am in front of the computer during the day I can post here when the market is slow. Like your car.

If you had been a car salesman at BMW of Honolulu you would have been sucking my dick. Two years ago I had gone through an M3 (6speed) vert, a Dinan S2 M5 and a Dinan Z8. Call them sometime and ask mangement about me (Rocko or Kevin) Bill Walters, I am your dream client. But of course I would never buy anything from you because you are a punk *** tool.

As far as saying something to your face. I promise you that I would ... and will, noooooo problem. I am closer to 5'10 and weigh about 205. I lift weights 4 days a week and would be happy to meet you anytime for a spirited discussion. I may be at the shoot out. We can talk then
Now it all makes sense! Since we are stereotype happy and just loving to throw everyone into genres and catagories based on ignorance, I will take my shot at it. You sound like all the hard core Marine Core *******s who shave their heads, beat up their wives, and think that George Bush is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You live your life like someone with the blinds pulled down infront of them no matter what anyone else tells you. You make me laugh, you actually want to instigate a physical fight over the internet and talk about how tough you are because you lift weights 4 times a day. I bet you could kick my ***, I dont work out because I work too many hours to have the time and energy, and I dont have any interest in eating Myoplex bars all day long, feeling like **** b/c I am loaded on ephedrine all day and sore as hell from ripping my muscles apart. The only thing you can prove is that you are more mature than me by shutting your mouth and moving on, b/c threatening to kick my *** over the internet is about as gay as it gets. We are here to agree and disagree about car ****, not talk about who we can beat up. What would you prove if you kicked my ***? That you can fight better than me... great, there are plenty of people who can kick your *** too. You sound like a dumb *** to me, but at least you are determined. Perseverance is a virtue.

Old 10-13-2004, 01:50 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Now it all makes sense! Since we are stereotype happy and just loving to throw everyone into genres and catagories based on ignorance, I will take my shot at it. You sound like all the hard core Marine Core *******s who shave their heads, beat up their wives, and think that George Bush is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You live your life like someone with the blinds pulled down infront of them no matter what anyone else tells you. You make me laugh, you actually want to instigate a physical fight over the internet and talk about how tough you are because you lift weights 4 times a day. I bet you could kick my ***, I dont work out because I work too many hours to have the time and energy, and I dont have any interest in eating Myoplex bars all day long, feeling like **** b/c I am loaded on ephedrine all day and sore as hell from ripping my muscles apart. The only thing you can prove is that you are more mature than me by shutting your mouth and moving on, b/c threatening to kick my *** over the internet is about as gay as it gets. We are here to agree and disagree about car ****, not talk about who we can beat up. What would you prove if you kicked my ***? That you can fight better than me... great, there are plenty of people who can kick your *** too. You sound like a dumb *** to me, but at least you are determined. Perseverance is a virtue.
Dude, you told him he was probably a little pimpled geek behind a computer who was to scared to talk **** to someones face. He was just telling you he wasn't.

Old 10-13-2004, 01:53 AM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
I propose a cage fight with no rules. Winner takes the others car away and everyones happy!

Old 10-13-2004, 01:54 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
I bet you could kick my ***,
You'd probably win that bet. I never threatened to kick your ***. You said I would never say anything to your face and I said I would. Don't be afraid though I am not interested in beating down a punk *** like you. You are right about being a hard corps Marine Corps ******* and I am very proud of it. My hair is short but I don't beat my wife. I do think Bush is the better choice. I get along really well with most everyone ... every once in ahwile someone rubs me the wrong way ... enter Matt.

I remember a "can't we all just get along" PM you sent me awhile ago. You can't have it both ways dude. If you are going to talk **** and ruffle feathers expect more of the same. You start all of this crap and bring it down on yourself. Then cry and ***** ... tap out. No other 6speed member get treated this way. I personally never hammer anyone on the internet ... but you. I just don't like you. I don't know you and don't want to know you.

Old 10-13-2004, 01:57 AM
fdb996c2 is infamous around these partsfdb996c2 is infamous around these parts
Anyone other than me starting to get the feeling that we look at these tip/manual threads for the same reason we look at a horrific accident? No matter how gruesome or gory it is, we can't seem to avert our eyes.

Old 10-13-2004, 02:00 AM
Banned
You'd probably win that bet. I never threatened to kick your ***. You said I would never say anything to your face and I said I would. Don't be afraid though I am not interested in beating down a punk *** like you. You are right about being a hard corps Marine Corps ******* and I am very proud of it. My hair is short but I don't beat my wife. I do think Bush is the better choice. I get along really well with most everyone ... every once in ahwile someone rubs me the wrong way ... enter Matt.

I remember a "can't we all just get along" PM you sent me awhile ago. You can't have it both ways dude. If you are going to talk **** and ruffle feathers expect more of the same. You start all of this crap and bring it down on yourself. Then cry and ***** ... tap out. No other 6speed member get treated this way. I personally never hammer anyone on the internet ... but you. I just don't like you. I don't know you and don't want to know you.
Well then, lets formally agree to not like each other. At least I can feel better about this whole thing knowing your type now. We can walk our seperate ways, and you can go on with your hardcore Marine value system Srgt. Hartmann, chasing the soon to be X president with a hard on... Michael Moore makes great films about people like you btw.

Old 10-13-2004, 02:07 AM
Bobby G is infamous around these parts
on topic: I don't think tiptronics are "gay." Actually, I don't think any mechanical part has sexual tendencies one way or the other.

I am always interested in why somebody would buy a
Porsche in tiptronic. The thrill of a Porsche is best felt through manual shifting. Period. I hate LA traffic. But instead of buying a tip, I have my 6speed and bought a daily driver. That's my tiptronic compromise.

off topic: Matt, you are an awesome instigator. Kudos for getting a rise out of people by typing a few words on a chat board. I guess that takes a certain talent. But if you talk **** and get personal, you'll have to back it up. This isn't a video game forum full of little kids without jobs, and you're not appearing anonymously -- unless you never intend to attend a Porsche meet.

Old 10-13-2004, 02:12 AM
Banned
Originally posted by Bobby G
on topic: I don't think tiptronics are "gay." Actually, I don't think any mechanical part has sexual tendencies one way or the other.

Porsche in tiptronic. The thrill of a Porsche is best felt through manual shifting. Period. I hate LA traffic. But instead of buying a tip, I have my 6speed and bought a daily driver. That's my tiptronic compromise.

off topic: Matt, you are an awesome instigator. Kudos for getting a rise out of people by typing a few words on a chat board. I guess that takes a certain talent. But if you talk **** and get personal, you'll have to back it up. This isn't a video game forum full of little kids without jobs, and you're not appearing anonymously -- unless you never intend to attend a Porsche meet.
Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and nobody should be slandered for it. I attacked tiptronic, and everyone here attacked me. Maybe I formulated my arguement in the wrong way, and I got a rise out of many users on 6speed. I am provacative at times... if people on the board want to take our disagreement to the next level and threaten to physically hurt me at a Porsche meet I guess I will stay away from them. Besides, the only time I ever go to a meet with cars is to race mine on the track. I go with people might or might not agree with me on the tiptronic issue, but we all get along in person and have fun. I would probably get along well with most people on here, had this **** not have started. I am willing to let the whole thing go and in a few weeks nobody will even think about it. but there will always be those people that will make reference to it everytime I post anything about anything, and those are the people who make this place suck.

Old 10-13-2004, 02:16 AM
alamein is infamous around these parts
Porsche in tiptronic. The thrill of a Porsche is best felt through manual shifting. Period. I hate LA traffic. But instead of buying a tip, I have my 6speed and bought a daily driver. That's my tiptronic compromise
daily driver = gayer than a Porsche tiptronic

Old 10-13-2004, 02:22 AM
Bobby G is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by alamein
No, I'd rather put 30,000 miles a year on my Porsche.

Matt, by the way, Alamein is a perfect example of somebody I can't wait to meet at our next Porsche event.

-Bobby

Old 10-13-2004, 02:24 AM
alamein is infamous around these parts

Matt, by the way, Alamein is a perfect example of somebody I can't wait to meet at our next Porsche event.

-Bobby
and why is that

Old 10-13-2004, 02:37 AM
Banned
Originally posted by alamein
So having a 2005 507bhp M5 SMG for daily work commuter, and 996TT for nights, weekends and road trips is gay?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poll: Tiptronic