996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: What do you think about Tiptronic?
I like it.
52.63%
I have no opinion.
18.42%
I think it sucks a fat one.
28.95%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Tiptronic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 02:44 AM
alamein is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Matt Fresh
So having a 2005 507bhp M5 SMG for daily work commuter, and 996TT for nights, weekends and road trips is gay?
sort of hypothetical considering the M5 isn't even out yet, but is it "gay"? no ... is it "gayer" than a tip all the time?, imo yes.

your opinion is tips are crap vs. manuals ... my opinion is M5s are crap vs. tip turbos.

Last edited by alamein; 10-13-2004 at 02:49 AM.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:48 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally posted by alamein
sort of hypothetical considering the M5 isn't even out yet, but is it "gay"? no ... is it "gayer" than a tip all the time?, imo yes.
what about my combo of FX45 and Elise? Where does that rank on the gayness scale? about a 6?

Old 10-13-2004, 02:53 AM
Banned
Matt Fresh is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by alamein

your opinion is tips are crap vs. manuals ... my opinion is M5s are crap vs. tip turbos.
you are going to eat your words like a bowl of wheaties when you have an E60 M5 right on your *** someday and you cant shake it. It is rumored to do 0-100-0 faster than a 996TT. I have seen some awesome vids, this car is going to be bad ***. And you can do all this while carting your clients around in the back seats!

Old 10-13-2004, 02:59 AM
alamein is infamous around these parts
you are going to eat your words like a bowl of wheaties when you have an E60 M5 right on your *** someday and you cant shake it. It is rumored to do 0-100-0 faster than a 996TT. I have seen some awesome vids, this car is going to be bad ***. And you can do all this while carting your clients around in the back seats!
possibly, hard to tell before I get a chance to drive one to see how it feels though. I like BMWs, had a 540, am getting a 745 ... but don't think they give quite as good a feeling as driving a Porsche.

the new M5 may prove me wrong, who knows.

Old 10-13-2004, 03:01 AM
dzy
dzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond repute
Dude, I said that tiptronic ITSELF was GAY.
Now you're confusing me. Either you mean gay as in homosexual or gay as in happy. If you mean homosexual that means that tiptronics are having sex with each other and that's just weird. OR, you meant to say that tiptronics are keenly alive and exuberant. Wouldn't the latter mean that you actually want one!?
Come on, step up to the plate and admit it, you want a tiptronic.
You need a tiptronic. You crave a Tiptronic! You don't want to have to tire your leg with that stupid clutch all day long. You want to be comfortable when going to work. If you ask Sharky, maybe you guys can trade

(Not intending to insult you or anyone else, if I've done that I'm sorry, but you're all so damn Tiptronic)

Old 10-13-2004, 03:05 AM
Marx is infamous around these parts
So having a 2005 507bhp M5 SMG for daily work commuter, and 996TT for nights, weekends and road trips is gay?
Actually I have 5 cars. But the TT remains my daily driver. I have two offroad/SUV cars (ML- and G-class) which are driven by me and my GF during the cold months of the year, an E-class (for biz trips which I don't always want to do in my TT) and an SL for the really hot days.

However, on most days we neither have extremely cold, nor extremely hot days in Germany. And since I am not on a business trip everyday, I drive my TT on around 75% of all days per year.

So... having e.g. a M5 as a daily commuter is definitely not gay... but I simply don't want to lose the comfort of an automatic trannsmission when driving my favorite car, the TT. I know that I wouldn't take the TT for inner city trips as much as I do now, if it had a manual... simply because I'm lazy.

Again: I love to drive my TT as much as possible and I don't want to miss anything in that car what I have in my other cars.

Also while driving in the city I am usually a very active person in my car: I open coke cans, search for my wallet, try to find audio CDs, playing around with the PCM, playing around with my GF etc. ...All of this is very hard to accomplish in a car with a manual. I guess that's my top reason why I drive an automatic transmission on every car I own.

Old 10-13-2004, 03:24 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
is it just me or does it seem like these guys just keep dumping gas on their own fires....

Old 10-13-2004, 03:42 AM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
Why does anyone pay attention to this child? He has only had his car for three months and is a self proclaimed expert driver. This forum seems to pride itself on a higher moral level than others but for some reason lets this individual bring it down to the lowest form of human culture. He has very little respect for anyone here and it would be nice for a moderator to have him clean up his act!!!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=12794

Last edited by Y65MPH; 10-13-2004 at 03:48 AM.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:48 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Y65MPH
Why does anyone pay attention to this child? He has only had his car for three months and is a self proclaimed expert driver. This forum seems to pride itself on a higher moral level than others but for some reason lets this individual bring it down to the lowest form of human culture. He has very little respect for anyone here and it would be nice for a moderator to have him clean up his act!!!

no, don't do that i like hot sauce with my scrambled eggs.

Old 10-13-2004, 03:51 AM
Banned
Matt Fresh is infamous around these parts

Newsflash genuis... b/c I have owned my 2002 996TT for a few months means what exactly to you? I have been driving Porsches since I was 15 years old. I learned to drive stick on a 993TT and have been behind the wheels of them ever since. That would give me over 8 years of experience driving manual transmissions (never owned anything but) and driving Porsche, among many other sports cars.

BTW, you are the smart one who awoke the world with your knowledge of these cars when you said that tiptronic was the same as a F1 car transmission...

Old 10-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !

Old 10-13-2004, 11:45 PM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute

I guess some people are just born perfect. It doesn't take him long to master anything, just ask the blonde he was with at the party.